Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
TheReturn

Sgp Wildcards 2018

We could just let more rides in.

If you come last twice in a GP you're out......

Hang on. We tried that daft idea didn't we?

Prequalify each round? Then we could have all our heat leaders missing the whole week of a GP.

The truth is. It's a bit like democracy. What we have ain't perfect but it's about as good as we're going to make it. Look at the line up this year. It has been the best ever (my opinion). I said it at the start of the year. Whoever wins it this year will deserve it (and I'm not one of his fans, damn it),

• Like 3

My tips

Assuming that Freddie won't require a pick, if he does he'll replace my #4 below

Noting that Holder, Iverson, Kildeman, and Lindback have all averaged in 2017 less than it usually takes to qualify for the Semis -

so too Hancock, but he's likely to get cut more slack than the others.

Milik has from 3 GP's averaged 10.33 with a Finals appearance. Vaculik's GP win might give him an edge if its tight for last spot.

1. Hancock 2. A Dane - MJJ?, (or toss a coin - NKI/LM/PK/NP) 3. Milik 4. 2017 SGP #9

Hancock

NKI

NP

FL (if he needs it-he may hang on to 8th)

Milik, Lebedevs Fricke will be the first 3 reserves

I don't think there is any way Vaculik will score 18 points in Australia, so Lindgren's spot is assured.

Either way I would say both (Lindgren & Vaculik) deserve a Wildcard.

Hancock deserves a Wildcard.

A Dane will get a Wildcard. I'd chose Iversen if fully fit, if not then Jepsen-Jensen. Sorry Pedersen fans, he just wasn't looking competitive this year. And Madsen has never done anything to suggest he would be competitive at GP level.

Then it is to me, a straight choice between Milik & Lebedevs. And I would give it to whichever one wins the SEC, unless Jonsson or Laguta overhaul both in which case I would give it choose Milik for his performances in the GP's this year.

Both Holder & Lindback have has dire series. The only form Lindback has shown all year was at the SWC, when he was admittedly superb.

Wildcards for me should be

Hancock

Holder

Iversen

Milik

Vaculik hasnt had a great season neither has Holder but past performances give Holder the edge imo,milik surely has to be nailed on probably the best rider outside the series atm.

MJJ, Vaculik, Fricke and Milik ....

NKI, Nicki P and Hancock have had their day imo, lets have young fresh blood to brighten things up...

• Like 1

MJJ, Vaculik, Fricke and Milik ....

NKI, Nicki P and Hancock have had their day imo, lets have young fresh blood to brighten things up...

I'd say that whoever of Lebedevs and Milik finished highest in SEC should get one. Milik good in the few SGP:s he rode but Lebedebs were really great in SWC.

As for MJJ, he have been descent in Poland but pretty poor in Sweden so I don't think he'll be a good choice,

Holder haven't showed anything that makes him more deserving of a wild card then Vaculik but whoever finish 9th should get it.

Too late to change the format now but why not have qualifying races before the meeting (say the afternoon on the day of the meeting) for those outside the top eight. Throw in a couple of local riders as well and then hopefully the main meeting will be a competitive affair. The track can then be prepared for the evening meeting. This also makes it better for the fans as an event to attend.

Too late to change the format now but why not have qualifying races before the meeting (say the afternoon on the day of the meeting) for those outside the top eight. Throw in a couple of local riders as well and then hopefully the main meeting will be a competitive affair. The track can then be prepared for the evening meeting. This also makes it better for the fans as an event to attend.

More riders means more expense.

Plus would you want to travel to Australia for maybe only a couple of rides?

Milik deserves a slot IMO.Holder does not.

I agree. Holder was dire again on Saturday but Milik was mixing with the best. Sorry Holder fans but he's gone.

"Throw in a couple of local riders"? More farce-making for the "circus"

I'm going to go with Milik, Lebedevs, Madsen and Piotre Pawlicki. I feel funny saying this (as an American) but if Hancock could give a better interview and be a little sincere once in a while maybe......

Milik: has a descent showing in his GP rides, plus the Golden helmet winner and a very good chance in the SEC.

Lebedevs: An exciting rider who would liven things up a bit as seen in the SWC.

Madson: When he's on he can ride with anyone.....although inconsistent. But aren't a majority of the current riders inconsistent?

Piotre Pawlicki: You won't find a tougher rider, a very good rider and IMO deserves another season.

I have to say that I was very impressed with Frick's speed and the Wild Cards performance in the GP in Torun.

"Throw in a couple of local riders"? More farce-making for the "circus"

Remind me again which world final didn't feature at least one local rider?

I don't think there is any way Vaculik will score 18 points in Australia, so Lindgren's spot is assured.

Either way I would say both (Lindgren & Vaculik) deserve a Wildcard.

Hancock deserves a Wildcard.

A Dane will get a Wildcard. I'd chose Iversen if fully fit, if not then Jepsen-Jensen. Sorry Pedersen fans, he just wasn't looking competitive this year. And Madsen has never done anything to suggest he would be competitive at GP level.

Then it is to me, a straight choice between Milik & Lebedevs. And I would give it to whichever one wins the SEC, unless Jonsson or Laguta overhaul both in which case I would give it choose Milik for his performances in the GP's this year.

Both Holder & Lindback have has dire series. The only form Lindback has shown all year was at the SWC, when he was admittedly superb.

This post most closely mirrors my thinking.

So Hancock, Vaculik, Iversen and Milik are my picks with Lebedevs, MJJ or Kildemand and Fricke as the reserves.