Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
PHILIPRISING

Pick A Dane

Neither pulling any Trees you mean.

If you're going to be pedantic, surely it would be "pulling up any trees."

It amuses me when you of all people correct other people's phrasing or spelling. Oe are you trying to set a president?

• Like 5

Watch the SEC. All the Danes involved are terrible. Iversen has been my favourite GP rider for a few years simply down to his plucky never say die attitude & style, he has been Danish Champion for the last 7 years straight. He has won GP's. The SGP needs a Dane. He is the only sensible choice. They needed a Swede a few years ago & chose THJ, how did that work out? Last every event pretty much. Madsen, MJJ just no, had their chance & didn't deliver. I do have a horrible feeling that in ten years the SGP will be 10 Poles & 5 also rans from the most profitable nations.

Watch the SEC. All the Danes involved are terrible. Iversen has been my favourite GP rider for a few years simply down to his plucky never say die attitude & style, he has been Danish Champion for the last 7 years straight. He has won GP's. The SGP needs a Dane. He is the only sensible choice. They needed a Swede a few years ago & chose THJ, how did that work out? Last every event pretty much. Madsen, MJJ just no, had their chance & didn't deliver. I do have a horrible feeling that in ten years the SGP will be 10 Poles & 5 also rans from the most profitable nations.

They needed a Brit a few years back and chose Tai Woffinden. How did that work out?

They needed a Brit a few years back and chose Tai Woffinden. How did that work out?

He came 14th in 2010, 16 points ahead of Emil Safutinov who only rode 4 of the 11 rounds.

They wanted Nicholls in the series the first year but BSPA said they'd ban him if he took part (even without missing UK fixtures), so couldn't. The catalyst for him withdrawing from World Cup.

Edited by SPEEDY69

Another mediocre effort from Madsen.Doesn't deserve a GP place handed to him.He just doesn't have what it takes.Just a shame the Danes are fairly average all round at the moment

I'd go with MJJ who is having a decent year and has proved he can win gp's.

Uhm yeah sure, :rolleyes: As far as I am concerned he have been rubbish all season long. He is 48th in the Swedish rider ranking for 2017.

Neither Iversen or KIldemand are good choices but they are less bad choices then MJJ or Michelsen.

Top Dane in the challenge..not such a daft choice after all, was it?

Top Dane in the challenge..not such a daft choice after all, was it?

It was and still is. Just because someone is having a good day in the GPC doesn't mean that they are a good fit for the SGP.

I stick with my opinion that he have been very mediocre this season and doesn't deserve a wild card.

It was and still is. Just because someone is having a good day in the GPC doesn't mean that they are a good fit for the SGP.

I stick with my opinion that he have been very mediocre this season and doesn't deserve a wild card.

No Dane deserves a wild card imo, but he's got 10 years on Iversen who's basically finished as a title contender.

At least Jensen still has time to improve.

You have to decide which Dane is going to have a good 2018. As I see it the options are

Iversen

Pedersen

Madsen

MJJ

I think we all agree that Madsen just can't cut it in the GPs/individually. So he's out.

Pedersen has the class but does he have the fitness any more? It's a few seasons of constant injury now. TBH he should be looking at retirement. For me it'll be a sad day when he's not upsetting people in the GPs but he's just not done it for years now.

MJJ, I'm a fan of. Think he's a great little rider with a nice, slightly different style. But he found his level about 4 or 5 years ago now and hasn't kicked on.

Puk, he's not having a great year and last year wasn't a huge amount better. But I think of all the Danes he's the one I think is most likely to step it up and have a good 2018.

Kildemand. After a really bright start to his GP life, where he seemed to make finals for fun he just hasn't been the same since he actually got a full season. Could do it, but has a habit of doing stupid things. Could be great yet could be abysmal.

For me, Puk, Nicki, Kildemand, MJJ, Madsen in that order.

Well after the rigours of the GP challenge we still have 2 Dane's to find for wild card picks.

Think they will go for the safe option of Pedersen and Iversen should Nicki wish to continue.

Hancock and Holder for the other 2 should they not make the top 8

Well after the rigours of the GP challenge we still have 2 Dane's to find for wild card picks.

Think they will go for the safe option of Pedersen and Iversen should Nicki wish to continue.

Hancock and Holder for the other 2 should they not make the top 8

Why do we need 2 Danes??

I know we have 2 Swedes and now likely 2 Brits but they have qualified on merit.

In my opinion none of the wild cards will be new riders to the series.

Hancock and Holder as past world champions deserve at least 1 wild card

Iversen is now out for the season and should get 1 as well.

This leaves 1 space which will either go to Nicki P, Lindback, Zagar or Pawlicki

No Dane deserves a wild card imo, but he's got 10 years on Iversen who's basically finished as a title contender.

At least Jensen still has time to improve.

Why is he finished as a title contender??

Hancock went 13 years between titles, and even had to go through the challenge one year...............would have been easy to say he was finished.

Who would have thought Lindgren would be doing as well as he has.

In the last 4 years Iversen has been 3rd , 11th (when missing the last 3 rounds) 4th and 8th.

Yes this season he hasnt been as good but surely he deserves a wildcard.

And MJJ??? There are 3 Danes ahead of him in Iversen, Pedersen and Kildemand. MJJ hasnt kicked on at all and should not be in a GP series

Hasn't been much talk about the August 14 Extraleaga individual that Madsen won. In the final he finished half a straight away in front of Zmarlick, Dudek and (senior moment). I know Madsen has been a bit erratic but if he gets his s... all in the same pile he can run with the best. Maybe someone can tell me why he has no sponsors on his bike. He gets my vote for the GP.

Hasn't been much talk about the August 14 Extraleaga individual that Madsen won. In the final he finished half a straight away in front of Zmarlick, Dudek and (senior moment). I know Madsen has been a bit erratic but if he gets his s... all in the same pile he can run with the best. Maybe someone can tell me why he has no sponsors on his bike. He gets my vote for the GP.

Madsen can be one of the fastest riders around when he's in the mood, as you say who beats Zmarzlik by half a lap?

Unfortunately he's very unpredictable and just as likely to come last by half a lap!

Saying that, I'd still put him or MJJ in ahead of Iversen and Kildemand just for a change if nothing else, as the Danes are all much of a muchness these days.

There is always the Nicki option but that would just be a 'pity pick' based on past glories, and the fact he puts bums on seats...Personally I think he's mad to carry on riding, knowing that one more crash could cause permanent damage to his arm.

Think we will need another Swede as a wildcard to add to the 2 Danes . Have a feeling young Pawlicki will take 8th spot in the series to leave us needing 2 Danes and 1 Swede to for fill the usual quota system . Could be bad news for Holder if Hancock wants a wildcard. Imagine 5 Poles in the series proper plus 1 wildcard making 6 for the Polish rounds