9. Przemyslaw Pawlicki
10. Artem Laguta
11. Craig Cook

12. Greg Hancock
13. Peter Kildemand/Michael Jepsen Jensen
14. Leon Madsen/Kenneth Bjerre
15. Chris Holder/Matej Zagar

Selections 13 and 14 will / should be nowhere near the GP's

Hancock and Holder are the two most obvious wildcard picks in the history of obviousness ever.

Anybody who says otherwise must be clinically insane.

Class me clinically insane then, Holder is a shadow of his former self.

Class me clinically insane then, Holder is a shadow of his former self.

Well it is the Monster Energy Speedway Grand Prix and they are two of the flagship riders that Monster sponsor - Seems a no brainer that they would be in regardless of their current form / age. Based on the usual decisions made in the interests of speedway of course!

Wouldn't say insane, maybe naïve.

Well it is the Monster Energy Speedway Grand Prix and they are two of the flagship riders that Monster sponsor - Seems a no brainer that they would be in regardless of their current form / age. Based on the usual decisions made in the interests of speedway of course!

Wouldn't say insane, maybe naïve.

With Woffinden and Dudek on their roster, they won't be too worried.

With Woffinden and Dudek on their roster, they won't be too worried.

True, but with the Pawlicki's and Magic sporting Red Bull apparel I'd be amazed if they didn't want to outnumber the opposition with their own riders

Not sure I agree re holder. Next year it will be 5 full seasons since he was world champ and he hasn't finished top 3 since then. His league form this year has been pretty poor everywhere.

Hancock plus a Dane are nailed on. The question then is whether if holder finishes outside the top 10 of he has done anything to deserve a wildcard over riders who finish above him?

Don't get me wrong I'd like to see him back next year and think he will get a WC. But I would say he is far from a clear cut pick.

Hancock I agree with 100%

I'd forgotten that Holder needed a pick in 2014, I thought he'd qualified every year like Greg. He's also finished 8th three times.

He's still pretty much nailed on I'd say but I'm not so certain now.

After this season it would be absolute poetry if Holder doesn't get an SGP wildcard and then get's dumped by Monster.

True, but with the Pawlicki's and Magic sporting Red Bull apparel I'd be amazed if they didn't want to outnumber the opposition with their own riders

ON'T think Monster are bothered by that and, of course, they may not be around for much longer. Contract up for renewal shortly.

I still am of the very firm opinion that the SGP is over and out for Greg and Nicki.

1. a dane

2. Milik

3. Lebedevs

4. 9th placed rider.

I still believe Lebedevs and Milik would be a better choice then Mr Gating Grin. They would add allot more to the SGP-series then a gating grin.
Like overtaking (which Greg isn't very good at). But this forum is very conservative and very afraid of changes (just like BSI) so everyone

wants the same riders just for the sake of it. You are way too sentimental. Let go of the old and welcome the new young guns.

• Like 1

I still am of the very firm opinion that the SGP is over and out for Greg and Nicki.

1. a dane

2. Milik

3. Lebedevs

4. 9th placed rider.

I still believe Lebedevs and Milik would be a better choice then Mr Gating Grin. They would add allot more to the SGP-series then a gating grin.

Like overtaking (which Greg isn't very good at). But this forum is very conservative and very afraid of changes (just like BSI) so everyone

wants the same riders just for the sake of it. You are way too sentimental. Let go of the old and welcome the new young guns.

Im not an admirer of Hancock but i think you are talking absolute tosh.

If you dont believe that he should have a world card as the current world champion whose season has been cut short then i dont get that at all.

I want to see the best riders in the world, sometimes the gp challenge doesnt give us that, but then we can make sure we get the wildcards right.

Milik is clearly not ready for a gp series and Lebedevs either. Laguta and Cook may well struggle but at least they qualified

Hancock definately deserves one but not Holder he's a shadow of the rider of 5 years ago. Seems to have lost the bottle to mix it. Understandable but there's better choices out there

And what about Nicki? You've all written him off. But should he get fit and come back fighting, does he deserve a wildcard?

Aren't you glad you're not the one dishing out these discretionary places in next year's World Championship?

Both Greg and Iversen are saying they want to ride again this year. That should give some indication of how they are riding. I wouldnt be surprised if Nicki got back riding this year as well. So thats potentially 3 wild cards. The other could be the 9th man in the GPs which could be Piotr Pawlicki - which makes it about right, what with 3 newcomers from the GP Challenge.

Time for some fresh young talent in 2018. There should be no place for sentiment. Hancock & Pedersen have had a fantastic run & should be remembered as great champions but there time has passed.

Holder, Zagar & Iversen are just not cutting it this year & unless they find form & the hit top 8 should be dropped.

Be good to see the likes of Lebdevs & Milick (sp!) in there.

• Like 1

So you're saying that the current world champion's time has passed. :rofl: