British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Paulco

Glasgow V Edinburgh Cl Sat 12th Aug 2017@7pm

Thanks for that, he likes riding for his home team

I am sure he does certainly helped move Sheffield to title favourites.

I have a feeling you may see more of him next season.

Good start to the days sport for the Low-bees.

Maybe minor miracles can happen at the Stade de la weegie....

I will be at both hopefully a good day in the pipeline, demolish popcorn teeth and his spoon burners in the afternoon then a slightly easier task in the evening.

There will be a few glasses of champers raised in celebration in the posh restaurants of Leith tonight, while the domestic abuse rates will triple in parts of Glasgow tonight, as is the norm when the old firm unexpectedly lose.

Long delay killed the pre match atmosphere. Glasgow still not firing as well as they could. Bewley takes several heats to warm up and Perry was beaten by Davey who worked out pretty quickly he cant do the inside. On the plus side Lunna was on it.

For EDI Pickering was superb for a reserve and Riss was good when he gated. Clegg still astounds me with a 4.71 average, disappointing that a Perry EF gifted him a point he was never going to earn. Next time we meet im pretty certain he and Pickering will have swapped places. Not sure Edinburgh knew there was a meeting on tonight, was oh so quiet on the fourth bend enclosure other than a wee squeak after ht12. Onward.

Long delay killed the pre match atmosphere. Glasgow still not firing as well as they could. Bewley takes several heats to warm up and Perry was beaten by Davey who worked out pretty quickly he cant do the inside. On the plus side Lunna was on it.

For EDI Pickering was superb for a reserve and Riss was good when he gated. Clegg still astounds me with a 4.71 average, disappointing that a Perry EF gifted him a point he was never going to earn. Next time we meet im pretty certain he and Pickering will have swapped places. Not sure Edinburgh knew there was a meeting on tonight, was oh so quiet on the fourth bend enclosure other than a wee squeak after ht12. Onward.

Nah they where at Ibrokes today :rofl::drink:

Nah they where at Ibrokes today :rofl::drink:

Spoon burners only do one sporting event a day.

Suppose it wasn't giro week right enough and a Leith postcode rules out a crisis loan.

Unbelievable performance from the weej...

... all that money and they cannae afford extra medical cover.

Unbelievable performance from the weej...

... all that money and they cannae afford extra medical cover.

Don't normally need it as we don't ride on a goat track every week like you guys!

• Like 1

Wonder how many won't bother coming back after seeing no racing for a month or so and then and then nothing for an hour and a half after seeing just 1 race?

Even us paupers have double paramedic cover.

• Like 1

Something has to be done. There must be some low cost contingency plan, because that was an HOUR AND A HALF delay for one injured rider. Smith is OK apparently so delighted with that which is the main thing, but any newcomers would be put off.

EDITED To add I actually agree with Scotsman above, a terrible advert for Speedway.

Edited by vtm

Something has to be done. There must be some low cost contingency plan, because that was an HOUR AND A HALF delay for one injured rider. Smith is OK apparently so delighted with that which is the main thing, but any newcomers would be put off.

EDITED To add I actually agree with Scotsman above, a terrible advert for Speedway.

But when was the last time that something like that happened? I'm pretty sure if it was a regular occurrence something would be done about it.

It wasn't just one issue, the fact there were no NHS ambulances available contributed to the issue.

I didn't particularly enjoy the waiting around but understand that these things happen from time to time.

But when was the last time that something like that happened? I'm pretty sure if it was a regular occurrence something would be done about it.

It wasn't just one issue, the fact there were no NHS ambulances available contributed to the issue.

I didn't particularly enjoy the waiting around but understand that these things happen from time to time.

Somerset 2 seasons ago. I'm still going to go, so that's not my gripe. My point is that for any sporting event, that kind of delay is pretty catastrophic. It's a dreadful advert for the sport when there are other alternatives available. I can guarantee if it was my first night at speedway I'd be reluctant to go back.

Somerset 2 seasons ago. I'm still going to go, so that's not my gripe. My point is that for any sporting event, that kind of delay is pretty catastrophic. It's a dreadful advert for the sport when there are other alternatives available. I can guarantee if it was my first night at speedway I'd be reluctant to go back.

I agree it was a long drawn out issue but surely people understand it's very rare this happens. It's also easy to forget the time and money that's been invested into things like the foam fence. These are things the club have improved to speed the pace of meetings up, it's just unfortunate when you have something as severe as tonight that it holds things up.

If it was your business, would you pay the considerable additional £ every week to prevent something that on average happens once every 2-3 seasons?

No, I understand the money and agree, but I'd look at all the contingencies and see if there was anything I could do to ensure what happened tonight didn't happen again.

Wonder how many won't bother coming back after seeing no racing for a month or so and then and then nothing for an hour and a half after seeing just 1 race?

Even us paupers have double paramedic cover.

Two paramedics would have been irrelevant as he was strapped to a spinal board in the back of the only ambulance. A second ambulance AND paramedic, yes, that would have allowed the meeting to continue. This is the only part Glasgow are in control of. Accidents at speedway and a lack of 999 ambulances are not. However as pointed out tonight the two other delayed meetings this season have been when JS crashed out.

A wider issue IMO is that too many riders in the No7 race jacket are riding in a league they arent remotely ready for and incidents like this are a consequence of that. A more experienced rider would have dealt with this or worst case made a controlled get off without injury. Howe er I agree a poor experience for newbies even if some of the later heats were good.