British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
TheReturn

Sgp Wildcards 2018

I dont think any rider that has completed all GP's this season and has still finished outside the top 8 should be considered for a wild card....that makes a mockery of Zagars brilliant finish/efforts???

I agree that Greg and Niki should get one (due to injury)

and niels then surely

9, 9, 7, 3, 3, 7 and 6 points until injury, so surely not... he was bottom of the standings when he got injured wasn't he?!

It must be so good to have friends in the right places.

Dreadful decision, if true.

hancock yes holder no dont deserved
  • Like 2

I hope that Holder getting a Wildcard is just a wind up just like it was a few years back when it was speculated that Kennett was a pick?

• Like 1

I have no doubt that, that monster Joe will have a huge say.......

If true, a monstrous decision.
  • Like 5

If Chris Holder gets a wildcard then that confirms two things.

The wildcard picks are bordering on a joke and Monster - who I dislike vehemently - have a say.

How the main sponsor of a championship can also be the main sponsor of some participants has always been beyond me.

Utter joke.

There aren't enough picks in terms of who I'd like to see get one, but Hancock is a must.

Iversen too for me.

Nicki as a three time World Champion probably warrants one last go, whilst Vaculik, Milik and Lebedevs have valid cases.

Holder is so far down the list it's untrue.

• Like 7

If Chris Holder gets a wildcard then that confirms two things.

The wildcard picks are bordering on a joke and Monster - who I dislike vehemently - have a say.

How the main sponsor of a championship can also be the main sponsor of some participants has always been beyond me.

Utter joke.

There aren't enough picks in terms of who I'd like to see get one, but Hancock is a must.

Iversen too for me.

Nicki as a three time World Champion probably warrants one last go, whilst Vaculik, Milik and Lebedevs have valid cases.

Holder is so far down the list it's untrue.

Agree about Holder, with regards to sponsors being involved, really not that unusual across a lot of sports. Not that would make it right of course. However, I certainly think having a major sponsor like Monster is a good thing tho. And case in point is this years world champion is not a monster rider...

Edited by RPNYC

Uhmmmm..... That's a very disturbing group of wild card picks if true. The pick of Holder is an embarrassment and reeks of 'outside pressures' and it looks like Hancocks cunning plan on not making any attempt to come back from an injury that normally keeps people out for just a few weeks, has worked too!! Always been good to see Niki in the GP's but I fear that he may will be a waste of a space too and that after having on paper, arguably the strongest ever GP line up at the start of this year, next year could be the complete opposite! :(

Uhmmmm..... That's a very disturbing group of wild card picks if true. The pick of Holder is an embarrassment and reeks of 'outside pressures' and it looks like Hancocks cunning plan on not making any attempt to come back from an injury that normally keeps people out for just a few weeks, has worked too!! Always been good to see Niki in the GP's but I fear that he may will be a waste of a space too and that after having on paper, arguably the strongest ever GP line up at the start of this year, next year could be the complete opposite! :(

Maybe you should email the current World Champion and ask his opinion of recurring shoulder dislocations. Also you have to remember Hancock in speedway terms is a fully paid up member of the overthehill gang so will take longer to recover.

IMO neither Hancock or Pedersen should get picks. The GP is a 25-35yrs olds game

Both past their best and in reality should think about the future, their health and families.

So that's them joint top next season then !

Maybe it's time for the bottom 8 in the GP including the reserve/replacements if they've done enough to score more than a GP regular to face the top 8 in the GP challenge. Top 7 qualify

Edited by Triple.H.
  • Like 1

Gp is a 25-35 year old game? How many world champions this decade do you think have come from inside that age range vs those outside it?

• Like 1

Gp is a 25-35 year old game? How many world champions this decade do you think have come from inside that age range vs those outside it?

Gollob (39)

Hancock (41)

Holder (25)

Woffinden (23)

Hancock (44)

Woffinden (25)

Hancock (46)

Doyle (32)

All best

Rob