British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
TheReturn

Sgp Wildcards 2018

I'd still go with

1. Vaculik (9th placed rider)
  2. Lebedevs (SEC champion, excellent performance in SWC+leagues)
  3. Leon Madsen (best Danish rider this season)
  4. Milik or Fricke

Milik should not get a wild card ahead of Lebedevs IMO, especially not if you take into account their respectively permanences at SWC

Greg, Nicki and Iversen? Nah they've had their years. Bring in some exciting fresh blood.

And Madsen has never done anything to suggest he would be competitive at GP level.

Madsen is no.4 in Polish EkstraLiga 2017 averages...in front of Jason Doyle, etc.,

Milik should not get a wild card ahead of Lebedevs IMO, especially not if you take into account their respectively permanences at SWC

Why performance in SWC should determine SGP wild card for this or other rider. Tell me why.

In my opinion performance throughtout the year in the world top three leagues (Polish,Swedish,Danish/British(?) competion should be taken into consideration

• Like 1

And Madsen has never done anything to suggest he would be competitive at GP level.

Madsen is no.4 in Polish EkstraLiga 2017 averages...in front of Jason Doyle, etc.,

But he wasn't in front of Jason Doyle in the biggest league in the World

The Grand Prix

• Like 1

But he wasn't in front of Jason Doyle in the biggest league in the World

The Grand Prix

Don't make me laugh. Of course he wasn't...and you should know why.

Why performance in SWC should determine SGP wild card for this or other rider. Tell me why.

In my opinion performance throughtout the year in the world top three leagues (Polish,Swedish,Danish/British(?) competion should be taken into consideration

Everyone has an opinion and they're entitled to reveal it but none of us are selectors and none of our opinions are superior to any other. We should know in the next few days.

I never said that SWC alone should decide wild card (that is just your assumption) but SWC should be a part of the merits that one should look

at when deciding who should get a wild card. SEC and the leagues should also be taken into account.

I never said that SWC alone should decide wild card (that is just your assumption) but SWC should be a part of the merits that one should look

at when deciding who should get a wild card. SEC and the leagues should also be taken into account.

I value your above opinion...but the exchange started when you said that "Madsen has never done anything to suggest he would be competitive at GP level"

My reply was that he has, and I backed it up by saying that in the 2017 EkstraLiga averages is ranked at no. 4.... (before Jason Doyle), and that proves to me that he can mix with the best.

I don't think there is any way Vaculik will score 18 points in Australia, so Lindgren's spot is assured.

Either way I would say both (Lindgren & Vaculik) deserve a Wildcard.

Hancock deserves a Wildcard.

A Dane will get a Wildcard. I'd chose Iversen if fully fit, if not then Jepsen-Jensen. Sorry Pedersen fans, he just wasn't looking competitive this year. And Madsen has never done anything to suggest he would be competitive at GP level.

Then it is to me, a straight choice between Milik & Lebedevs. And I would give it to whichever one wins the SEC, unless Jonsson or Laguta overhaul both in which case I would give it choose Milik for his performances in the GP's this year.

Both Holder & Lindback have has dire series. The only form Lindback has shown all year was at the SWC, when he was admittedly superb.

I'd still go with

4. Milik or Fricke

Greg, Nicki and Iversen? Nah they've had their years. Bring in some exciting fresh blood.

I value your above opinion...but the exchange started when you said that "Madsen has never done anything to suggest he would be competitive at GP level"

My reply was that he has, and I backed it up by saying that in the 2017 EkstraLiga averages is ranked at no. 4.... (before Jason Doyle), and that proves to me that he can mix with the best.

I did not say that, Col did. As you also can see above, I suggested a wild card to Madsen since he have been the best Dane this season.

Edited by Ghostwalker

I'd still go with

4. Milik or Fricke

Vaculik absolutely yes, I fully agree, Milik I agree, but don't forget from Denmark Nicki & Iversen have definitely more to offer than Madsen ....

Hope for Nicki P, Vaculik, Milik plus an one other.

When is the announcement due?

think the ss said the meeting of officials making the decision was sunday am after the grand prix

I did not say that, Col did. As you also can see above, I suggested a wild card to Madsen since he have been the best Dane this season.

MADSEN didn't win the Danish Championship which surely determines their best rider. Had his chance in the GP Challenge.

think the ss said the meeting of officials making the decision was sunday am after the grand prix

DOESN'T follow that they will announce the names immediately