British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
waco

Kent V Lakeside Mon 14th Aug 6-30 Pm

Should be a cracking local derby with i think Kents stronger bottom end the deciding factor,a decent crowd should be expected for this one,Will Bowen be back ,and how fit will he be to take on the likes of Morley and Hurry,??

Who is guesting for Zach I can't seem to get onto the Lakeside website

i will be coming to this meeting. Haven't seen Paul Hurry for a while! I should get there early Tony to secure your seat..*and look out my progs whilst you're on holiday please...ta'

Edited by Mike.Butler

Gonna be a tough close meeting I think. The visiting Heat leader trio of Morley Hurry and Boxall could be devastating and heats 13 and 15 could be exceptionally tricky for kent.

Roynon getting his first look at the track could be hit or miss, but Hopwood has recovered his early season form, and JT is becoming formidable (when his bikes don't let him down) around Central Park.But the kent second strings are all scoring freely and riding with composure, and should on paper be able to dominate against a steadily improving bottom 3 of Lakeside. I think the key to the evening is Bowtell. A fast improved rider who at times has looked like a 4th Heat leader. If he is firing kent could be in trouble.While you can never be certain of stunning racing, what I am certain we will get is a tense and exciting encounter in terms of match result.

In football terms it's a real six pointer, a defeat for either side won't be a killer blow, but it would certainly dent Kents chances more.

Weather looks set fair, let's just hope for a good, safe meeting and of course a 49-41 home win would be perfect.

Edited by teaboy279
  • Like 2

Yeah a very close meeting tonight, i think most Mildenhall, Brum, and Cradley fans will be hoping Lakeside win this, if that happens it will throw that 4th place back into the melting pot, and nullify Kents win at Mildenhall yesterday.

Lakeside to win by 2, track to have a huge blue groove on both bends by heat 3, any passing will go unseen due to the large plumes of dust.

• Like 1

Lakeside to win by 2, track to have a huge blue groove on both bends by heat 3, any passing will go unseen due to the large plumes of dust.

So basically a home meeting for the hammers

There is not even dust to race on at rye. The track is slicker than an ice rink.

You always make comments about the Rye House track but obviously don't go. Our track has been far better this season (Bar a couple of weeks).

• Like 1

I think Kents stronger bottom end will be enough to see them win this meeting, but I am expecting it to be close. Maybe a last heat decider.

i think you'll find he goes to almost every meeting.

If that is correct then he's either sh1te stirring or blind as a bat.

There is more dirt on the Rye track then either Lakeside or Kent.