British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Brummies_Ste

Brummies V Mildenhall Wed 16th Aug

BIRMINGHAM: Jack Parkinson-Blackburn, Layne Cupitt, Richard Hall, Tom Bacon R/R, Liam Carr, Alex Spooner, Taylor Hampshire

MILDENHALL: Connor Mountain, Luke Ruddick, Jon Armstrong, Jordan Jenkins, Danny Halsey, Danno Verge, Sam Woods

Is it just me or does everytime Birmingham have a difficult looking meeting they manage to fit in a strong guest with R/R for somebody??

Edited by Islander15

Guest GiveusaB

Is it just me or does everytime Birmingham have a difficult looking meeting they manage to fit in a strong guest with R/R for somebody??

I think its just you! :t:

Correct islander, im sure mason will be there on Monday thou.

Lets be honest, who really wants to finish 4th thou out of brum, Cradley, mildy n Kent cus all of those will get hammered in the play offs

Guest GiveusaB

I think the play off final should be a one off meeting and raced on a neutral track.

The home advantage that the top 3 have is ridiculous from a neutral perspective!

4th place will be out of B'ham and Mildenhall........Cradley/Kent have NO chance from what I've seen this season!

Hall is a good guest for Mason and RR shouldn't hurt us so fancy our chances, and boy do we need to win, big meeting. We've got a pretty tough run in where you only really look at the Buxton meeting of being one where you'd be very confident of winning, dropping any points to Mildenhall, Cradley or Kent in our meetings against them could be very costly with Friday as probably a write-off and then two tricky meetings in the reverse vs BV and the trip to Plymouth.

Kent have certainly found some form, Mildenhall have plenty of meetings in hand, and Hall should improve Cradley although you still can't help but feel they'll miss out at reserve, but it's going to be close. Despite tending to agree with the opinion of whoever gets 4th will probably get a bit of a roasting in the semi-final, I'd still like to see us in it just in case we don't end up running next year......

Very much looking forward to seeing Jordan Jenkins tomorrow for the first time, hopefully he has a quiet night though.

49-41 Birmingham.

So Richard Hall finally makes his debut for the Brummies, and I hope he sticks two fingers up at the authorities that prevented it from happening until now. Just a shame that it's a one-off guest appearance and that it needed Mr "Best Interests of British Speedway" van Straaten to get him into the National League with his own team, Cradley.

So, two guests and RR yet again. Quick question, apart from Uncle Tom Cobley, who has not yet had their name on the Brummies team sheet this year? How are fans supposed to identify with a team that looks like it was chosen by two managers making alternate picks from a line of riders standing against a wall, like we used to do when sorting out our football teams as young kids, in the park?

Yet another example of the farce that speedway has become with the news that Richard Hall will guest for the Brummies in tomorrow night's match against Mildenhall, and by so doing will potentially help Birmingham towards securing a play-off place whilst at the same time damaging his own club's prospects of doing likewise!

I don't blame Graham Drury for picking the best option available to him, and I don't blame Richard Hall for taking the booking, but surely there should be just one person amongst the BSPA committee who would like at this arrangement and be prepared to say "this is a nonsensical situation which no serious sport could be expected to tolerate, so we must do something urgently to put a stop to this kind of thing?" (That will be the day!!!)

Would we really want the national press and/or the main television channels to broadcast this kind of crazy happening? No wonder the outside world laughs at speedway with its stupid rules.

• Like 8

Yet another example of the farce that speedway has become with the news that Richard Hall will guest for the Brummies in tomorrow night's match against Mildenhall, and by so doing will potentially help Birmingham towards securing a play-off place whilst at the same time damaging his own club's prospects of doing likewise!

I don't blame Graham Drury for picking the best option available to him, and I don't blame Richard Hall for taking the booking, but surely there should be just one person amongst the BSPA committee who would like at this arrangement and be prepared to say "this is a nonsensical situation which no serious sport could be expected to tolerate, so we must do something urgently to put a stop to this kind of thing?" (That will be the day!!!)

Would we really want the national press and/or the main television channels to broadcast this kind of crazy happening? No wonder the outside world laughs at speedway with its stupid rules.

Your right,but as you say"that will be the day"

Good win last night, known fact that Drury likes the track reasonably wet when we face anyone half decent this year so the downpour an hour before certainly aided us and helped us have the meeting wrapped up after 10 heats. JPB exemplary in his first 3 rides, Hall is going to score a lot of points for Cradley, Carr rode well and bar a rather strange looking second ride Hampshire was in great form again, if he can get his bike to be reliable for 20 laps a meeting then he's only going to get better. Tough night for Cupitt who must've had a magnet in his bike drawing him towards the first air fence all night, but he had a very good second place in there as well and he's done enough for us this season to prove it was an off night.

Mountain was excellent for Mildenhall, Halsey got better as it went on, Jenkins didn't impose himself too much on the meeting but still a good return for a 16 year old riding at #4, and Armstrong had an absolute nightmare. If the track had been dry from the off they may have got a point, but suspect we took our foot a bit off the gas near the end as well.

Very important win, hopefully we can keep it respctable and injury free on Friday before three critical meetings in 4 days starting Sunday.

Edited by CUFC_Brummie
  • Like 1

Cufc brummie. Were you standing amongst the Mildenhall fans. Only asking as I was talking to someone who was a Cambridge Utd supporter :)

Guest GiveusaB

Anything to stop Cradley progressing is fine by most Birmingham supporters !? :t:

As a fan of 47 years and having close friends as Cradley supporters, I'm making the most of our bragging rights !

Shut the buggers up for once!

Cufc brummie. Were you standing amongst the Mildenhall fans. Only asking as I was talking to someone who was a Cambridge Utd supporter :)

Yes I was stood in front of you all with my old man, I assume it was him you spoke to as I doubt there are any other Brummie/Cambridge fans knocking around Perry Barr very often :D

Yes I was stood in front of you all with my old man, I assume it was him you spoke to as I doubt there are any other Brummie/Cambridge fans knocking around Perry Barr very often :D

Yes I thought it would be an odd 1 if there was more than 1 of you. I was the 1 who's child was attached to the back pack and reigns