Jump to content
British Speedway Forum
Mark

Bt Sport Coverage

Recommended Posts

Anyone who wants access to BT Sports plus lots more for £45 a year drop me a personal message.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/17/2018 at 1:14 PM, ray c said:

Why watch then nothing wrong Nigel and Kelvin !!!

Agree, there's nothing wrong with them....if you want your commentators to shout all night like a fan pulled from the crowd and asked to commentate would do, and also make monkey noises rather than actually commentating on whats happening, when two riders actually get close to each other!!...

Kelvin isn't too bad I suppose and has a good knowledge but i.m.o. Pearson is an embarrassment to the professional commentator profession and an insult to the memory of the great Dave Lanning, who really DID know how to commentate, generate excitement WHEN APPROPRIATE and still manage to not sound like a demented baboon whilst doing so!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, ytsejam said:

Agree, there's nothing wrong with them....if you want your commentators to shout all night like a fan pulled from the crowd and asked to commentate would do, and also make monkey noises rather than actually commentating on whats happening, when two riders actually get close to each other!!...

Kelvin isn't too bad I suppose and has a good knowledge but i.m.o. Pearson is an embarrassment to the professional commentator profession and an insult to the memory of the great Dave Lanning, who really DID know how to commentate, generate excitement WHEN APPROPRIATE and still manage to not sound like a demented baboon whilst doing so!

THINK you are on a different planet to most of us ... planet of the apes by the sound of it. 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, ytsejam said:

Agree, there's nothing wrong with them....if you want your commentators to shout all night like a fan pulled from the crowd and asked to commentate would do, and also make monkey noises rather than actually commentating on whats happening, when two riders actually get close to each other!!...

Kelvin isn't too bad I suppose and has a good knowledge but i.m.o. Pearson is an embarrassment to the professional commentator profession and an insult to the memory of the great Dave Lanning, who really DID know how to commentate, generate excitement WHEN APPROPRIATE and still manage to not sound like a demented baboon whilst doing so!

i think you should give it a miss :wub:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

THINK you are on a different planet to most of us ... planet of the apes by the sound of it. 

I know that in your eyes EVERYTHING connected to speedway is always perfect, but put your tongue away please just for ONCE and actually LISTEN to his commentary next time two riders pass each other on the final lap of a GP race for example.....it will be screams and noises, NO WORDS. Now go and compare that to how a proper professional commentator i.e. Lanning, used to do it. 

Then come back with your stupid comments if you still think Pearson doesnt sound like a monkey in comparison!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nothing wrong with Pearson and Tatum on TV. Much prefer there exuberance.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ytsejam said:

I know that in your eyes EVERYTHING connected to speedway is always perfect, but put your tongue away please just for ONCE and actually LISTEN to his commentary next time two riders pass each other on the final lap of a GP race for example.....it will be screams and noises, NO WORDS. Now go and compare that to how a proper professional commentator i.e. Lanning, used to do it. 

Then come back with your stupid comments if you still think Pearson doesnt sound like a monkey in comparison!

Just think you could be listening to ermolenko then you have something to moan about !!!

  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, ytsejam said:

I know that in your eyes EVERYTHING connected to speedway is always perfect, but put your tongue away please just for ONCE and actually LISTEN to his commentary next time two riders pass each other on the final lap of a GP race for example.....it will be screams and noises, NO WORDS. Now go and compare that to how a proper professional commentator i.e. Lanning, used to do it. 

Then come back with your stupid comments if you still think Pearson doesnt sound like a monkey in comparison!

Change the record,if you don't like the commentating, turn the sound off. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, stevebrum said:

Nothing wrong with Pearson and Tatum on TV. Much prefer there exuberance.

Completely agree i never understand why all the hate for them and Pearson in particular who does a lot to try and  promote the sport.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If anyone had the misfortune of watching the boat race yesterday will know what crap commentary is.

Nigel Pearson certainly a lot better.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

agree nigel is 100% committed in what he does . doing simon steads meeting on the center green today as well

Edited by ray c

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, sugarray said:

If anyone had the misfortune of watching the boat race yesterday will know what crap commentary is.

Nigel Pearson certainly a lot better.

Very poor commentary on Boat Race and agree 'Scoop' is much better.

I have been told by those associated with Sky that the commentary has to be what they term "high energy" and if the voices of the commentators begins to lessen, the producer literally has a word in their ear to up the decibels and excitement.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Here we go again. New 'name'. same old tired, obsessive argument....

The late Dave Lanning once commented on his lively style that he would get messages in his earpiece from his director "Rave Dave, RAVE!".

There seems to be an attitude amongst motor sport producers and directors that the commentators have to snarl like the engines and be extremely over the top, in the style of Murray Walker.

If people think that commentators have a free choice then they are deluded. 

Nigel Pearson has worked extensively for both Sky and Talksport which are associated and both look for the controversial and sensational in the same way a 'red top' tabloid newspaper would. There's a market for it and while it may irritate those who know something about the subject the commentary team is normally focussing on the casual viewer who in a TV broadcast are probably in the majority. Nigel often says "It's all about opinions". Well, I wouldn't agree but then I favour a different form of journalism. It doesn't make him wrong and me right. It's just that different people have different needs.

I was rightly criticised for my commentaries that they weren't lively enough, but then I made the mistake of pitching what I said to those who loved and understood the sport instead of simply trying to sensationalise, which to be honest is what most sports commentary tends to be these days outside the BBC. It didn't help in my case that I never got to see or hear my own work. I couldn't receive the channel and everyone was far too busy to let me have copies. Now I realise how I could and should have changed.

Returning to the present, the stupid trend to make everything totally black or totally white shows up in the backward majesty's inane claim that Pearson and Tatum just gibber and shout incoherently and is disturbingly familiar and echos the same endless repetition by contributors who seemed to disappear just before another new name took up the 'divine cause'. It's ironic that they all claim that the commentators blabber on incoherently. I'd suggest they look in the mirror. I suspect also it will be one face and one mirror.

Endless repetition of attempts to bludgeon their twisted views into others do little for their argument and cause you to be concerned about their mental health. 

Pearson and Tatum get it wrong sometimes, as did Dave Lanning, as did anyone who dared to try to commentate on speedway. Humans make mistakes. The trick is not to make it your life's cause to keep on repeating it in the stupid hope that others will be browbeaten into joining the divine cause and the loony's tantrum eventually gets his childish way.

It's not going to happen. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by RobMcCaffery
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Richard Weston said:

Very poor commentary on Boat Race and agree 'Scoop' is much better.

I have been told by those associated with Sky that the commentary has to be what they term "high energy" and if the voices of the commentators begins to lessen, the producer literally has a word in their ear to up the decibels and excitement.

Precisely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy