British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
waco

Kent V Lakeside Mon 14th Aug 6-30 Pm

There is not even dust to race on at rye. The track is slicker than an ice rink.

Which is relevant to Kent v Lakeside how?

In your dreams, the rye track is down to the base after the parade lap!

Yes of course it is 😂

Clearly obvious that you statements are well thought out and truthful

meanwhile..back at Kent..unless it was because i was sitting a lot lower in the stand tonight but i thought the groove at kent wasn't so apparent tonight..looked to me like track was better prepared. You'd have got good odds on a kent win before start of heat 15....jack thomas rode his heart out all night..deserved to be on winning side

• Like 1

Nail biting meeting could have gone either way. in the end Steve Boxalls cut out coming loose was the deciding factor in heat 15 ,when on a 5-1 with Ben Morley who rounded off another superb max at the track this time for Lakeside....However the 45-44 win for Kent may have been more if Adam Roynon had not had a badly off night ..,Very impressed with Jack Thomas an undoubted star of the future ,,and young Anders Rowe is coming on nicely...Lakesides bottom end however are pretty slow even at this level with Locke the most likely improver but needs to smooth out his riding style ,,Very enjoyable nights racing......

• Like 2

A decent meeting last night, which pulled in a good crowd. There was some hard fought tussles in the latter part of the match, with both sides suffering some bad luck along the way. Hopefully the kings and the hammers will make the play offs, the more local meetings the better.

• Like 2

Thoroughly enjoyed the meeting even though the result went the wrong way for me. Keep hearing about a blue groove, but I didn't see one and it

seemed to me that all the riders were easily ably to ride the track at full throttle without getting in any trouble. Absolutely gobsmacked that we failed

to cash in on the poor night by Roynon. For the number One rider to only score a single point was a huge thing for the Kent team to overcome and

it was purely down to the fact that our bottom end is simply not up to standard. To be fair, Locke tried hard and could maybe make a rider with some

guidance from Kelvin. Send out the Scouts to the grasstrack events and maybe unearth some new talent. It's what Eastbourne seem to do successfully.

• Like 1

Very enjoyable meeting last night with plenty of twists and turns plus a very good sized crowd to witness it.

Morley obviously imperious & Boxall until his customary mechanical issue excellent with great support from Hurry & Bowtell but little else. Laurence has been around a long time to be so far off the pace and although i cannot question Locke's effort he does lack some basic bike skills and should have easily avoided Roynon and not scared the daylights out of him before bouncing down the length of the straight. I did feel he was hard done by when remounting though but maybe it was the angle from the grandstand?

Seemed hard to believe at times that Kent were still in contention but solid displays from Andrews & Hunter, Hopwood joining in late and some superb riding from Thomas & Rowe kept the home side in the match.

Shame in the end that there had to be a winner as based upon performances a draw would have been a fair result.

Would have liked to see Boxall check on Thomas after the heat 15 mishap and glad the ludicrous delay to let extra fans in didn't come back and bite if things had got near to curfew.

Overall i enjoyed last night just a shame its going to be a while until another level opponent visits Central Park.

• Like 1

Locke pushed the bike so far over the line it was rediculous, I kept looking for exclusion lights as Couzins actually crossed the line in avoiding Locke, so Heat 2 actually should of been a 3-0.

*I stand on turn 1 so had the perfect view.

A decent meeting last night, which pulled in a good crowd. There was some hard fought tussles in the latter part of the match, with both sides suffering some bad luck along the way. Hopefully the kings and the hammers will make the play offs, the more local meetings the better.

Well the way the League is panning out, you could well have the three South East Teams making the play offs, making for at least one more local derby.

Very enjoyable meeting last night with plenty of twists and turns plus a very good sized crowd to witness it.

Morley obviously imperious & Boxall until his customary mechanical issue excellent with great support from Hurry & Bowtell but little else. Laurence has been around a long time to be so far off the pace and although i cannot question Locke's effort he does lack some basic bike skills and should have easily avoided Roynon and not scared the daylights out of him before bouncing down the length of the straight. I did feel he was hard done by when remounting though but maybe it was the angle from the grandstand?

Seemed hard to believe at times that Kent were still in contention but solid displays from Andrews & Hunter, Hopwood joining in late and some superb riding from Thomas & Rowe kept the home side in the match.

Shame in the end that there had to be a winner as based upon performances a draw would have been a fair result.

Would have liked to see Boxall check on Thomas after the heat 15 mishap and glad the ludicrous delay to let extra fans in didn't come back and bite if things had got near to curfew.

Overall i enjoyed last night just a shame its going to be a while until another level opponent visits Central Park.

Only 13 days until Eagles come visiting, surely they are level opponents or has it been postponed.

Only 13 days until Eagles come visiting, surely they are level opponents or has it been postponed.

Sadly they weren't great last time Eastbourne visited but Wood is unlikely to struggle twice and Saunders at reserve will definitely be an improvement on Saul.

Much will depend on who Kent book to guest at number 1 but fingers crossed for a closer encounter this time around.

Kent were saying that Luke Bowen's return is imminent. Apparently he was expected this week but failed the fitness test, Maybe he

will be back this coming Monday ?