British Speedway Forum
Mark

Bt Sport Coverage

14 minutes ago, RobMcCaffery said:

Funny how only speedway has lost supporters due to television coverage. It's quite an achievement when you think about it, if it were true.

Maybe it would be better if TV walked away and spent its efforts on a more intelligent and grateful sport. 

25,000 Dortmund fans boycott game because of tv on monday!!

http://www.spiegel.de/sport/fussball/bundesliga-borussia-dortmund-patzt-bei-fan-boykott-gegen-montagsspiele-a-1195537.html

9 minutes ago, iris123 said:

And if Dortmund were riding high and challenging for the Bundesliga like they were in the not too distant past do you think they would be boycotting?

I think the next game will probably be 81,000 as usual,we will see,it is a general protest about Monday night games.Not sure who is next up,but wouldn’t be surprised if some protest is arranged

How do people know that TV has stopped people attending ?...I actually went to some meetings last year because I saw the NSS on TV and it made me go...I'd not been to a live meeting for years....sure I didn't go every week but that's circumstances...without TV I'd never have gone at all.....how do people know others haven't done the same....how do they do that crowds wouldn't have dwindled even more without TV....they wete dwinding before TV anyway...certainly less people would actually know about the product if it wasn't on TV...

It's easy to blame TV for speedway's problems but that just papering over massive cracks...a sport needs TV and without it even less people will know anything about it and even less people will show up..

• Like 7

43 minutes ago, iris123 said:

I think the next game will probably be 81,000 as usual,we will see,it is a general protest about Monday night games.Not sure who is next up,but wouldn’t be surprised if some protest is arranged

Yeah I understand, just think it's easier to organise such a thing when the team is struggling.

7 minutes ago, Stainlesssteelride said:

It's gonna die with or without tv in the not too distant future, might as well let it happen, then people can get on doing other things with their lives.

oh right !! good job i don't listen to crap :unsure:

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, geoff58 said:

oh right !! good job i don't listen to crap :unsure:

I'm sure people have been saying the same thing for 20 years or more.  Makes you laugh tho.

24 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

I'm sure people have been saying the same thing for 20 years or more.  Makes you laugh tho.

They were saying it in the late 50's. 

• Like 1

I was sort of being tongue in cheek, and it has been said for years, but at the moment there isn't enough young people going. There was plenty of young people still going 30 years ago.

And it will still be around long after I've gone.

3 hours ago, mickthemuppet said:

From the time Speedway was televised live attendances has never stopped falling at the tracks.  TV is the worst enemy that Speedway can have.Attendances at the tracks will never go up until they stop showing it live. It does no favours for any sport

Why? The perfect opportunity to sell / market and promote the sport totally wasted. TV coverage could and should have been a real positive selling feature. It’s the product offering that has failed. 

• Like 2

TV is great for the sport as it advertises the product.   One live meeting each week won't ruin attanedances bar, maybe, at the match that is on TV.    To say otherwise is codswallop.     If you see a great meeting on TV then you would be enthused to go racing live.

• Like 1

I go to see live speedway and also watch on TV but is the Premiership going to be broadcast on BT?