Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum

The speedway star article about this makes for hilarious reading. I recommend everyone read it and enjoy some of the whoppers Toni has been telling :D

• Like 1

The speedway star article about this makes for hilarious reading. I recommend everyone read it and enjoy some of the whoppers Toni has been telling :D

a few months ago there was a massive auction in Italy of bikes, cars etc , along with ferraris ,porches and other high end cars there were around 30 speedway/ grasstrack bikes , from japs to GMs ,it was all recovered from someone who was being done for tax fraud , was it this guy ? The cars could be anybody but the speedway bikes must of been someone with a speedway background

I am not sure that picture on page 19 is really of his wife :lol:

A comedic episode indeed.

After reading that article I'm now not sure that Peter Oakes is really Peter Oakes.

His writing oscillates between between various modes.

From that of a latter day John Pilger exposing the scandalous activity of an African Dictator.

To parts where his wounded feelings at being the intended victim of an elaborate hoax are painfully on show.

Written in the style of a pius country parson who has been 'goosed' in the vestry.

Clearly this Toto is a nut-job.

Which could have been made plain in two paragraphs.

But at least this is light relief from the dark clouds over 'real life' Speedway in Britain.

Edited by Grand Central

Is it Franchetti who Promoted at Edinburgh?

It's the funniest thing I've read in Speedway Star for years (outside of Poole's recent results).

But why would this Walter Mitty person make up such extravagant lies that can easily be disproven in 2 minutes of googling? I've had far more credible Nigerian princes.

And I don't understand the Neil MacFarlane link. Is it someone with a fake Neil MacFarlane? Or has Neil MacFarlane actually been duped? If he is going senile and has fallen for this, I hope he hasn't invested any money.

I was however impressed by the picture of Fat Tony's wife, although I don't normally go for brunettes. I prefer blondes like Mrs Plinge.

And in mentioning the wife, I'll leave you with her thoughts on World Elite Speedway....

kylieplinge.jpg

What I find as hilarious as anything is the one real link I have found. Just Google "toto franchitti" and the first thing to see is a Facebook post from him to F1 driver Mark Webber. The post looks like it was made by a four-year-old, rather than a successful businessman! What do you think?

https://m.facebook.com/aussiegrit/posts/1000853456640177

Steve

• Like 1

A comedic episode indeed.

After reading that article I'm now not sure that Peter Oakes is really Peter Oakes.

His writing oscillates between between various modes.

From that of a latter day John Pilger exposing the scandalous activity of an African Dictator.

To parts where his wounded feelings at being the intended victim of an elaborate hoax are painfully on show.

Written in the style of a pius country parson who has been 'goosed' in the vestry.

Clearly this Toto is a nut-job.

Which could have been made plain in two paragraphs.

But at least this is light relief from the dark clouds over 'real life' Speedway in Britain.

Probably one of the best pieces in SS for years ... and you think it should have been kept down to two paragraphs. I'm lost for words.

• Like 3

Probably one of the best pieces in SS for years ... and you think it should have been kept down to two paragraphs. I'm lost for words.

Quite an amusing read, I'll agree. Wonder what prompted this unprecented investigative journalism from the Spar though?

Best read for years.Wouldnt surprise me if he has earmarked Powderhall for first meeting.!!!!!!!!

It's maybe a publicity stunt by SS to run the story through to April 1st next year to boost sales !!

Edited by Fromafar

Or has Neil MacFarlane actually been duped? I hope he hasn't invested any money.

Not a chance of that, mate!

Hmm, I don't know, a good looking bloke and all that. :icon_smile_clown:. TBH many of Toto's (I know) claims are quite mild when compared with some of the stuff on this forum. Perchance he is a regular poster already. I know who my money's on. :wink:

Anyhow enough of this nonsence; time to get Ruth Davidson straddling my chopper again. Tutto il meglio

Edited by Mr Ore

If it's the same Franchiti that was involved with Edinburgh speedway, he was/is a delusional narcissist. On the day after the Heysel tragedy he claimed to the local media that he was there... he wasn't.

Any relation to Dario Franchitti, the Edinburgh-born racing driver, now retired?