Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Midland Red

Craig Cook, Since Swc

Cook is a star, and I hope he qualifies for the gp series. This pits business is probably handbags.

I was at Peterborough last Sunday and thought the altercation was between Cook and another riders mechanic, from what I saw I`d be surprised if Cook received any ban for what looked no more than, as you say, handbags.

How can he be unfit to ride on Thursday but fit again by today, has he a majic doctor?

Happens all the time, Robert Lambert didn't take his place in the Newcastle team at the 4`s last Sunday yet rode for Kings Lynn in their meeting against Somerset last Monday.

• Like 2

In which case you should have an independent investigation / hearing, call the witnesses to what happened and a judgement should be made based upon the facts as they are established.

All this "I heard of someone who saw something" speculation doesn't really help.

All this health & safety IMO is all bollocks, try working in a Michelin star establishment & you can throw health & safety out the window!

Regarding CC, yep EVERY ONE knows he can get a bit excited, right or wrong,

IF he his found guilty, he should be given the Queens pardon! He's ENGLISH & very proud of it!

• Like 1

How can he be unfit to ride on Thursday but fit again by today, has he a majic doctor

If your not allowed to be fit the day after your unfit, you'll never get fit.

• Like 4

i have been to many tracks over the years and what i dont understand is from what i have seen its not a problem to ride out of the pits but a no no to ride back in,can anyone give a reason for this?

Is this the same Mr Cook who had an altercation with Mr Jones at Wolverhampton and did a runner

was it cook who had the issue with Freddie and cook's mechanic who decided to throw a punch at Fred's mechanic graham?

Cookie was back on the gas last night, shaved 0.7 off the track record!

After how open he was with his problems last night, I feel this will be the turning point, and he will head to Russia and put in a good performance.

• Like 1

After how open he was with his problems last night, I feel this will be the turning point, and he will head to Russia and put in a good performance.

Hope so!

I am sure we all do. Would love a Brit in the GP

GOOD to hear. Too many people being judge and jury. Two sides to every story ... including Holder's!

Good luck Cookie he really wants it be great to see him in the Series.

I am sure we all do. Would love a Brit in the GP

do we not already have one or am I missing a trick.

Dead right neb!!! :t::approve: :approve: :approve:

Dead right neb!!! :t::approve: :approve: :approve:

Aye, what happens when you are trying to reply while busy at work!

Is this the same Mr Cook who had an altercation with Mr Jones at Wolverhampton and did a runner

And also an altercation with Ben Barker and the ref in the changing rooms at Ipswitch two years ago, and when the radiator was ripped off the wall.

What I am told is he has changed tuners(to Peter Johns) at the wrong time, and is finding it difficult to get the right settings.

Edited by Tsunami

And also an altercation with Ben Barker and the ref in the changing rooms at Peterborough? two years ago, and when the radiator was ripped off the wall.

What I am told is he has changed tuners(to Peter Johns) at the wrong time, and is finding it difficult to get the right settings.

WAS using PJs when he won the British Final and qualified for the GP Challenge. However, I believe that he then hit problems and had to borrow an engine for Cardiff.

We know that Cookie is a fiery character but if he can channel that passion and desire in the right direction then it can be an asset. Hope he comes through this. He is a better rider than his SWC and Cardiff performances would suggest and at times puts too much pressure on himself.

• Like 2