British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Navigator1900

Lindgren Switch From Gtr Back To Gm !

Did he blow a bike up at Cardiff? Can he not get any of his other GTRs to work as well as that one? Did he have a "more equal" engine and now it's gone he's less equal?

For me this engine had a flaw from the start and it was created by gerhard himself , to make the engine double overhead cam instead of single , I think it was 1980 when the last dohc engine was successful (DT500)and even then everyone else was on single cam engines , Dohc are notoriously hard to set up on speedway so why did gerhard go down this route , I believe if the GTR were a single cam it may of been the saviour it was designed to be

Edited by THE DEAN MACHINE

hi Dean why do you find it hard to set up Dohc cams. Do you not use a timing disc to set all cam types and igniton timings. If the engines are made corectly with provision for adjusting opening and closing timings and overlap of inlet & exhaust valve in degrees plus ignition advance then it should be straight forward

Edited by fredbogge
  • Like 1

hi Dean why do you find it hard to set up Dohc cams. Do you not use a timing disc to set all cam types and igniton timings. If the engines are made corectly with provision for adjusting opening and closing timings and overlap of inlet & exhaust valve in degrees plus ignition advance then it should be straight forward

by hard to set up I mean on the track not as in timing , on the old dt500 jawa they needed loads more fuel to get them to go , not sure why they are so hard to get going well but history tells anybody when it comes to speedway double over cams don't work

by hard to set up I mean on the track not as in timing , on the old dt500 jawa they needed loads more fuel to get them to go , not sure why they are so hard to get going well but history tells anybody when it comes to speedway double over cams don't work

I think you will find the DT500 went off the scene with the introduction of 34 mm. carbs. They were very successful prior to that on well prepared tracks & with a pilot that had throttle control.

As we both know today's Speedway is not about the fastest engine, it's about getting the appropriate amount of grip while still being in control of ones motor cycle!

• Like 1