British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mimmo

Buxton V Stoke 25/08/2017

As I can't see a thread on this, I thought I'd start one so as to see who intends visiting this local derby.

It's the 25 June since the 'Hitmen' saw their own track, thanks to the rain-off against Plymouth, and the withdrawal of King's Lynn from the National League, so the Derbyshire clubs supporters should be eager to finally see some track action again.

Since then, the club have suffered defeats at Cradley Heath, Lakeside, Eastbourne and Plymouth, but despite that, they've received complimentary remarks from their hosts for the way they've gone about their business. 10-days ago, they travelled across to the Isle of Wight, and came away with a very impressive 46-44 victory.

As for the visiting 'Potters', it's been an up and down season for them, with their only win on the road this season, ironically coming at the High-Edge Raceway, when they saw off Buxton 54-35 in the KO Cup, so revenge tomorrow for Jason Pipe's charges, would be what dreams are made of.

I'm making the long journey up from my King's Lynn (well Heacham actually) base for this meeting, and am already counting down the hours, for what should be a very enjoyable afternoon of racing in the beautiful Derbyshire Dales. I hope many of you will turn out to support this great little club.

Having spent the weekend in The Peak District I dropped in to watch this at one of my favourite speedway venues, actually parked up next to mimmo!!

Unfortunately I am afraid the meeting was a disappointment as it was one that had absolutely zero passing!!

However Buxton remains a terrific place to see speedway and I will call again soon

Good to meet you yesterday Dodger Blue.

Agreed the meeting wasn't the best by a long shot, but like you, I think Buxton (The home of National League racing) is a lovely place to watch speedway, and I can't wait to return.

• Like 1