British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Navigator1900

Lindgren Switch From Gtr Back To Gm !

When I noticed the latest picture on Fredrik Lindgren's Facebookpage I thought at first I would be a late april-joke. It seem despite all his success on the Swiss Gerhard-GTR-engine some dark forces from behind persuaded him to change back to the Italian-GM-machinery. Loyality does not seem a priority for him. We'll see how many points he will mark in the 2nd half of the GP-season.

he has changed back about 2 weeks ago at wolves he has had a few problems over the last couple of weeks and is still testing the GTR to get it right , so I think your comment of loyalty not being a priority not 100% correct .

we'll see which engine he will ride tomorrow and for the remaining season ...

speedway is results based why be loyal and suffer when fred has other options open to him,he is only doing what's best for him and his team.

• Like 2

I agree "why suffering" but from the outside I can't understand it. Especially on the big tracks in Poland he seemed to be as fast as earlier this season. His results in England over the last few weeks were less impressive though. Fact is, since he changed 2016 from GM to GTR he looked a different rider than before. For that reason I feel sorry for the swiss GTR-team, especially Marcel Gerhard who has put so much effort into his project and will feel betrayed .... Why not try everything to find if there are problems with GTR instead of a short-term switch to GM. Some other GP-riders have shown more loyalty to their engine-tuners than Freddie.

• Like 1

your right you are on the outside you like most of us don't know the problems so will never understand it. tracks change as the weather gets warmer maybe the gtr is not working on the slick polish tracks same goes for the uk but since the change Fred has upped his game results don't lie. I wouldn't feel sorry for marcel he is probably 20+ grand better off since meeting Freddie and the effort fred has put in putting the GTR on the map cant be questioned. I am sure behind closed doors Fred's team and marcel are working flat out to get to the bottom of the problem.do you know how many GP riders have changed engine tuners this season? if you did I am sure you might just change your opinion and your understanding of the word loyalty.

• Like 2

well said neb what navigator probably does not realise is fred had to buy all his engines he was not given them , if I believe right he brought 6 engines at £ 3000 plus each

• Like 2

your right you are on the outside you like most of us don't know the problems so will never understand it. tracks change as the weather gets warmer maybe the gtr is not working on the slick polish tracks same goes for the uk but since the change Fred has upped his game results don't lie. I wouldn't feel sorry for marcel he is probably 20+ grand better off since meeting Freddie and the effort fred has put in putting the GTR on the map cant be questioned. I am sure behind closed doors Fred's team and marcel are working flat out to get to the bottom of the problem.do you know how many GP riders have changed engine tuners this season? if you did I am sure you might just change your opinion and your understanding of the word loyalty.

£20+ grand in Marcels pocket is probably a fraction of what he has put into the project.

At least Freddie is still working with Gerhard to iron out problems ..... he's not given up on them!

£20+ grand in Marcels pocket is probably a fraction of what he has put into the project.

and how many engines has marcel sold on the strength of Freddie's performances or a better question how many engines would marcel of sold if Fred had not been the guinea pig. Fred's investment into the GTR has probably earned marcel a fair few quid towards the "project"

Thank you Philip for your spy-feedback. One thing is crytalclear, Marcel Gerhard & Suter Engineering have invested much more time & money into the GTR-project than Fredrik Lindgren. Maybe as swiss supporter I am a little biased but these are facts.

and how many engines has marcel sold on the strength of Freddie's performances or a better question how many engines would marcel of sold if Fred had not been the guinea pig. Fred's investment into the GTR has probably earned marcel a fair few quid towards the "project"

Agreed. Thats business, make an investment to make a return, with the aim of a profit..

Thank you Philip for your spy-feedback. One thing is crytalclear, Marcel Gerhard & Suter Engineering have invested much more time & money into the GTR-project than Fredrik Lindgren. Maybe as swiss supporter I am a little biased but these are facts.

SO too have the BSPA!