British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
lisa-colette

Poole Vs Wolves 16/8/17

Whats been said then..

Well put it this way. At least 5 of the present team will not be at poole next season.. ;)

Well put it this way. At least 5 of the present team will not be at poole next season.. ;)

That's a surprise. I'd have though holder Kurtz and Shanes had all done enough this season to get a place for next year.

If 3 are staying! Kurtz and Shanes are locked in and Holder most likely!

Would keep those 3 but the rest need to prove themselves!

Back to winning ways for the Pirates - no white flag just yet. An honest write-up from MF in his programme notes - looks like it had an effect - hope the riders continue to respond. Fourth looking a bit of a bun fight between several chasing teams - wouldn't like to call it. The Wurzels vs Robins double header starting tonight - will that help their cause? :wink:

i would think rye house must be favourites to get the last playoff place with two home meetings in hand over us and we still got to go there its theirs to lose just my opinion

• Like 1

i would think rye house must be favourites to get the last playoff place with two home meetings in hand over us and we still got to go there its theirs to lose just my opinion

My money would be on Rye but theres been so many unpredictable results this season ya never know.

My money would be on Rye but theres been so many unpredictable results this season ya never know.

your right so many up and down result's this season very unpredictable

Good performance by Wolves to rescue a point after the disaster of the first 2 heats.

Only Peter Adams knows why Perks had four rides during the meeting as he never looked like scoring and at least Greaves was gating.

It looked a surprisingly good crowd in light of the past few results for Poole - not sure where they all came from as when I turned up at 7 there wasn't the customary queue and the stand was deserted.

A shame that Jacob pulled a horrendous wheelie in heat 14 that got him rightly excluded - maybe the rain that was falling by then had a an effect on the track which caused him to lift - but he made up for that by winning heat 15 to guarantee the bonus point.

Back to winning ways for the Pirates - no white flag just yet. An honest write-up from MF in his programme notes - looks like it had an effect - hope the riders continue to respond. Fourth looking a bit of a bun fight between several chasing teams - wouldn't like to call it. The Wurzels vs Robins double header starting tonight - will that help their cause? :wink:

Sadly if Poole make the play offs and get Wolves then I fear Poole could still make the final.

Sadly if Poole make the play offs and get Wolves then I fear Poole could still make the final.

Really! I Don't, with Riss back he will massive difference .

Exactly and in the last meetings, Wolves won by 7, Poole won by 3, Wolves through.

Evidence is there. 3 meetings apiece this year.

At Wolves we won by 10 in the ES, lost by 4 in the A and won by 7 in the B.

At Poole we lost by 26 in the ES, lost by 2 in the A and lost by 3 in the B.

Poole have won 4 of the fixtures to Wolves 2. Poole would be clear favourites over 2 legs.

Wolves aren't going to get Poole. Swindon will finish top, choose Poole and take great joy in knocking the Pirates out. At the same time the Aces will put us out.

Evidence is there. 3 meetings apiece this year.

At Wolves we won by 10 in the ES, lost by 4 in the A and won by 7 in the B.

At Poole we lost by 26 in the ES, lost by 2 in the A and lost by 3 in the B.

Poole have won 4 of the fixtures to Wolves 2. Poole would be clear favourites over 2 legs.

Not when we are full strength, the A meeting at Monmore was a freak result due to Kyle's injury and we were always going to be up against it last night without Sam and Mark.The fact that we were so close after 13 heats speaks volumes I think a full strength Wolves side should easily see off this Pirates line-up over 2 legs. Edited by Call me wolfie
  • Like 1