British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
g13webb

Belle Vue V Kings Lynn Stars 11-08-2017

Jorgensen's going ok, he'd be better from 15mtrs than Auty from tapes against Bjerre and Cook

Possibly but the Lynn team that everyone said was sub standard after the changes is doing a damn sight better away than Poole did at home last night. I'm satisfied with that :P

• Like 4

Possibly but the Lynn team that everyone said was sub standard after the changes is doing a damn sight better away than Poole did at home last night. I'm satisfied with that :P

Agreed, definitely doing better than I expected

• Like 1

Well I'm gobsmacked.

Well done all the riders who got on with it tonight in rather wet conditions :approve:

And bloody well done to the sub standard Lynn Stars who got a point.....wonder who put any money on that :P

EDITED to add that the sub standard description is not mine but a label given to them by some others

Edited by Star Lady
  • Like 4

Well I'm gobsmacked.

Well done all the riders who got on with it tonight in rather wet conditions :approve:

And bloody well done to the sub standard Lynn Stars who got a point.....wonder who put any money on that :P

I had a little on Lynn win +10.

Well done to the Stars on the point.

​Well done to all 13 riders that battled hard in the tricky conditions :t:

• Like 1

Well I'm gobsmacked.

EDITED to add that the sub standard description is not mine but a label given to them by some others

Just goes to show what can happen when a team has riders prepared to give it a go.

Whilst there has been some criticism of the quality of the replacements for the two prima donna's , commitment is a leveller. :lol:

• Like 4

Amazingly if the Stars had got a 5-1 in the last race, they would have won this meeting! Well done to all the riders who gave it a go in what I understand to be tricky conditions. As DJ said, commitment is a leveller. Pleased that Porsing had a much better meeting, after coming back from injury. Not a win, but a well earned point.

Edited by Superstars
  • Like 1

Just back from Belle Vue, massive respect to all 13 riders for putting on a show in really difficult conditions. Even more so after the last downpour which made the final 4 heats incredibly tough - visibility must have been next to nil!

Congrats to the Aces on the win, but Kings Lynn fans should be proud of their team tonight, bags of guts & effort,thought they were terrific.

• Like 7

Great respect to both teams.

Some very, very good racing in really difficult conditions.

A deserved win for bv and deserved point for Lynn.

• Like 1

Just back from Belle Vue, massive respect to all 13 riders for putting on a show in really difficult conditions. Even more so after the last downpour which made the final 4 heats incredibly tough - visibility must have been next to nil!

Congrats to the Aces on the win, but Kings Lynn fans should be proud of their team tonight, bags of guts & effort,thought they were terrific.

I am sure that there are some riders who would have refused to ride in those conditions tonight ;)

Hats off and massive respect to all 13 riders unbelievably tough conditions especially after heat 10 when rain fell heavily and diddnt stop,

I thought that would be it at heat 10 but they came out and put on a show in horrible conditions. Racing full pelt passing and re passing. Brillisnt effort.

Lynn deserved there point. A very proud speedway fan tonight after watching that.

Edited by Phil The Ace
  • Like 5

At the track. Its pretty wet but the rain has stopped. Can't see a postponement if there is no more. I think this will be tighter than some might suggest.

Not often I get it right.

The Aces are weakened considerably without Fricke and especially Tungate. No rider on his average is a replacement for just how good he can be at NSS. Having said that, take nothing away from the Stars. This was a performance full of fight and determination.

I am sure that there are some riders who would have refused to ride in those conditions tonight ;)

​I can think of one or two. They have simply been shown up to be what they are by other riders.

Remarkably, the racing improved after the rain - albeit the light, misty kind - came down after heat 10 as it had been a bit gate and go before that (to be fair, the track was very wet). Dan showed a bit of inexperience in heat 14 by going so wide he ended up in the quagmire near the fence and went from first to last but otherwise another good performance. Bjerre was imperious again and a word for Jack Smith - a real battling effort. Cookie, sadly, still looks out of sorts.

As everyone has said though, big thanks to the riders for carrying on in difficult conditions without a complaint :approve:

• Like 2

Hats off and massive respect to all 13 riders unbelievably tough conditions especially after heat 10 when rain fell heavily and diddnt stop,

I thought that would be it at heat 10 but they came out and put on a show in horrible conditions. Racing full pelt passing and re passing. Brillisnt effort.

Lynn deserved there point. A very proud speedway fan tonight after watching that.

Thank you. I am too. So pleased the stars are giving it a go.

A shout out for the track as well. I'm not being biased, but there isn't another circuit in the UK that would take that amount of rain, for 2 hours previous and during after 10, and still be able to cope. And not only cope, but produce that quality of racing.

It's a diamond. A shining light in what is a pretty poor moment for the sport.

Not often I get it right.

The Aces are weakened considerably without Fricke and especially Tungate. No rider on his average is a replacement for just how good he can be at NSS. Having said that, take nothing away from the Stars. This was a performance full of fight and determination.

​I can think of one or two. They have simply been shown up to be what they are by other riders.

Remarkably, the racing improved after the rain - albeit the light, misty kind - came down after heat 10 as it had been a bit gate and go before that (to be fair, the track was very wet). Dan showed a bit of inexperience in heat 14 by going so wide he ended up in the quagmire near the fence and went from first to last but otherwise another good performance. Bjerre was imperious again and a word for Jack Smith - a real battling effort. Cookie, sadly, still looks out of sorts.

As everyone has said though, big thanks to the riders for carrying on in difficult conditions without a complaint :approve:

It was a bit gate and go before heat 10, but there was some good, close racing still

Great credit to the riders, they deserve a lot of respect for their attitude. Like I said though, that track gives you confidence that even when raining it's still raceable

Edited by acef
  • Like 2

You're right there are, though certainly not any of your 1-7 tonight, all got stuck in.

As Phil has touched on, both sides weren't just trying to survive 4 laps, they were racing full tilt throwing the bikes into what in the last 3 or 4 races was wet slop.

Was spectacular to watch, as Steve Worrall summed up at press conference tonight was a compliment to the track size & shape -

he went as far as to say he enjoyed it. Jonasson was quite complimentary when interviewed too.

Whatever those lads were paid tonight, they deserve every penny, brilliant stuff!

Edit: Completely agree Halifax Tiger about Cookie, decent score tonight but as someone watching him regular like you do, it's clear he's miles off his best. Whether issues are mechanical or otherwise, just hope he finds the real form again. Usually comes alive towards end of season - same again please!

Edited by mikec
  • Like 2