British Speedway Forum
Midland Red

Craig Cook, Since Swc

And also an altercation with Ben Barker and the ref in the changing rooms at Peterborough? two years ago, and when the radiator was ripped off the wall.

It was at Ipswich

Cookie was back on the gas last night, shaved 0.7 off the track record!

After how open he was with his problems last night, I feel this will be the turning point, and he will head to Russia and put in a good performance.

Are you able to share what he said last night?

• Like 1

Whatever you think of Craig he is only 5 rides away from being. GP rider.

I hope we see the real Craig during this month and get a BRITISH RIDER in the SGP.

Good luck Craig in Togliatti.

• Like 5

Whatever you think of Craig he is only 5 rides away from being. GP rider.

I hope we see the real Craig during this month and get a Real BRITISH RIDER in the SGP.

Good luck Craig in Togliatti.

Well let's hope that Craig Cook will do as well as that other real BRITISH Rider in the series - I somehow doubt it.

Tai Woffinden comes from Scunthorpe - you can't get any more REAL BRITISH than that.

• Like 4

Well let's hope that Craig Cook will do as well as that other real BRITISH Rider in the series - I somehow doubt it.

Tai Woffinden comes from Scunthorpe - you can't get any more REAL BRITISH than that.

You could, you could have someone from Scunthorpe that would want to represent their country. That would make them seem a bit more British...

• Like 4

Jason Crump comes from Bristol - you can't get any more REAL BRITISH than that.

Mark Loram comes from Malta - you can't get any more REAL BRITISH than that.

• Like 2

It was at Ipswich

Are you able to share what he said last night?

He was frank and honest about putting too much pressure on himself to perform to the point of making himself physically ill. Full credit to him for admitting that in front of a crowd of people. He is a winner and I wish him nothing but the best of luck for this weekend.

And also an altercation with Ben Barker and the ref in the changing rooms at Peterborough? two years ago, and when the radiator was ripped off the wall.

What I am told is he has changed tuners(to Peter Johns) at the wrong time, and is finding it difficult to get the right settings.

He has been with Peter Johns for over a year now since changing from Ashtech

• Like 4

He was frank and honest about putting too much pressure on himself to perform to the point of making himself physically ill. Full credit to him for admitting that in front of a crowd of people. He is a winner and I wish him nothing but the best of luck for this weekend.

He has been with Peter Johns for over a year now since changing from Ashtech

Did anyone really expect anything other than this scenario. We're all behind ya Cookie!!!!
  • Like 3

Jason Crump comes from Bristol - you can't get any more REAL BRITISH than that.

Mark Loram comes from Malta - you can't get any more REAL BRITISH than that.

Robert Lambert grew up eating bratwurst and sauerkraut...you can't get any more SILLY than that.

Robert Lambert grew up eating bratwurst and sauerkraut...you can't get any more SILLY than that.

You can, you can post about it on here !

• Like 5

Will he achieve as much as Chris Harris did in the GPs if he does qualify?

(9 podiums, I think it was)

Edited by Midland Red

Will he achieve as much as Chris Harris did in the GPs if he does qualify?

(9 podiums, I think it was)

No, because Chris was much younger when he started as a GP rider. Good luck to Craig though (hope he proves me wrong).

Some will say that Craig, or any other Brit (other than Tai) ain't good enough to compete on the World stage.

Well I say, that's a bit chicken and egg. Get our boys out there and some of them will rise to the challenge.

Look at the mountain it is to get into the GPs and then stay there. The GP challenge route is tough by anyone's standard. Then clawing your way into the top 8 and staying there, bloody heroic.

Let's salute Craig for getting this far. If he qualifies, let's celebrate. Oh I know he rides for some clubs up north. But who cares? He's one of ours and we should be proud.

• Like 7

I placed this on the Testimonials & Individual and Shared Events page before I found these pages so I ask again, anyone know the latest on the Craig "pits riding" incident?

You'll be lucky to get an answer. :wink:

you're missing a trick . there's an Aussie who claims to be British , but TBH he can't really be British , because he has no pride in Britain and wont ride for the national team . I'm sure he would though if the BSPA would change the name of the team , ala Rod Stewart AND the faces , Diana Ross AND the Supremes , perhaps Tai Woffinden AND team GB or maybe Tai Woffindens team GB would tempt him

I kind of get where you're coming from and I respect your opinion (really, no sarcasm). But who's loss is it that Tai doesn't ride for Team GB?

I'm old school and believe that any rider should be knocked out to be picked to ride for the National side. I like Tai (even the tats!) and want him to do well. But if he was my lad I'd kicked his a**e from here to next Wednesday for turning his back on the National side.

Oh I don't know. Having read what I've just typed, I'm on both sides of this argument. Am I alone?

• Like 2