British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
TheReturn

Sgp Wildcards 2018

Vaculik has 10 points more than Holder, if he extends that in the last 2 GPs I think its difficult to justify picking Holder. However if Holder can get a few points back I think his past record will see him grab the wildcard.

I can't really see any circumstances where Holder will not get a wildcard. Personally I don't have much time for him, but his record in the GP over the last few years will surely see him being given a pick.

I can't really see any circumstances where Holder will not get a wildcard. Personally I don't have much time for him, but his record in the GP over the last few years will surely see him being given a pick.

If that is the case I hope Vaculik is 8th, Zagar 9th. No way can they drop Zagar after 2 GP wins. No way back for Holder in that situation unless Hancock retires. Nothing against Holder but I can't understand the logic of allowing Holder a card if he finishes well below the other two and has not won a GP.. All to race for in Torun and Melbourne.

• Like 1

Hancock, Holder and Iversen will get wild cards if they want them - no doubt about it. Then as long as Pedersen doesnt want it...Vaculik will get it.

• Like 1

Iversen showed very little pre-injury this season that he is certain for a wild card and Holder should only get one if he finish ahead of Vaculik.
Vaculik have been much more consistent then Holder this season and should be higher in the pecking order for a wild card hand out.

Vaculik have also been better then Holder in the leagues. Vaculik is 11th (2.038) in the Polish average list and 18th (1.729) in Sweden.
Holder have 1.773 (25th) in Poland and 1.685 (23rd). Something that happened 5 years ago is not a good metric for next season.

If Holder wants to be a SGP-rider for 2019 then he should do the qualifiers in 2018 for the 2019 series.

If they really need a second Australian give the wild card to Fricke.

If Kildemand continues to do well give the Danish wild card to him. Kildemand have two more points then NKI and both have missed three GP:s.

Then one to the winner of SEC and the final one to 9th placed rider.

Edited by Ghostwalker
  • Like 1

I understand what everyone is saying about why Holder shouldn't get a wildcard for next year, but I believe the word is Realpolitik. He will get one, there is absolutely no doubt about it.

Edited by norbold

I agree with Ghostie that Holder so do the 2018 GP qualifiers. Plenty of other riders like Iversen should do them as well. Riders can't expect wild cards due to nationality or Monster.

• Like 1

Kildemand is a liability to the other riders....

If that's the case then he's the perfect replacement for Pedersen then, like for like.

Why does any keep referring to form - it really isnt about that this time around, there is new blood coming in with Pawlicki and Cook, as has been stated - and loyalty is a big thing here, hence why Holder and Hancock will get offers. Then a Dane HAS to be in, so Iversen is the man given how reliable he is and solid - Kildemand, as has been said isnt as popular as some.

The final place will be more interesting...

I understand what everyone is saying about why Holder shouldn't get a wildcard for next year, but I believe the word is Realpolitik. He will get one, there is absolutely no doubt about it.

In other words, he'll be in because of Monster ;)

All the best

Rob

In other words, he'll be in because of Monster ;)

All the best

Rob

Certainly wont hurt his cause!

Chris Holder’s GP record is surprisingly unimpressive for a former World Champion:

2010 8th

2011 8th

2012 FIRST

2013 12th

2014 8th

2015 7th

2016 4th

2017 Currently 10th

In other words, he’s finished in the top six just twice.

To make sure of a GP spot in 2018, Chris Holder surely needs to overhaul Martin Vaculik in the final standings. Greg Hancock and a Dane are cast iron certainties for a wildcard, leaving two others. There are a number of young riders knocking on the door e.g. Lebedevs who was much more impressive than Holder in the SWC, and I feel at least one wildcard has to be to a rider outside the series.

If it comes down to a straight choice between Vaculik and Holder on 2017 form, then surely it has to be Vaculik, unless Holder can do something special in the final two rounds…

All the best

Rob

Edited by lucifer sam

Chris Holder’s GP record is surprisingly unimpressive for a former World Champion:

2010 8th

2011 8th

2012 FIRST

2013 12th

2014 8th

2015 7th

2016 4th

2017 Currently 10th

To make sure of a GP spot in 2018, Chris Holder surely needs to overhaul Martin Vaculik in the final standings. Greg Hancock and a Dane are cast iron certainties for a wildcard, leaving two others. There are a number of young riders knocking on the door e.g. Lebedevs who was much more impressive than Holder in the SWC, and I feel at least one wildcard has to be to a rider outside the series.

If it comes down to a straight choice between Vaculik and Holder on 2017 form, then surely it has to be Vaculik, unless Holder can do something special in the final two rounds…

All the best

Rob

I can`t agree that 1 wildcard has to be from outside the series- the 2017 line-up is the best for many a long year- and not all of them can finish in the top 8. with Laguta and Cook in with Prem Pawlicki Obviously a Dane must be in and I suppose Greg but then 9th and 10th deserve the last 2 spots.

• Like 1

2010 8th

2011 8th

2012 FIRST

2013 12th

2014 8th

2015 7th

2016 4th

2017 Currently 10th

All the best

Rob

Not a great record for a World Champion but hard to argue with the record as a GP rider. He deserves a wildcard looking at them numbers.

Quite simply, he IS a top 15 rider in the World and thats all that should really matter.