British Speedway Forum
Mark

Bt Sport Coverage

6 minutes ago, Najjer said:

I was led to believe a few years ago the reason that attendance figures weren't given out is because not a single track in the country would have the correct amount of marshals, and if alcohol is being sold not the right amount of security either.

Depends which track you go to...

2 hours ago, Argos said:

Would it be fair to say the longer this saga goes on the less likely there will be League Speedway on TV this season, 

NO

2 hours ago, stevebrum said:

It would appear it's all virtually signed and sealed.  The wait for announcement is baffling. 

AGREED

• Like 1

The BSPA General Council is just waiting for the last delegate to arrive from the planet Incompetence. Just why they didn’t all come on the same bus we’ll never know.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, DC2 said:

The BSPA General Council is just waiting for the last delegate to arrive from the planet Incompetence. Just why they didn’t all come on the same bus we’ll never know.

Whats the problem - can't they just use a guest or RR?

Edited by dj350z
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, dj350z said:

Whats the problem - can't they just use a guest or RR?

He got caught up in a tape offence and they are still waiting for the ref  to put the two min signal on  

20 hours ago, lucifer sam said:

I believe the official attendance for Wembley in 1981 was 71,000.  That's still a massively impressive figure, though.

I was at the 1962 Wembley final, when peter Craven won, 70,000 that night, awesome atmosphere!

On 06/03/2018 at 12:07 AM, PHILIPRISING said:

AGREED

On 05/03/2018 at 9:59 PM, stevebrum said:

It would appear it's all virtually signed and sealed.  The wait for announcement is baffling. 

I’ve heard for months this is the case, ................ xmas is coming too !!!

Great, 99% of riders have their covers and kevlars sorted, I wonder how many have lost out on sponsorship as there's been no TV announcement ?

You really have to wonder how a sport can continuously shoot itself in the foot......... Then shoot itself in the other foot just to be sure?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

AGM should be held in the summer break, lets know what's going on early, so everyone can plan ahead.

No point waiting and arguing and then we're at season start

• Like 2

Just now, Jonny the spud said:

Great, 99% of riders have their covers and kevlars sorted, I wonder how many have lost out on sponsorship as there's been no TV announcement ?

You really have to wonder how a sport can continuously shoot itself in the foot......... Then shoot itself in the other foot just to be sure?

I wouldn't worry about them shooting themselves in the foot...

With British Speedway they would bring Stevie Wonder in as the hit man...:D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stevehone said:

AGM should be held in the summer break, lets know what's going on early, so everyone can plan ahead.

Well said.

The Poles waste no time in confirming thinks straight after the season.  Perfect time in the summer break to sort out an agenda and make plans for the following season. 

15 hours ago, stevehone said:

Don't they use that break already to bodge the rules back together that they have previously made a mess of at the last AGM, changing rules mid season, in preparation for the play offs and end of season run ins? ;)

16 hours ago, stevehone said:

Summer sport, summer break - problem number one!

• Like 3

Just in the interests of consumer bargaining power, within a five minute phone call BT offered me renewal at £49.99 (18 month contract), then £46.99 (12 month contract), then £41.99 (12 month with discount), for Infinity 2 fibre broadband (55-77mbs, though actually 34 closest to the router and 20 in the bedrooms) & entertainment plus TV (which includes the two Eurosport channels), HD and BT sports. Pretty happy with that compared to the £113 I paid to Sky/BT a couple of years ago.