Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Midland Red

Craig Cook, Since Swc

He's about to be fined and most probably banned for assaulting an official, imo f*** Craig Cook.

HOPE you are proud of that comment and not in a position where you might actually need some help.

• Like 6

HOPE you are proud of that comment and not in a position where you might actually need some help.

The trouble is Phil,speedway is a dangerous sport and anyone,i mean anyone,who has problems shouldn't be on a speedway track.That means darcy Ward,Antonio Lindbäck,seemingly Chris Holder and now Craig Cook.People need help to sort out their problems and only when they have got professional help and have their problems under control should they be let back on track

We currently have a big discussion about how safe are the tracks,but what about riders who have drink,drugs or mental problems who are allowed to race against 3 other blokes?????

• Like 6

The trouble is Phil,speedway is a dangerous sport and anyone,i mean anyone,who has problems shouldn't be on a speedway track.That means darcy Ward,Antonio Lindbäck,seemingly Chris Holder and now Craig Cook.People need help to sort out their problems and only when they have got professional help and have their problems under control should they be let back on track

We currently have a big discussion about how safe are the tracks,but what about riders who have drink,drugs or mental problems who are allowed to race against 3 other blokes?????

And presumably allowed to assault track officials.

• Like 1

It would be easier for fans to afford riders a degree of empathy when “help” is required if their actions at other times weren’t so dislikeable.

And presumably allowed to assault track officials.

Guess there's 2 sides to every story, and in contrast to the version you're heard about Cook assaulting a track official, I've heard that it was Cook who was assaulted BY the official, who I'm told (despite being described as the Clerk of the Course in Peter Oakes' report) DOESN'T actually hold a Clerk of the Course licence, and is only an ordinary track official.

Seems a frustrated Cook did ride into the pits (instead of cutting his engine at the pits gate) but the track official should have just reported this to the real Clerk of the Course, instead of physically assaulting Cook and knocking him off his bike. Of course Cook shouldn't retaliate, but it's an adrenaline sport...

• Like 2

Guess there's 2 sides to every story, and in contrast to the version you're heard about Cook assaulting a track official, I've heard that it was Cook who was assaulted BY the official, who I'm told (despite being described as the Clerk of the Course in Peter Oakes' report) DOESN'T actually hold a Clerk of the Course licence, and is only an ordinary track official.

Seems a frustrated Cook did ride into the pits (instead of cutting his engine at the pits gate) but the track official should have just reported this to the real Clerk of the Course, instead of physically assaulting Cook and knocking him off his bike. Of course Cook shouldn't retaliate, but it's an adrenaline sport...

The referee told the riders before the start, that they should not return to the pits in the event of a re-start. Cook chose to ignore that and he rode into the official and fell off his bike.

The referee told the riders before the start, that they should not return to the pits in the event of a re-start. Cook chose to ignore that and he rode into the official and fell off his bike.

Seems to largely fit with what I heard that Cook tried to ride into the pits but an "official" blocked his way causing him to fall off his bike.

Would have thought the obvious course of action would have been to allow him into the pits unobstructed, and leave it to the referee make a decision on disqualification if necessary, rather than trying to block the way and cause an accident and a health and safety issue.

Edited by WalterPlinge

Seems to largely fit with what I heard that Cook tried to ride into the pits but an "official" blocked his way causing him to fall off his bike.

Would have thought the obvious course of action would have been to allow him into the pits unobstructed, and leave it to the referee make a decision on disqualification if necessary, rather than trying to block the way and cause an accident and a health and safety issue.

The Health and safety issue IS riding in the pits.

• Like 6

If the ref told riders not to return to the pits in the event of a restart........ why were the pit gates open?

If the ref told riders not to return to the pits in the event of a restart........ why were the pit gates open?

To let mechanics out on the track???At a guess

• Like 1

from what i seen at the end of every race the gates was opened and Jason Pipe came out and stopped the riders from returning to the pits, trying to ensure they dismounted at pit entrance after turning around on backstraight..

He stopped every rider, which is fair enough imo, and he didnt look/seem to be being a d!ck about it.

• Like 1

Pre SWC Cook looked the real deal, British Champ and winning two qualifiers on his road to the GP Challenge. Since then his form and confidence has just about deserted him, maybe its nerves, maybe it mechanical, maybe he is putting to much pressure on himself, whatever it is he needs to get back to his form he has earlier in the season. When he qualified for the GP Challenge I genuinely thought he had a chance of getting to next years SGP, now I dont see him finishing anywhere near a qualifying spot.

Cook is a star, and I hope he qualifies for the gp series. This pits business is probably handbags.

• Like 2

Guess there's 2 sides to every story...

In which case you should have an independent investigation / hearing, call the witnesses to what happened and a judgement should be made based upon the facts as they are established.

All this "I heard of someone who saw something" speculation doesn't really help.