Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
TheReturn

Sgp Wildcards 2018

Zagar got to get a card now he has won a GP. Holder improving but not deserving.

Zagar can finish 10th now and he still gets a wild card.

Holder only had 3 double figure scores but Vaculik had 5 and he's won a GP. Holder needs to get into top 8 for me.

Edited by marky

Zagar can finish 10th now and he still gets a wild card.

Holder only had 3 double figure scores but Vaculik had 5 and he's won a GP. Holder needs to get into top 8 for me.

THINK Chris will make top eight with Torun and Melbourne to come

He has to pull 10 points back in those 2 GP`s - not an easy task. Vaculik rode for Torun last season and has quick motors as he showed in his last ride.

A very slim chance based on the stats. Only got double figures 3 times in 10 GPs and has to make up 11pts on an 'in form' Zagar.

THAT semi final was crucial. Had Holder and Kildemand not clashed and Chris won he would have deprived Zagar of five or six points. Add in three for Holder and even if he was last in the Final the gap between him and Zagar would have only been two or three.

Holder has shown better form of late and although it will be tough to overhaul Zagar now it's certainly possible and a strong finish might get him a wild card along with Hancock.

THAT semi final was crucial. Had Holder and Kildemand not clashed and Chris won he would have deprived Zagar of five or six points. Add in three for Holder and even if he was last in the Final the gap between him and Zagar would have only been two or three.

Holder has shown better form of late and although it will be tough to overhaul Zagar now it's certainly possible and a strong finish might get him a wild card along with Hancock.

Fine margins I agree but the scores are set in stone. 11 down with two to play. which, for me, means Zagar has to get 12 points in 2 GPs to be safe from Holder. Vaculik a different subject.

For me Vaculik has been consistently more competitive, won a GP, whereas Holder hasn't been as competitive as his scores show. He needs to win a GP or at least get a podium to stand any chance.

I can't see how Holder gets a wild card over Vaculik if Vaculik finishes above him in the final table. How can you ignore a rider who's won a 2017 GP. in favour of Holder who hasn't won a GP and has been really poor in all bar 3 GP's. Unless it's a fix of course.

Edited by marky

If the current standings stay as they are, then the wildcards should be Vaculik (9th in series and a GP winner in 2017), Hancock (was in top 8 when injured), NKI (because they'll want a Dane) and Lebedevs (outstanding in SWC and much needed fresh blood).

Holder has done little so far to warrant a wildcard.

All the best

Rob

Edited by lucifer sam

Lets say Vaculik finishes 9th and Holder finishes 10th

Who deserves the wildcard more?

A GP regular who has been world champion 4 years ago and never needed a wildcard

Or a guy who happened to win a round this year.

Personally im all in favour of guys who have given something to the series over the years the opportunity to have 1 wildcard at the least.

Lindgren has had his fair share and could be on the podium this year, nothing to suggest Holder couldnt do likewise.

Riders like Holder , Zagar and Iversen have given plenty over the years so would hate to see them discarded for having 1 mediocre season. Would riders like Lebedevs and Milik do any better than those ive mentioned? Doubtful

• Like 1

The difference between Holder , Zagar and Iversen vs. Lebedevs & Milik is that he latter two probably wouldn't do better the first season but that they have plenty of room for improvement.

As for Zagar it isn't just two good gp:s but he have been very good in the Swedish "play offs" as well. Apparently he have found something that works for him.

His Elitserien "play offs" (don't like word for speedway's post season cup) scores:

Smederna - Dackarna 5 (1 0 2 2) (vs. Lindgren, Dudek, Janowski)
Dackarna - Smederna 15 (3 3 3 3 3) (vs. Lindgren, Dudek, Janowski)
Masarna - Smederna 17 (3 3 2 3 3 3) (vs. Woffinde, Lindbäck, Sundström, Pz Pawlicki)
Smederna - Masarna 16 (3 3 1 3 3 3) (vs. Woffinde, Lindbäck, Sundström, Pz Pawlicki)

+ two straight GP wins.

Lets say Vaculik finishes 9th and Holder finishes 10th

Who deserves the wildcard more?

A GP regular who has been world champion 4 years ago and never needed a wildcard

Or a guy who happened to win a round this year.

Personally im all in favour of guys who have given something to the series over the years the opportunity to have 1 wildcard at the least.

Lindgren has had his fair share and could be on the podium this year, nothing to suggest Holder couldnt do likewise.

Riders like Holder , Zagar and Iversen have given plenty over the years so would hate to see them discarded for having 1 mediocre season. Would riders like Lebedevs and Milik do any better than those ive mentioned? Doubtful

I would have sympathy with Holder not getting a card but results are results. he's come knowhere near winning a GP but Zagar & Vaculik have both won a GP. Holder's not done much this season to get our pulses racing, he has faded. And arguably if riders hadn't been injured would have found the recent GPs even tougher. Vaculik could improve further with this season under his belt.

I would have sympathy with Holder not getting a card but results are results. he's come knowhere near winning a GP but Zagar & Vaculik have both won a GP. Holder's not done much this season to get our pulses racing, he has faded. And arguably if riders hadn't been injured would have found the recent GPs even tougher. Vaculik could improve further with this season under his belt.

Lindgren has been in the gp for something like 10 seasons, never been remotely in the hunt for a medal and has only won one gp before this season back in 2012.

This season he could quite easily be on the rostrum.

Vaculik may have won a gp but to me that doesnt automatically mean you have the right to be in next years series.

Im certainly no fan of Holder but his record in the gps is outstanding and as a past world champion and dont forget he was 4th last year, i feel he has the right to be allowed this average season and get one wildcard, same with Iversen.

For riders who have given so much to the series to be moved aside for riders who are no better doesnt sit well with me.

Lets say Tai has a poorer year next year and doesnt win a gp and comes 10th.........doesnt he deserve a wildcard?

Hancock , Holder and Iversen for me deserve a wildcard.

If the top 8 stays the same then the last place will be between Vaculik, Lindback and possibly Lebedevs......nobody else deserves a go in my opinion

Lets say Tai has a poorer year next year and doesnt win a gp and comes 10th.........doesnt he deserve a wildcard?

Depends on form throughout the GP series, injury, form in the league etc.

Holder Hancock both recent world champions, both Monster guys, not a chance in Hell they dont get a Wildcard each. After that its very tough to choose. Will they want 2 Swedes? Do they NEED a Dane. Do the want new blood (eg Vaculik Lebedev) Very interesting

Holder Hancock both recent world champions, both Monster guys, not a chance in Hell they dont get a Wildcard each. After that its very tough to choose. Will they want 2 Swedes? Do they NEED a Dane. Do the want new blood (eg Vaculik Lebedev) Very interesting

New blood is already coming in with Pawlicki, Laguta and probably Cook.

I guess the question would be whether the organisers think that the likes of Lebedevs or Milik would be better than the likes of Holder or Vaculik (assuming he stays out of the top 8)