British Speedway Forum
Mark

Bt Sport Coverage

1 hour ago, Smithchops said:

Says who / where ?

Even without anyone saying it, you can work out that it has to be true.

The season is around 24 weeks long, then six playoff meetings.

BT will show 18 Speedway GB fixtures, that is announced by SGB.  Less the playoffs and British Final that leaves between 11 and 13 other meetings, depending on how they handle the semi-finals.

The season is over two months longer than the number of weekly meetings they could show.  This will take it into June before they can start, if their plan is to show a weekly meeting leading into the playoffs as they did last year.

I heard a meeting every 2 weeks live. 

Does that for into the 18 meetings???

Monday 9th April I was told as a starting date but did hear that many clubs wanted to run a couple of meetings at home before doing a tv meeting so that date may be a week or two later 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Smithchops said:

Says who / where ?

I corrected the post earlier that stated  the link from the bt press release went to the 2017 fixtures with a June start.

21 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Ignore the starting in June post. The bt link went to the 2017 press release!

We do anyway

23 hours ago, Woz01 said:

To be fair to the BSPA they've done well to get a deal to 2020. Now they need to get product spot on, big opportunity. 

You think anything will change I don't.

I pointed out that FreeSports is on TV PLAYER ,because some freeview boxes do not include it , like my box.!!!

Just though i would tell peeps without FreeSports how to get it.:D

Have HD freesports channel 95 so should be ok

Is it in HD? Channel 95 doesn’t look HD?

13 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Is it in HD? Channel 95 doesn’t look HD?

It is what Freeview call their HD system but I am also sure that ch 95 is not HD.

I think you will find that Freesport will be broadcasting on COM8 which is an HD mux even though Freesport is at the present time only broadcast in SD. Around May Freesports is scheduled to broadcast in HD. At the present time Freesport will only be available if your TV is capable of receiving an HD broadcast. If viewing via Sky it is ch 424.

Edited by mike1944

When is the football World Cup?

16 minutes ago, Hamish McRaker said:

When is the football World Cup?

June 14 to July 15.    

But BT Sport don't have UK rights to any of it, so they should be anxious to put alternative sports on during this period.

Premiership meetings from June onwards would make sense.       I expect, like last year there'll be ten domestic fixtures (every track once at home, once away) leading up to play-offs.     

In Australia, with soccer rights sold by FIFA to SBS and Optus, there's hope the UK meetings will be shown on Foxtel or one of the channels not showing football.    

12 hours ago, Stainlesssteelride said:

Correct, in 2 years time there will be another thread on here about how they wasted another 2 years on tv.

Yep it will be a case of oh we got the TV contract till 2020 so lets carry on as we were.