British Speedway Forum
Shaleshifter

Newcastle Diamonds Vs Peterborough Panthers 13/08/17

Which was the final meeting to celebrate the promotion of Newcastle United. It doesn't really matter if it was 12 or 1.30pm, the same practicalities were valid.

Mad Max

See above. It is an excuse to not run against the TOON at home celebrating promotion, it is a sound and practical business reason. Most of the track staff would or were at the said match.

Why so defensive? I asked the question and have been given an answer. If anything your response suggested there may have been ulterior motives.

I assume the same track staff are therefore missing the first game back in the premiership then?

• Like 1

If that were the case then he'd be top of the averages which he isn't (Or are there 10 to 20 other riders who are too good for the championship).

Must be a hell of a track at Torun (which it isn't) if he thinks riding 3 or 4 meetings at the end of the season for a poor polish team is going to bring on his career leaps and bounds, as opposed to honoring your contract and earning respect rather than the instant readies.. Three or four years down the line no doubt he'll be bleating like his brother when someone dumps him (and it probably won't be a british team).

You've committed a cardinal sin here, I'm afraid to say - you've fed the troll.

Why so defensive? I asked the question and have been given an answer. If anything your response suggested there may have been ulterior motives.

I assume the same track staff are therefore missing the first game back in the premiership then?

when is the first match ?

If that were the case then he'd be top of the averages which he isn't (Or are there 10 to 20 other riders who are too good for the championship).

Must be a hell of a track at Torun (which it isn't) if he thinks riding 3 or 4 meetings at the end of the season for a poor polish team is going to bring on his career leaps and bounds, as opposed to honoring your contract and earning respect rather than the instant readies.. Three or four years down the line no doubt he'll be bleating like his brother when someone dumps him (and it probably won't be a british team).

Its no good attempting a serious discussion with him

idiots always win, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

• Like 2

The use of the word 'excuse' just might be the trigger.

No it doesn't.

Yes I will.

Edited by Tsunami

Is Holder riding?

Looks like Peterborough have been granted no facility and were due to use Jack Parkinson Blackburn in place of Holder, not so sure that will still be the case as JPB was injured at Berwick last night.

Looks like Peterborough have been granted no facility and were due to use Jack Parkinson Blackburn in place of Holder, not so sure that will still be the case as JPB was injured at Berwick last night.

😣😣😣 huge defeat on the cards

• Like 2

I see Lambert got an 18 point max in the U19. Would have been good to see Holder at Brough but he sees his future outside of England.

• Like 3

Is Holder riding?

According to Newcastle website he is but not according to Peterborough website.No facility has been granted either. Congratulations to Robert Lambert on his win last night.

Every meeting Peterborough grant Holder permission to miss should be a £10k fine.

Perhaps they would think twice then about such disgraceful disrespect for the league and their opponents on the day inparticular and say no.

That then puts the ball in Holders court.

If he still goes then he gets his ban. He should not be allowed to 'have his cake and eat it'

😠😠

• Like 3

Newcastle's website, issued yesterday, advertises Holder visiting on Sunday.

Peterborough have now issued a very brief ( by their standards) release stating Holders in Poland, which everyone has suspected for over a week!

So why not give the Diamonds management advance notice and allow them to gives an accurate report, instead of letting them look like they are either incompetent or trying to con public with false advertising!

Might it be that English is part of MC and this is a bit of retaliation by Rathbone?

Edited by northyorksbear
  • Like 1

Jack Holder has bigger fish to fry than Newcastle, Torun are in a relegation battle.

He will be riding in Poland tomorrow.

Peterborough are in a difficult position of having a rider that's simply too good for the Championship.

5 points at Edinburgh doesn't look too good for championship