British Speedway Forum
dantodan

The Defunct Speedway Website

Most of you will be aware of the Defunct Speedway website which is now 12 years old. My website is non profit making, I do it because I am a fan of speedway

I am constantly adding items to the website which contains an A-Z of most defunct tracks. If you have any photos or memories of our defunct speedways perhaps you can send them to me for inclusion on the website. Or maybe you have interesting items not from a defunct track. If you have anything at all please get in touch. If your items are good I can add them to the websites Miscellaneous pages.

• Like 5

Hi John, just a quick note to let you know how greatly I appreciate the work you do-I often find myself referring to your great website-and I am sure other forumlanders feel the same way.

• Like 2

Absolutely BOBBATH. The Defunct Speedway website, Speedway Researcher and the Speedway A-Z site are always the first three to go to for reliable research and information. And just for an enjoyable browse when not looking for anything in particular.

• Like 1

Thank you guys, the website thrives when browsers dig out the "business" and send me pics etc to add to the website. If "you" have enjoyable browsing, well so do I, the site is big enough to wander about. Just lately added pages for Newton Heath and Melton Mowbray. It is amazing how many venues started and closed in the same year.

As a Newcastle fan I pray I will never have to create a Newcastle page in my Defunct A-Z but who knows when a track will fold

• Like 1

Hopefully in the not to distant future you'll have to amend your Cradley entry to "Cradley Heath (Dudley Wood)! Love the site though.

Thank you guys, the website thrives when browsers dig out the "business" and send me pics etc to add to the website. If "you" have enjoyable browsing, well so do I, the site is big enough to wander about. Just lately added pages for Newton Heath and Melton Mowbray. It is amazing how many venues started and closed in the same year.

As a Newcastle fan I pray I will never have to create a Newcastle page in my Defunct A-Z but who knows when a track will fold

Hi, just got my hands on the last ever programme at Norwich, if you would like me to scan it & send it, you are most welcome

Hopefully in the not to distant future you'll have to amend your Cradley entry to "Cradley Heath (Dudley Wood)! Love the site though.

Hi Salty, I have amended the A-Z Cradley entry to Cradley Heath Dudley Wood

Hi, just got my hands on the last ever programme at Norwich, if you would like me to scan it & send it, you are most welcome

Hi Sommelier, yes please scan the prog and email it to me, my email address is on the website

I really like that website, and often browse through it to pass a bit of time.

Would love to see location maps added as I often find myself trying to work out where stadiums were.