British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
TheReturn

Sgp Wildcards 2018

Time for some fresh young talent in 2018. There should be no place for sentiment. Hancock & Pedersen have had a fantastic run & should be remembered as great champions but there time has passed.

Holder, Zagar & Iversen are just not cutting it this year & unless they find form & the hit top 8 should be dropped.

Be good to see the likes of Lebdevs & Milick (sp!) in there.

But you got fresh talent in 2018 - Pzem Pawlicki, Artum Laguta and potentially Craig Cook - I think 3 fresh ones are sufficient, after all fresh ones dont usually cut the mustard in their first year of GP's (Zmarzlick apart). Any more and the 2018 GPs could fall flat on its face after such a good 2017.

Riding in 12 gps in a year at the very top level every couple or three weeks is different to being good in the Polish/Swedish leagues

My observations regarding riders form this season is that some are getting left behind in the ENGINE TUNERS CHAMPIONSHIP.Lots of panic starting to set in.Wrong tuner poor results. IMO .

Zagar got to get a card now he has won a GP. Holder improving but not deserving.

• Like 1

I agree, Marky, Zagar cert for a wild card if he doesnt finish top 8 - and he and Vaculick could take Zmarzlik down a couple places if he doesnt perfom in the last meetings.

Zagar said after last nights GP that he is worthy of getting a wildcard,but he wants to earn a top 8 place and that early season he made the wrong decisions regarding his bikes

«Ich wäre es wert, dass man mir eine Wildcard gibt», ist der 34-Jährige überzeugt. «Aber ich will nicht darauf warten. Im Sport geht es um Siege, Siege machen einen glücklich, sie sind mein Ziel. Es kommen noch drei Grands Prix, hoffentlich laufen die gut für mich. Zu Saisonbeginn habe ich bezüglich des Materials falsche Entscheidungen getroffen. Jetzt stehe ich wieder dort, wo ich stehen muss.»

http://www.speedweek.com/speedwaygp/news/115665/Teterow-Sieger-Matej-Zagar-Falsche-Entscheidungen.html

Edited by iris123

I guess it's pretty straightforward if the standings remain the same; Hancock, Holder, Iversen and Zagar.

If Zagar and Vaculik switch around a gp win could go in Vaculiks favour possibly.

I believe that if a rider finishes outside the top 8, that is not due in large part to injury, they should not be considered for a wild card.

I want to see the best riders but also want to see some variety.

Besides, it makes the race for top 8 all the more important if you don't have a fall back plan (wild card) in place.

I guess it's pretty straightforward if the standings remain the same; Hancock, Holder, Iversen and Zagar.

If Zagar and Vaculik switch around a gp win could go in Vaculiks favour possibly.

Not sure it's that clear cut. They may go Lindback over Zagar to get an extra Swede in? And possibly Nicki P over Puk? I'd probably go with those you suggest but 50/50 between the two Danes.

I believe that if a rider finishes outside the top 8, that is not due in large part to injury, they should not be considered for a wild card.

Besides, it makes the race for top 8 all the more important if you don't have a fall back plan (wild card) in place.

BEST riders every time for me ...

• Like 2

Really?

So if the riders in 9th , 10th and 11th are better than other riders you dont want them in??

There were not many positives to come out of the GP last night at all, but at least it makes the picks for next year more interesting.

With new blood in next year thanks to Pawlicki and Cook, along with returning Laguta, I don't think there's a need for too many other new riders; the one exception being Milik who I really think could mix it up.

Holder, Zagar and Vaculik all showed last night that they are too good not to be in it, although Holder can be especially frustrating ranging from the immaculate to the uber-ordinary.

Another final appearance for Holder and I think he will get a pick for next year - assuming Mr Chapman has no say in the matter!

Can see the picks going to: (9th place), Hancock, Iversen and maybe Milik (or Holder if he finishes the season strongly)

Lebedevs should be ahead of Milik in the pecking order, especially if Andzejs wins the SEC title.

• Like 1

I've got a sneaking suspicion that Nicki Pedersen will retire on medical grounds. He's had a few big getoffs in the last few seasons.

Apparently has plenty of money in the bank

IMO needs to think of his health and his family and try to find something else to get his Adrenalin rush from

• Like 1

i would like to see greg and nicki both stand down at the end of this series we need at least two more new riders in next season

BEST riders every time for me ...

That's a bit rich. Why is nobody on here or on BT sport prepared to say what we all know , that the wildcards are picked mostly on a quota basis, always have been always will be. Look at the statistics , since the series went to a 15 man permanent series there have always been 2 Danes and 2 Swedes. Why should this be any different next year.? For all the romantics out there who are picking Hancock, Holder, Iversen and Zagar , Ill bet it will be 2 Danes plus Lindback plus an other probably Hancock. Why seed Zagar when he can serve his purpose to BSI by being slotted in as wildcard in his home GP, similarly Milik, what riders bring to the series financially in viewers and ticket sales has long outweighed the actual ability of riders. I feel the romantics will be disappointed again this year, similarly those same romantics on the SGP venues 2018 thread suggesting Amsterdam Arena, try Vojens instead .