British Speedway Forum
Mark

Bt Sport Coverage

NINETY-nine per cent likely that there will be no TV money. The best the BSPA can hope for is that BT pay the production costs.

With at least two clubs signing up riders for next year or buying "assets" recently, Poole and Swindon, something must be sorted out.

Clubs who sign riders before the rules and the financial position is certain know there is an element of risk but are obviously prepared to take that risk in the hope of being a step ahead of the game.

Edited by Aces51
  • Like 1

Clubs who sign riders before the rules and the financial position is certain know there is an element of risk but are obviously prepared to take that risk in the hope of being a step ahead of the game.

These clubs dictate the rules though.

Not another thread ruined by the same people. What the hell is the matter with you lot.

Sad lot! Now back to the sensible discussion!

Here we go again.

It amazes me that when someone posts an opinion (on a forum, go figure) instead of challenging that opinion with your own thoughts and dare I suggest a few facts, you just throw insults with no reference made to the original point.

Calling someone boring, a troll, a child or sad just takes up bandwidth as does saying they post garbage, break forum rules or with one contributor just laughs at them, in writing!

Britpete had the best response when he simply expressed his opinion that he likes the Wolves track, without any abuse tacked on.

I've taken the option to "view it anyway" to help put this post together as it is almost always the same culprits. Please have a thought for other users and let's keep topics on track.

It's odd that BT should only be showing one meeting as everything will be set up so the expense of showing the second meeting is minimal. They still have the programme finishing at 11 so are they going to put on a filler instead of live sport after the first meeting?

Here we go again.

It amazes me that when someone posts an opinion (on a forum, go figure) instead of challenging that opinion with your own thoughts and dare I suggest a few facts, you just throw insults with no reference made to the original point.

Calling someone boring, a troll, a child or sad just takes up bandwidth as does saying they post garbage, break forum rules or with one contributor just laughs at them, in writing!

Britpete had the best response when he simply expressed his opinion that he likes the Wolves track, without any abuse tacked on.

I've taken the option to "view it anyway" to help put this post together as it is almost always the same culprits. Please have a thought for other users and let's keep topics on track.

It's odd that BT should only be showing one meeting as everything will be set up so the expense of showing the second meeting is minimal. They still have the programme finishing at 11 so are they going to put on a filler instead of live sport after the first meeting?

As they are at the track BT could even film it and show it on a later date if they feel the meeting would be too long.

As they are at the track BT could even film it and show it on a later date if they feel the meeting would be too long.

TECHNICIANS, etc would require overtime payments, late de-rigging and so on.

TECHNICIANS, etc would require overtime payments, late de-rigging and so on.

shame really they are actually a sports channel seemingly on the cheap ?

The biggest cost of broadcasting the second match from Wolverhampton would be the Satellite uplink capacity which would likely cost around another £3-5000 the staffing costs would not really change that much as they are paid a daily rate

So have BT confirmed what they are showing on Monday at Wolves. My on-screen programme schedule still shows 1930 to 22.30 with only a half hour cancelable repeated footie programme following in case of speedway running over presumably?!

From BT's perspective (aside from any cost implications), it makes sense to show the first meeting featuring 2 of the play-off teams. As for the 2nd meeting, I'm not sure?

So have BT confirmed what they are showing on Monday at Wolves. My on-screen programme schedule still shows 1930 to 22.30 with only a half hour cancelable repeated footie programme following in case of speedway running over presumably?!

From BT's perspective (aside from any cost implications), it makes sense to show the first meeting featuring 2 of the play-off teams. As for the 2nd meeting, I'm not sure?

CONFIRMED on here numerous times ... just the first match.

CONFIRMED on here numerous times ... just the first match.

Aah thanks. I obviously didn't trawl back far enough through all the carp posts and insults.

• Like 1