British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Boothers

Guests & R/r

One of the main things that has caused my apathy with speedway is the doubling up/down and to many guests I just couldn't be bothered to go to meetings when you didn't know who was riding and I think the straw that broke the camels back was I think it was Sheffield in 2016 (might be wrong) who turned up with 5 guests and I had to explain why to my 9 year old and I though this is stupid and killing the sport

In my opinion this is the most important promoters conference ever and the need to put the interest of speedway before the individual is paramount will it get put right .......probably not......I doubt very much if I'll be back until it does........wont hold my breath

Also teams had no choice after the cut off.

Couldnt sign a replacement even for long term injuries.

I haven't broken my figures down but for all official fixtures across all three leagues I made it:

489 matches of which 70 saw both teams tracking full declared 1-7's.

789 guests and 368 uses of r/r.

I haven't broken my figures down but for all official fixtures across all three leagues I made it:

489 matches of which 70 saw both teams tracking full declared 1-7's.

789 guests and 368 uses of r/r.

these figures are appalling.something has to be done and fast!!

these figures are appalling.something has to be done and fast!!

From his hint a few weeks ago The Chairman was eager for there to be plenty more guests - whenever they are needed or seen as necessary. Let's hope that famed majority , actually controlling things ensure that that will be firmly knocked on the head buy saner views! Or will Buster get his way and end up with a casting vote on the issue of guests?

Maybe a limited time for exchanging a rider who´s injured may help in this case...

Firstly the transfer deadline should be deleted. I think it didn´t work last season and was more a shot in the knee of some teams !!!

There should come a three steps acting coming in to place for replacing an injured rider:

1. The injured one should be replaced by a temporary or full included rider within 7 days after the injury is declared

2. Matches between day 1 and day 7 after the injury is declared have to be covered by guest riders not attached to any other club of the certain league

• means a Championship Club can only use a guest from the Premiership who´s not declared in any Championsship Team
  • and the other way around

3. if point 2. isn´t possible cause of unavailability of coverages a Number 8 (British Rider on National League Level) should be named at the start of the season and come into place

• Number 8 then starts at reserve, whereas the better of the two original reserves have to be put in the main team

The same way should be followed if a second rider gets injured at the same time. With the only exception that the second Guest can be attached to another Championshipteam if point 2. isn´t possible...

R/R should only be allowed if through unforseeable circumstances three riders are injured at the same time...

What do you think ?

were never gonna run a squd system in uk there just isnt the money to keep riders on the books and not give them rides

maybe the guest system needs a re look instead of matching averages then slightly reduce the average for a incoming guest and only allow a guest for the same rider for a set amount of time so if a rider is out longer than a few meetings its in the clubs interests to sign a rider to replace the injured rider

Each club should have their exclusive seven-man team for the season. Doubling-up riders should only be allowed as an additional squad for the teams.

Each Premiership club should have a 1-7 of their own riders, plus a squad of three or four double-ups from the lower league to call on in case of injuries or absentees of their regular riders. Likewise in the Championship, with the douple-up squad riders being drafted from the NL.

Double-up riders should largely be used instead of guest riders. A guest should only be allowed in case of covering for an absent heat leader. Second strings and reserves should always have to be replaced with a rider from the club's squad of lower league double-ups.

Each club should have their exclusive seven-man team for the season. Doubling-up riders should only be allowed as an additional squad for the teams.

Each Premiership club should have a 1-7 of their own riders, plus a squad of three or four double-ups from the lower league to call on in case of injuries or absentees of their regular riders. Likewise in the Championship, with the douple-up squad riders being drafted from the NL.

Double-up riders should largely be used instead of guest riders. A guest should only be allowed in case of covering for an absent heat leader. Second strings and reserves should always have to be replaced with a rider from the club's squad of lower league double-ups.

Much easier to just STOP all guests & double ups , there is a post on here for modifying th Rr that is sensible.

I am afraid that if the guests remain I will walk away

• Like 1

To further add to Boothers great stats, I make it that 20% of riders in the Championship in 2017 were guests!

To keep a teams identity of their own riders then rather than guests, if a rider is missing, r/r & a no8 are to be utilised where riders of averages 1 above & any below can be used for r/r & the no8 can be used to replace a reserve.