British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

Teterow Germany Gp Saturday 9th September

I found it interesting that watching on Saturday - the gate 4 riders pulled back for a false start obviously were looking intently at the release mechanism - and i believe saw the release and moved - however because they were so close and saw it first they were ahead of the others in the ref`s mind. Have a look at the video to see if i`m correct .

This!

It's happening more and more, you'll notice there is always a slight lag in the middle of the tapes as well, only slight, but it makes all the difference when someone makes a perfect start. I genuinely think those with the fastest reactions are getting punished at the moment.

• Like 2

FOR the record I'm not a fan of having a SGP in Teterow even after being there in dry, hot, sunny weather last year ... the complete opposite of this year. Conditions there over the weekend were, I'm told, appalling for everyone. Just walking around was tough and unpleasant, let alone riding.

KT and NP had all sorts of technical issues in the commentary box, including frequent loss of power, sound systems not working, etc. And from their position they were unable to see gate 4 at the start of each race. The problem with the cameraman prior to the start of Heat 1 was that the referee couldn't see him and the gate where he intended leaving the track was closed!

However, the track though wet, heavy and difficult certainly wasn't dangerous. And it suited certain engines and not others, which is probably why Zagar on a PJR was so successful and others were not. The big disappointment as far as the championship race is concerned is that Janowski, who either blows hot or cold and not much in-between, lost ground and Woffinden, for all his pre-meeting confidence, struggled.

It wasn't much fun for riders, mechanics, etc coping with the wet conditions, not just on the track, but some like Doyle just get on with it.

We have to remember that most German speedway and grass/longtrack events take place in similar facilities., complete with beer tents, sausages and the like. And the attendance? It was just over 12,500 which ranks pretty high in the general scheme of things.

Edited by PHILIPRISING
  • Like 1

Doyle got to anticipate the start but Janowski got excluded .Not consistent.

Janowski excluded for doing it a 2nd time

This!

It's happening more and more, you'll notice there is always a slight lag in the middle of the tapes as well, only slight, but it makes all the difference when someone makes a perfect start. I genuinely think those with the fastest reactions are getting punished at the moment.

Transponders? Are these too expensive to implement?

Janowski excluded for doing it a 2nd time

Doyle in the semi, the race did not get pulled back though or it would have been a 2nd time for him.like I say not consistent.
  • Like 1

WASN'T at KL or Teterow but can we compare the condition of the two tracks? The track at Teterow didn't appear dangerous although it was far from perfect and not conducive to decent racing until the final stages.

As I said, wasn't at KL but have had some interesting confidential conversations with people ho believe that all the facts of that fateful night at KL have yet to emerge. They might if Holder goes ahead with an appeal.

There is always that Masonic side to how speedway is run - regarding BV last year and who was at fault there and now it's some hushed up reasons why the rider revolt at the KL V Poole happened as it did. Why not have it all out in the open? Hmmm.

There is always that Masonic side to how speedway is run - regarding BV last year and who was at fault there and now it's some hushed up reasons why the rider revolt at the KL V Poole happened as it did. Why not have it all out in the open? Hmmm.

AS I said, if it goes to appeal that may happen.

This!

Theyve broke James Sarjeant because of this. Off 1 and 4 he's lightening but never touches the tapes. Where I will admit he has issues is off 2 and 3 where he either misses or by a mile or jumps through the takes where I assume he sees the ridernofg 1 or 4 twitch so he goes.

Transponders? Are these too expensive to implement?

£100 for an off the shelf transponder. It's peanuts. We're told it's a pro-sport so where's the issue?

Riders watch the magnets not the tapes and the ref presses the button to release , so when they misjudge a start as he did with Woffinden ,it's piss poor hand eye co-ordination on their part ,

Just wondering what is it with the trophies given at this gp. Its the third time these awful things have been handed out this year. They look like a cheap batch job from Argos! Any ideas from anybody on this?

• Like 1

Just wondering what is it with the trophies given at this gp. Its the third time these awful things have been handed out this year. They look like a cheap batch job from Argos! Any ideas from anybody on this?

cutting costs maybe . or put another way maximising profit

More like Poundland.

Trust me, riders do not care about trophies. Wining a GP has a massive effect on your chance of making next year's series, either through the points you've scored or increasing your chance of a wild card. In addition there's the sponsorship opportunities. And there's your place in history. When there have been 8 different winners in 9 rounds, it no small thing to win a round.

Trophies just gather dust.

More like Poundland.

Gospeed have been given the budget for the trophies , after "expenses " were taken out ,this is the best they could afford