British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
PHILIPRISING

Pick A Dane

IF you had to hand a wild card to a Danish rider for the 2018 SGP series, who would it be? On Polish league form, which is probably as good a guide as any, then Leon Madsen might be the man.

NEITHER pulling up any grass in the SGP right now

And don't expect anything more from Madsen.Always seems to disappoint in big meetings.Tbh i wouldn't take much from Polish averages.They have only done about 12 meetings and in the British league the averages were only starting to settle down at that stage in the good old days :P

IF you had to hand a wild card to a Danish rider for the 2018 SGP series, who would it be? On Polish league form, which is probably as good a guide as any, then Leon Madsen might be the man.

Madsen has been hopeless in the SEC so far this year. Hard to imagine him doing much in the SGP series if he can't cope with the riders in the SEC.
  • Like 4

Going by Polish form you'd have to say Madsen, scoring as impressive a maximum as you're likely to see against Zielona Gora the other week.

But as others have said he's prone to 'going missing' in the big meetings.

I'd go with MJJ who is having a decent year and has proved he can win gp's.

Going by Polish form you'd have to say Madsen, scoring as impressive a maximum as you're likely to see against Zielona Gora the other week.

But as others have said he's prone to 'going missing' in the big meetings.

I'd go with MJJ who is having a decent year and has proved he can win gp's.

Uhm yeah sure, :rolleyes: As far as I am concerned he have been rubbish all season long. He is 48th in the Swedish rider ranking for 2017.

Neither Iversen or KIldemand are good choices but they are less bad choices then MJJ or Michelsen.

NKI the Danish Champ, and whilst he's not pulling up any trees in the GP's he's shown enough in the past couple of years to get a pick if required.

Neither if both Kildemand and Madsen finish top 3 in the Grand Prix challenge.

Puk. Struggling in the gps but there isn't a weak rider in that field. Milder an is struggling more, Madsen is doing no better in the vastly weaker SEC, MJJ hasn't done anything to deserve it, Bjerre like Madsen Nor setting SEC alight. Maybe Nicki but didn't he get one for this year? And hard to see him come back now as a real force even if injury recovery allows it.

NKI or Pedersen. The latter puts bums on seats.

Someone always has to finish last and some have to be down the lower reachs of the series.

The SGP this year is so strong that those finding themselves in that position at GPs are still a lot better than those outside at the moment.

NKI should definitely get the pick over Madsen for that reason alone.

Pedersen should be evaluated according to what else he brings to the series.

If he can still mix it with the best then his 'panto villain' status gets the vote.

But if he cannot get back to that level of performance then he would be a rather sad figure; so be let go..

Edited by Grand Central

If the World Cup is anything to go by, then Madsen is unable to perform on the big stage.

Still NKI for me. Unless Nicki P can get back to fitness.

All the best

Rob

Edited by lucifer sam

Someone always has to finish last and some have to be down the lower reachs of the series.

The SGP this year is so strong that those finding themselves in that position at GPs are still a lot better than those outside at the moment.

NKI should definitely get the pick over Madsen for that reason alone.

Pedersen should be evaluated according to what else he brings to the series.

If he can still mix it with the best then his 'panto villain' status gets the vote.

But if he cannot get back to that level of performance then he would be a rather sad figure; so be let go..

Is the GP really that strong this year? I keep reading this, but I'm not so sure. It's certainly more even, and maybe stronger at the bottom end than some years, but I'm not convinced it's so strong as in the past.

Is Doyle better than Crump? Is Janowski better than Gollob? Lindgren better than Rickardsson? Pedersen a few years back was better than any Dane in this year's competition. Woffinden now not quite as strong as Woffinden a couple of years ago.

A good, even competition though.

If the Danes need a wildcard I'd go for Nicki if fit.