British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mark

Poole Supporters Helpline 0871 30-60-30-60

2010 then 2011

2012 then 2013

It does happen!...

Yes it can obviously but this year you will have gone 2 years without winning it...that can quickly be 3 4 then 5.

The fact there is hardly any teams, and that Poole have the biggest financial benefactor means they should always be in the top 2 or 3 every season

Who is Poole's 'biggest financial benefactor' exactly??

• Like 1

I am surprised by this Poole team. They were one of the favourites at the start of the year and have turned into also rans. KK's form has had an impact but that team should have been able to cover and now they seem to be everyone's tip for 7th. Compare this with Swindon who were written off (and mocked by some) at the start of the year and they are currently top of the pile. Rosco should be applauded for the team he put together - the potential was there and they have delivered and only one change to the original 1-7 - with Zach now out injured too.

• Like 1

Who is Poole's 'biggest financial benefactor' exactly??

so you don't think Matt Ford pays big money to get the top boys in his team then?? I'm sure over the years the likes of Holder, Magic, Hancock and Lindback to name just some, don't come cheap. Poole have been able to afford and pay riders more than some other teams.

so you don't think Matt Ford pays big money to get the top boys in his team then?? I'm sure over the years the likes of Holder, Magic, Hancock and Lindback to name just some, don't come cheap. Poole have been able to afford and pay riders more than some other teams.

decent crowds helps pay for top riders and we have always had decent support until the last couple of season's

I thought the main sponsors mainly paid, sure that's what happened when Castle Cover were there. Might be mistaken though.

Its well known that MF is not one of the biggest payers. If and when Poole sign a 'top' rider then its down to the many corporate sponsors that MF works very hard to support the club - in addition the many 'family or individual' sponsors. You've only got to look at Poole's website - every meeting sponsored - every heat in every meeting sponsored.

No 'financial benefactor' just good sponsors.

• Like 1

hell of a lot of pressure on wolves now to keep the run going with the rest of the league rooting for them..

top 3 are virtually there surely . the 'neutral' pressure is on somerset or rye house to catch poole isn't it ?

I am surprised by this Poole team. They were one of the favourites at the start of the year and have turned into also rans. KK's form has had an impact but that team should have been able to cover and now they seem to be everyone's tip for 7th. Compare this with Swindon who were written off (and mocked by some) at the start of the year and they are currently top of the pile. Rosco should be applauded for the team he put together - the potential was there and they have delivered and only one change to the original 1-7 - with Zach now out injured too.

Well I'll be the first to hold my hand up. I thought the idea of signing a no.1 on a silly high average was suicidal given the strength in depth other teams were building. At the very least I foresaw significant team changes after a few weeks as we saw at Wolverhampton (who's changes I thought were astute btw). But no, Swindon have done the business, even doing without JD during their recent run of success. They are real championship (small c) material.

• Like 2

hell of a lot of pressure on wolves now to keep the run going with the rest of the league rooting for them..

Sadly we are going there at the wrong time. We are missing Masters and Riss, and Schlein is off form. Can't win a match with 3.5 riders.

Rickarsson, Adams Loram, And why do you think that is then. ?

Rickarsson, Adams Loram, And why do you think that is then. ?

erm is it rocket science???

Sponsors and Matt Ford getting the sponsors...........good businessman