Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
lisa-colette

Poole Vs Wolves 16/8/17

If Poole make the play offs with that team they will get hammered.

No s5it Sherlock!

But surely we would rather make the playoffs than not? A failure of a season but still made the playoffs. Shows how high the bar is at Wimborne Road.

If Poole make the play offs with that team they will get hammered. The Swindon team has been on a massive roll, but I don't see it lasting. Wolves & Belle Vue have had their blip, and should be over it now.

I see Swindon's roll lasting I don't any way Wolves or Belle Vue can beat Swindon on current form and barring injuries.

With Timo dropping to reserve from 23/08 you never know it may provide the extra lift to see us on a bit of a roll for the play-offs??!

• Like 1

Its not crap just very poor by Pooles standards.

You would have been taken off to the funny farm if you had said at the start of the season that KK, Newman and Klindt would be replaced by Kennett, Lahti and Starke.

Poole have been fortunate that Kings Lynn imploded or i reckon they would have got 4th.

Poole could still hold on to 4th in my opinion but cant see them beating any of the top 3 over 2 legs.

Edited by Gavan
  • Like 1

You would have been taken off to the funny farm if you had said at the start of the season that KK, Newman and Klindt would be replaced by Kennett, Lahti and Starke.

Poole have been fortunate that Kings Lynn imploded or i reckon they would have got 4th.

Poole could still hold on to 4th in my opinion but cant see them beating any of the top 3 over 2 legs.

For once I agree with this entire post.

Poole have really messed things up and I am sure Matt is feeling it in his pocket.

I can not see this happening next year as I am sure he will be building a very strong team.

This for three reasons. One that Matt will want the crowds to increase to there previous levels. Two that it is an attractive team that will encourage big sponsor back. Three that if he did wish to sell he would want to sell at the top of the game and make it very attractive for any prospective buyers.

Edited by Sherborne Green

We have no chance unless we have a slice of luck like riders from the opposition refusing to ride!

We would have more chance if we could have replaced KK with someone of equal ability but we got Kennett.

For once I agree with this entire post.

Poole have really messed things up and I am sure Matt is feeling it in his pocket.

I can not see this happening next year as I am sure he will be building a very strong team.

This for three reasons. One that Matt will want the crowds to increase to there previous levels. Two that it is an attractive team that will encourage big sponcers back. Three that if he did wish to sell he would want to sell at the top of the game and make it very attractive for any prospective buyers.

I thought when you said an attractive team you were meaning a quality side but as it's going to attract sponcers maybe you meant young and good looking.😂 Edited by Aces51
  • Like 1