British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
TheReturn

Sgp Wildcards 2018

MADSEN didn't win the Danish Championship which surely determines their best rider. Had his chance in the GP Challenge.

DOESN'T follow that they will announce the names immediately

Winning the national title doesnt make you the best rider in that nation in-fact it doesnt really have any meaning at all

• Like 1

Greg, Nicki and Iversen? Nah they've had their years. Bring in some exciting fresh blood.

Never, ever thought I'd hear you, of all people, say that. Shame on you! :P

Edited by June01
  • Like 1

Tungate is the Big Sam Allerdyce of speedway. Unbeaten.

Winning the national title doesnt make you the best rider in that nation in-fact it doesnt really have any meaning at all

TRY telling NKI that...

Hancock pedersen vaculik lebedevs would be my picks. If not lebedevs then puk or milik.

Madden has had a great league season, but mediocre in SEC. possibly he has been the best Danish rider this season, but Puk and pedersen whose seasons were curtailed bybinjury have much stronger claims for the wildcard.

Hancock, Pedersen, Lebedevs / Milik would be my picks. We'll soon know who guessed right...

They usually pick the 9th & 10th riders so that brings in Vaculik & Holder. I would also invite Hancock to return if he is able and willing to continue because he scored 45 points from 6 GPs which equates to 90 if he had ridden in all 12 which is more than Holder. My 4th wild card would then be Lebedevs.

Hancock, Pedersen, Lebedevs / Milik would be my picks. We'll soon know who guessed right...

It would be great to see Pedersen back in SGP as the guy is box office, but is he really deserving of a pick as in the only two GP`s he competed in his results were poor and it looked unlikely he would be anywhere near the top eight at that time. Pedersen`s pick should go to Millik IMO.

Vaculik

Hancock

Iversen

Milik

Most deserving quartet probably holder will get last spot though.

Going back to Holder, its claimed (rightly) 9th and 10th almost always get a wildcard but lets not forget than Hancock, Pedersen and Iversen missed rounds and at least Hancock would have finished ahead of Holder so in reality he was 11th best rider in this seasons GPs, possible 13th in Iversen and Pedersen has been even slightly better than crap which isnt impossible.

Afraid hes ruled out for me.

Hancock, Vaculik, Milík and one of Pedersen or Iversen, Iversen probably the better rider, Nicki more likely to do something silly and entertain us.

The loser of Pedersen/Iversen as first reserve, followed by Lebdevs and Fricke

Edited by SCB

Holder being given a wildcard would be a travesty. His GP form was average at best this season, poor in fact. Last night he looked totally disinterested.

Going back to Holder, its claimed (rightly) 9th and 10th almost always get a wildcard but lets not forget than Hancock, Pedersen and Iversen missed rounds and at least Hancock would have finished ahead of Holder so in reality he was 11th best rider in this seasons GPs, possible 13th in Iversen and Pedersen has been even slightly better than crap which isnt impossible.

Afraid hes ruled out for me.

Hancock, Vaculik, Milík and one of Pedersen or Iversen, Iversen probably the better rider, Nicki more likely to do something silly and entertain us.

The loser of Pedersen/Iversen as first reserve, followed by Lebdevs and Fricke

Due to injuries. it could be claimed that Holder has finished 10th out of 12, rather than 10th out of 15. And a poor tenth as well - nowhere near the eighth-placed rider.

It would be very disappointing if Holder was awarded a wildcard ahead of Vaculik.

All the best

Rob

• Like 5

Holder being given a wildcard would be a travesty. His GP form was average at best this season, poor in fact. Last night he looked totally disinterested.

Maybe he`s been tipped a wink he has one of the wild card picks.