British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
lucifer sam

Scunthorpe Scorpions V Ipswich Witches (s G B Championship) - Sunday, August 13th (5.30pm)

Looking at updates a bit surprised with the result. Can scunthorpe fans answer did there team throw this away. Losing a 5-1 in heat 12 in the slowest time of the night seems to have been the turning point. Makes you think

Looking at updates a bit surprised with the result. Can scunthorpe fans answer did there team throw this away. Losing a 5-1 in heat 12 in the slowest time of the night seems to have been the turning point. Makes you think

It was. Heeps was pretty impressive during the whole meeting but he was beatable, and there was only one place Mountain was going to finish. However, they gated in front and stayed there.

Slightly subdued afternoon at EWR with racing not quite up to the usual standard. Scunny were inconsistent and the weakness of having a high scoring reserve was shown up today when he didn't high score. I also thought the referee's decision in heat 14 was absolutely correct (and had a very good view) and that Aarnio was lucky to be in the second running of that race because it seemed to me he baled out on both occasions.

Douglas unlucky when Schleen :o:icon_smile_clown: (whoever that bloke in the box is, get rid of him) hit him; it shouldn't need a fall for a rider to be excluded.

• Like 4

Is it just me or does Heeps ride well all night and then seem to come last in heat 15.

It wasn't a case throwing it away but more a case of the home teams riders not being able to gate.

• Like 1

Heat 12 the turning point... pure lack of effort from the scunny pair. If betting was allowed in speedway, this would definitely smell of a scam. Slow time and zero effort from the scunny boys... it does make one think!

Danny King was a class apart, fantastic show and great to watch.

Some good racing, not a classic by ewr standards.. Several controversial reffing decisions, to be fair I agreed with most, perhaps Aanio's exclusion in heat 14 a little suspect, not that I had the greatest view of that at all. I think the ref was a tad lenient in ordering all four backs in 4 & 14, scunny lucky not to suffer exclusions in both.

• Like 2

Douglas unlucky when Schleen :o:icon_smile_clown: (whoever that bloke in the box is, get rid of him) hit him; it shouldn't need a fall for a rider to be excluded.

I can only guess that the referee didn't have a good view of the incident.

Danny King was a class apart, fantastic show and great to watch.

I totally agree he was in a class of his own tonight.

Those blasts round the outside on bends 3/4 were worth the price of admission alone.

Guest Scunny2012

if you think the weather forecast is a bit iffy for this one and you are thinking of going,one should be advised to check where the track is as you are clearly looking at a different forecast to the normal world

I explained that earlier if you check the posts

Is it just me or does Heeps ride well all night and then seem to come last in heat 15.[/quote

Cam did ride well all night and done well to stay on his bike when trying to go around both Scunthorpe riders in heat 15 and getting put into the air fence by Auty for his efforts. His team riding in heat 12 with Connor was the turning point of the match as I couldn't see us even getting a point until that race. After his first race King was in a class of his own with his blasts around the third & fourth bends worth the admission on there own. Nathan never gave up and was unlucky with a couple of exclusions.

Can't work out why they took Connor out of heat 14 after his ride in heat 12.

I totally agree he was in a class of his own tonight.

Those blasts round the outside on bends 3/4 were worth the price of admission alone.

Many riders reap the rewards of blasting round the outside of bends 3 and 4 at Scunny... never seen a rider execute the move quite like Kingy did tonight though... the turn of pace over a short distance was quite something... proves what good machinery the guy must have. He was a joy to watch.

• Like 2

Been away the weekend but good result from the boys. Top 4 sorted now let's just keep everyone safe!

I can only guess that the referee didn't have a good view of the incident.

Well I was stood just beneath the ref's box and I felt it was rather obvious that Ryan took a heavy knock from Schlein. The race really should have been stopped, with Schlein excluded.

Having said that, we also had a couple of refereeing decisions go our way. The ref was consistently rubbish!

Scorpions undone by a brilliant performance by King and that surprise result to Heat 12.

All the best

Rob

Heat 12 the turning point... pure lack of effort from the scunny pair. If betting was allowed in speedway, this would definitely smell of a scam. Slow time and zero effort from the scunny boys... it does make one think!

Thanks for replying to my original question. A good job the scorpions weren't racing Glasgow otherwise some on here would be talking about brown envelopes and millionaires

Watching a meeting like this one makes being a Scorpion fan very frustrated. We know only too well how these riders can and do ride better than tonight's effort. The EF's, falls, poor Tero taking so many rides. A real off night for him this week! `Oh to have a No1 like Ipswich has. Hope you Ipswich fans appreciate The brilliance of your No1 Danny King. If only we could have a real No 1? Please Rob for next year!

We do June.

He is a class act on and off the track 👏👏