British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
TheReturn

Sgp Wildcards 2018

Hoping the suggested picks is a rumour only, disgraceful if true. Why would parties who aren't in the selection process know what's going on prior to it happening?

1. Hancock

2. A Dane - MJJ for mine

3. SGP #9 Vaculik

4. Milik

Reserves when announced,

1. Lebedevs

2. Thorsell

3. Fricke or a Dane

Gollob (39)

Hancock (41)

Holder (25)

Woffinden (23)

Hancock (44)

Woffinden (25)

Hancock (46)

Doyle (32)

All best

Rob

Yeah, I knew the answer Rob. Further, every year this decade (until this year) a rider outside the 25-35 age group finished on the podium.
  • Like 1

With Holder, haven't seen it mentioned anywhere that without him (or A.N.Other Aussie), we are down to one Australian in the Championship. Also something to bear in mind, given that we are talking about a Dane being a certainty for the same reason (albeit that they have 0 rather than one) and they still have a contract with Melbourne for another 2 years.

Edited by Welwyn

With Holder, haven't seen it mentioned anywhere that without him (or A.N.Other Aussie), we are down to one Australian in the Championship. Also something to bear in mind, given that we are talking about a Dane being a certainty for the same reason (albeit that they have 0 rather than one) and they still have a contract with Melbourne for another 2 years.

Who cares if we just have one Aussie.

That's plenty.

Especially as he is World Champion.

I wouldn't worry about Melbourne.

If it does go there again there will be plenty of local 'fillers' drafted in by that time of year.

Just like this year and before.

Don't allow his buddies to make up a false excuse for keeping Holder in.

Edited by Grand Central
  • Like 3

Agree about Holder, with regards to sponsors being involved, really not that unusual across a lot of sports. Not that would make it right of course. However, I certainly think having a major sponsor like Monster is a good thing tho. And case in point is this years world champion is not a monster rider...

I agree it's good that a sponsor has stood by the SGP. Speedway is not exactly overflowing with big sponsors. I just don't think it's right that they also sponsor some of the riders, yes it's good for those riders but surely there is a conflict of interest there.

Even if it's all above board it looks bad imo and there will always be suspicion of them.

• Like 1

I really do wonder how long it will take to get the news about wildcards for 2018? But if they really give 1 to Chris Holder ???

Many different thoughts on selections , I think milik. Leberdev deserve a slot and as strange as the choice is if you want to put in a genuine title contender rune holta , he may be past it age wise but as anyone who watches extraleague will tell you he has made some top riders look like novices with his speed , he is ridiculously fast , if holder gets a pick the monster obviously have influence , Hancock and pedersen both or neither , vaculick and iversen pretty much the same , mjj or madsen or p pawlicki outsiders , My personal pick hancock pedersen milik leberdev

• Like 1

Big Rune fan and its been great to see him still banging in the performances. However, a few years ago when he was one of the top 8 on a regular basis, he knew if he ever slipped out of the top 8 he was unlikely to get a pick as his dual national status counted against him. Was probably the reason why his late season performances were always so strong as he knew he needed to qualify by right, whereas other riders knew their nationality would help them get selected.

A situation mirrored somewhat this year with the respective showings towards the end of the series of Zagar and Holder.

Edited by salty
  • Like 1

Another lovely tweet from that vile prat Ward.

I think nicki deserves one. Gets another chance. 3x wc hope he gets smoked tho.

Short memory does Mr Ward. He wasn't saying that when Nicki offered to auction a race suit for his fund.

• Like 9

Short memory does Mr Ward. He wasn't saying that when Nicki offered to auction a race suit for his fund.

I thought the tweet was quite "nice" and had a good vibe to it. Until the finger in the very end. :lol: Edited by f-s-p
  • Like 1

as much as i like Pedersen & Holder, i think it's time they actually went through the qualifiers to prove themselves, Pedersen after injury, Holder after form drop.

Having to ride qualifiers will possibly push them to turn things around which would be good for not only them, but us the spectators. Both are 100% capable but need to be out of the comfort zone

• Like 3

I want Nicki and Milik in. Including Milik makes the political puzzle of it all quite challenging, but not my problem, thank god! :D

Darcy never grew up as a human being so we should not have high expectations of his thinking process ( 17 year old boy comes to mind )

I really do wonder how long it will take to get the news about wildcards for 2018? But if they really give 1 to Chris Holder ???

Monster financial pressure will likely secure Holder a wildcard.

Would love to see Nicki in if he was mixing it but he's dip in form before the injury and then the injury I really think he will taint his past achievements if he does get in next year

• Like 1