British Speedway Forum
Mark

Bt Sport Coverage

8 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

But at least we get speedway on TV mate surely, got to be better than a slap round the face with a wet kipper.

Haven't seen any dates when it's starts yet ?

4 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

VERY few promoters attend Cardiff ... which says a lot really

Very few promoters have a rider in the GPs!!:D  and those that do probably can't afford the Cardiff prices?!;):P

4 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Very few promoters have a rider in the GPs!!:D  and those that do probably can't afford the Cardiff prices?!;):P

But then again , if a Promoter was doing his job trying to put their club in the shop window,  they should all be there.  

Even if it was only  to try and persuade some new exciting talent on board for the future.    Burying one's head and doing nothing is so easy  !!! :shock:

43 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Very few Premier League Football managers will attend the FA Cup final at Wembley. Coincidence is both meetings/matches are on the tele. 

4 hours ago, rebelwonderkid said:

So i'm taking it's:

3 Speedway of Nations matches,

11 Grand Prix meetings

5 Play- off meets (2nd leg same night)

8 premiership home meetings

6 extra meetings

There will be four World Pairs events, but surely only ten GPs?

43 minutes ago, Uluru said:

10 GPs if Australia don't run

1 hour ago, Uluru said:

Didn't realise the final was a two day event. So yeah 5 extra meetings, last year each Premiership team were on at least twice so may be the same again if at all possible. 

Its great to have British speedway back on BT,

i don,t know what topic i saw it on but i have just read this,

i will use it as i always try to watch the Swedish League

(No mention of the Polish League though)

YOU JUST MAKE YOURSELF A FREE ACCOUNT!!!

LINK BELOW

https://tvplayer.com/watch/freesports

8th March 2018    ADVERTISEMENT

TVPlayer are delighted to announce that FreeSports, the only dedicated free to air sports channel in the UK will be now available completely free to UK viewers on their streaming service.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Bluenose said:

Its great to have British speedway back on BT,

i don,t know what topic i saw it on but i have just read this,

i will use it as i always try to watch the Swedish League

(No mention of the Polish League though)

YOU JUST MAKE YOURSELF A FREE ACCOUNT!!!

LINK BELOW

https://tvplayer.com/watch/freesports

8th March 2018    ADVERTISEMENT

TVPlayer are delighted to announce that FreeSports, the only dedicated free to air sports channel in the UK will be now available completely free to UK viewers on their streaming service.

Isn't this Channel 95 on Freeview?

4 hours ago, g13webb said:

But then again , if a Promoter was doing his job trying to put their club in the shop window,  they should all be there.  

Even if it was only  to try and persuade some new exciting talent on board for the future.    Burying one's head and doing nothing is so easy  !!! :shock:

BUSTER Chapman has two boxes where he entertains all his sponsors. BSI always willing to do highly favourable deals but few take advantage.

6 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

BUSTER Chapman has two boxes where he entertains all his sponsors. BSI always willing to do highly favourable deals but few take advantage.

Hi,  I am aware of Buster going to the Cardiff GP's having seen and spoken to him on many occasions,  be it as Chairman of the BSPA or that of a Promoter.  

My comment was directed to those Promoters who don't bother...    Sometimes the racing is suspect, but its a weekend not to be missed by any speedway supporter.    The atmosphere in the street has to be seen to be believed....         And you don't get that on the television....

8 hours ago, martin_t said:

Isn't this Channel 95 on Freeview?

Yep - free channel available on everything bar Virgin (at the moment). 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

To be fair to the Promoters, not really sure of what benefits there are to any individual club getting their name out there at a Speedway GP in Cardiff...

The event by definition is attended by (in the main) Speedway fans only,  who no doubt can name every club in the land and what nights they race on...

Having any representation there by a club would simply be preaching to the converted..

The event itself is successful I would suggest due to many 'lapsed' Speedway fans attending and others like myself who miss plenty of domestic meetings due to their lack of credibility and use the money saved to enjoy a weekend at a 'proper' sporting event...

The vast majority of fans who attend Cardiff know what is served up at their local tracks each week...

Hence domestic Speedways attendances....;)

• Like 1