British Speedway Forum

It makes for amusing reading, but the bloke is obviously not all there and is probably more in need of help than derision.

Given that you've shown that you actually can do investigative journalism when want to, perhaps you can make investigation of more serious subjects a regular feature in future?

Peter Oakes, with assistance from Helen Charlesworth you mean. But I assume then you couldn't get your usual dig in to PHILIPRISING in that case. :P

• Like 1

You'll laugh... when moxey receives meeting tickets. Hotel sorted as well... and they even threw in a hire car for Round One because I was first customer. In addition to getting 10% because I paid cash. Mox is one happy chappy today!

Not so funny now, are you :nono: .

Show a bit of trust and faith my friend.

Did you get any sort of discount on your tickets for ordering well in advance of the 1st round!! I'll be shocked if you didn't and I would demand a refund!! :P:P :P

The article was an amusing read really enjoyed it. The bloke must have something seriously wrong to come out with all the deluded nonsense that he has, what is more worrying is that Neil Macfarlane appears to have swallowed it hook, line, and sinker, thats more unbelievable than Totos tall tales.

Peter Oakes, with assistance from Helen Charlesworth you mean. But I assume then you couldn't get your usual dig in to PHILIPRISING in that case. :P

'You', meant as in the Speedway Star.

The article was an amusing read really enjoyed it. The bloke must have something seriously wrong to come out with all the deluded nonsense that he has, what is more worrying is that Neil Macfarlane appears to have swallowed it hook, line, and sinker, thats more unbelievable than Totos tall tales.

Yeah surprised Macfarlane would want to be involved in this "tale" he's getting on a bit now maybe the brain is not as sharp!!.

Well Done to the Speedway Star on wasting their time on a troll. The troll has won and made the Speedway Star look like idiots for biting and they don't even know it! Just sums up the Speedway Star and what they consider important and worthy of our money.

Actually try "investigating" something worth investigating rather than this pile of crap.

Well Done to the Speedway Star on wasting their time on a troll. The troll has won and made the Speedway Star look like idiots for biting and they don't even know it! Just sums up the Speedway Star and what they consider important and worthy of our money.

Actually try "investigating" something worth investigating rather than this pile of crap.

Couldn't agree more.

This week's extra bite at the same subject that was done to the death the previous week was a bit bizarre.

Over and over again saying the same thing.

We got the message.

The guy has mental health issues.

What on earth is all the fuss being made about him.

I think Peter needs to calm down, he's got terribly over excited about this.

Has he just got the internet or something?

In truth there are al lot of weirdos out there. Just avoid them.

Edited by Grand Central
  • Like 3

It makes for amusing reading, but the bloke is obviously not all there and is probably more in need of help than derision.

Given that you've shown that you actually can do investigative journalism when want to, perhaps you can make investigation of more serious subjects a regular feature in future?

Agree regarding the investigative journalism maybe the SCB or the BSPA for starters.

All has been made clear regarding the Down The Pan mess that speedway is in - Neil M, Peter Oakes, Buster Chapman and all other BSPA members are on the same medication that creates a totally dysfunctional brain. I could not believe the space wasted in the SS on this obviously ridiculous non story. Had it stopped at the Utter Baloney point it would have been funny. Unless of course Franchetti is the new UK wonder sponsor the sport needs and his family will make all the effective decisions in 2018. With so many spare billions he really could be the saviour the sport seeks ( see it's catching now! ) Investigative journalism - the SS would not know what that was if it was handed to them on a plate ( as in the BV 2016 shocker ).

• Like 3

THINK you are in the minority ... we have had a great response from people who enjoyed it.

Edited by PHILIPRISING
  • Like 3

'You', meant as in the Speedway Star.

Not what you said, but I'll give you a Whooosh.

THINK you are in the minority ... we have had a great response from people who enjoyed it.

You can always find a baying pack to round on those that aren't quite normal.

One article would have been more than enough to discredit the 'initiative' and it was over-laboured, especially considering the reticence of the Star to go public with real news when the subjects are competent to defend themselves.

• Like 3

Some guys need to lighten up a little, I know the sport is in a bad state, but the excitement over a magazine article.!!!!!!!!.It gave a lot of readers a bit of light hearted entertainment.Better than watching 6 guests at Swindon. IMO

• Like 4

Some guys need to lighten up a little, I know the sport is in a bad state, but the excitement over a magazine article.!!!!!!!!.It gave a lot of readers a bit of light hearted entertainment.Better than watching 6 guests at Swindon. IMO

No excitement just thought the pages could have been put to better use on discussing the problems within the sport or maybe rider profiles, supporter itemsetc