British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SCB

Jack Holder And The (lack Of A) 9 Month Ban

Chris Holder got a 9 month ban for the following...

3.2.7 Any proceedings or acts prejudicial to the interests of, any part or body of the ACU, SCB, BSPA or of the sport of motorcycling generally.

3.2.10 Failure to attend, withdrawing (or threatening to withdraw) from a Meeting duly listed on the Official Fixture List: In a Team Event this applies equally to Promoters and Team Managers as well as the riders. It also includes, but not limited to those occasions where a Team fails to meet the 2-minute time allowance on two occasions for the same heat, without just cause.

Someone explain how Jack Holder is not committing the same offence but missing his second Peterborough meeting to ride in Poland?

Because Jack doesn't ride for the chairmans team? And didn't mess him directly around.....unlike his Brother :lol:

• Like 1

I think he wasn't required to attend so didn't withdraw or threaten to withdraw as Peterborough gave him permission to ride for Torun.

I rather suspect that's why the MC issued the statement Shawn.

Not saying I agree with it either.

Why is SCB so bitter?

Didn't see him moaning when Shamek pulled a sickie in 2010 so he could stay at reserve for the play-offs.

Maybe more energy should be focused towards trying to return speedway at Coventry.

• Like 1

I can't remember if he moaned when Anders Thomsen had a 24 hour illness last year, when he missed a meeting at Sheffield because of an Under 21 meeting 2 days later.

I can't remember if he moaned when Anders Thomsen had a 24 hour illness last year, when he missed a meeting at Sheffield because of an Under 21 meeting 2 days later.

Paweł Przedpełski was injured for Saturday night's fixture, however he was fit to ride less than 24 hours later in Poland.

Someone explain how Jack Holder is not committing the same offence but missing his second Peterborough meeting to ride in Poland?

Agreed. Crazy. Boro are selling the league short. It's taking the pee out of fans home and away. Ban him and don't allow him back next year. Send the same message to all league riders, especially Aussies: you commit to the UK or you stand on your own elsewhere.

• Like 3

I think you have a very fair point here, but lets not forget Jack was given permission to miss meetings by his promoter, Chris wasn't.

As such, Jack can simply point to that.

If we are looking at blame in Jack's case, that must principally lie with the Peterborough promotion.

• Like 1

Why is SCB so bitter?

Didn't see him moaning when Shamek pulled a sickie in 2010 so he could stay at reserve for the play-offs.

Maybe more energy should be focused towards trying to return speedway at Coventry.

The whole league is bitter against a joke of a promotion,,,, which includes you.

Fans expect a competitive team to ride against and be entertained by riders giving their all. I really feel sorry for the genuine Peterborough fans who spend their hard earnt money week after week to be fed bull crap from a management team which includes you.

As for the Coventry dig,,,, just about your inept level of intelligence 👊🏼👊🏼💦💦

I think you have a very fair point here, but lets not forget Jack was given permission to miss meetings by his promoter, Chris wasn't.

If we are looking at blame in Jack's case, that must principally lie with the Peterborough promotion.

Agree.

Going forward cases such as these may have serious implications for those riders needing visas. It is the UK authorities granting these visas to allow riders to live here. I can imagine the UKVI taking a dim view on proceedings. I'm not sure how many riders from outside the UK gain access to European leagues without having a UK visa. Hancock maybe? Could see that number increasing if the UKVI start to refuse visas based on lack of appearances for UK teams.

• Like 2

Should just change his name to Jacek Holdski, problem solved, he could then ride over here as a Pole, who we bend over backwards to get riding in the UK.

• Like 1

It's mitigation maybe but the rule doesn't say, "can swan off with your clubs permission". So there should still be a punishment and a precedent has been set with his brother.

Going forward cases such as these may have serious implications for those riders needing visas. It is the UK authorities granting these visas to allow riders to live here. I can imagine the UKVI taking a dim view on proceedings. I'm not sure how many riders from outside the UK gain access to European leagues without having a UK visa. Hancock maybe? Could see that number increasing if the UKVI start to refuse visas based on lack of appearances for UK teams.

British visas make naff all difference to Polish/Swedish visa and vice-versa. I have no idea where people have got this idea that riders need to ride in the UK for visas on the continent. We don't rule the World or Europe, despite what some people may claim.