British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Paulco

Glasgow V Edinburgh Cl Sat 12th Aug 2017@7pm

Two paramedics would have been irrelevant as he was strapped to a spinal board in the back of the only ambulance. A second ambulance AND paramedic, yes, that would have allowed the meeting to continue. This is the only part Glasgow are in control of. Accidents at speedway and a lack of 999 ambulances are not. However as pointed out tonight the two other delayed meetings this season have been when JS crashed out.

A wider issue IMO is that too many riders in the No7 race jacket are riding in a league they arent remotely ready for and incidents like this are a consequence of that. A more experienced rider would have dealt with this or worst case made a controlled get off without injury. Howe er I agree a poor experience for newbies even if some of the later heats were good.

From where I was watching I thought pickering accidentally took out jack and so there was nothing he could do

• Like 2

From where I was watching I thought pickering accidentally took out jack and so there was nothing he could do

Totally agree SharpenRake the lad lifted in bend 2 and young Jack had nowhere to go, Total accident Imo ;o(

Totally agree SharpenRake the lad lifted in bend 2 and young Jack had nowhere to go, Total accident Imo ;o(

I agree with that as well. Jack had nowhere to go.

Lack of NHS/ambulance cover on a Saturday night in Glasgow is always going to be an issue due to resources, or lack of them

Lack of NHS/ambulance cover on a Saturday night in Glasgow is always going to be an issue due to resources, or lack of them

A factor of the switch to Saturday nights which has to be considered.

The same problem became obvious at Berwick over recent years as reduced NHS funding restricted availability of county ambulances more and more and several long delays were experienced.

Berwick have now, for the past two or three seasons had two ambulances and two paramedics on hand at every meeting, and the delays have evaporated.

Yes, there is a cost -- and Berwick are by no means a wealthy club -- but the investment in medical cover has proved its worth time and again in the recent past, including last night when JPB suffered neck injuries and had to be constantly attended until a county vehicle arrived to transport him to hospital for further checks (he is hopefully going to be OK) yet the meeting could go on to a thrilling finish.

• Like 1

Could you explain the 2 ambulances at Berwick,not sure I get what you mean there have been delays at Berwick while attending to riders which is understandable but why do we wait for County Ambulance for transfer sometimes.Delays at Berwick seem no different to other tracks I have attended when there is a bad crash.

• Like 1

Could you explain the 2 ambulances at Berwick,not sure I get what you mean there have been delays at Berwick while attending to riders which is understandable but why do we wait for County Ambulance for transfer sometimes.Delays at Berwick seem no different to other tracks I have attended when there is a bad crash.

Think they might have 2 paramedics instead of 1 as one would stay in the ambulance to monitor the rider while the rest of the first aiders inc the other paramedic are back on the track pretty sure it was the same at Armadale a few weeks back when Sam masters crashed and the meeting carried on with him in the ambulance

Perhaps the policy should be that where an ambulance is required, rather than wait for an NHS one, it is the trackside ambulance which makes the journey. The Royal Infirmary is only 2 miles away, would remove much of the waiting for fans and not prolong the discomfort of the injured rider.

• Like 2

The injured rider is always the priority , whilst nobody is happy with the wait last night I am sure 99% were fully understanding of the situation.

Getting NHS cover in Possil on a Saturday night was never going to be plain sailing, and I don't even know if this was a consideration when changing race day.

But it is what it is this happens in speedway but thankfully not very often just glad to hear Jack is ok.

That was my view ( from the Charlie Monk stand ) as well . Jack went for his usual outside blast round the second bend and Pickering moved out slightly and there was a bit of contact , but just a racing incident .

After we all finished losing the will to live , the racing was pretty average . The Tigers were never under any real pressure , three heat leaders superb as usual and well backed up by Nike especially . Dan had an average night by his standards and Tom had a busy night trying to coax a sick looking bike round for 7 races .

For them , Wells was good , Riss started well before fading , Lindgren was never going to adequately replace Masters and scored roughly what we expected him to score , Pickering has improved a lot , Davey was pretty much as expected and Clegg was rubbish .

Got really chilly once the sun went down , Autumn is fast approaching .