British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
g13webb

Kings Lynn Stars Vs Leicester 16/08/17

If the double header goes ahead, can only assume a 7pm start and just one interval between the two matches, otherwise we'll be there til midnight!

So what will happen about a sun break? Will it magically be okay to ride because they've got to get a move on? Best bet is to get Jim McGregor as the ref as he refused one at Leicester recently. :P

• Like 1

In principle I think the double header is a good idea. but in practise its not always good business. Because the time tends to get dragged out, double headers are best done on a Sunday afternoon and evening. Starting at the same time (7-30pm) makes it a late night. The ref will need to keep it rolling, with hold-ups kept to a minimum. It is expected Wolves will use RR for Masters and that can easily add 10-15 mins to a schedule when rider take consecutive rides... Everything will always need to fall I place to complete a meeting in 90 mins. 10min interval and track grading, will mean starting the second match at 9-30. the earliest finish will be gone 11pm. All the time used for re-runs, accidents , R/R fence repairs will only add to that time. We only need the sun to show its head and the schedule will be shot to bits..

On soon as its gets late, people will start to leave. Raising the admission to £25, although understandable, is a cost some cant afford, so I'm not convinced it is a good idea. I understand the logic but am weary of the success. I would have thought a 7pm would have been far more suitable start time in view of the program. I've lost count of the number of meetings I've attended, but I can count the ones finished in 2 hours on one hand. Whatever time it starts it's going to be a long night.....

Edit: Posted this on the wrong thread. Have since copied to Lynn v Wolves Double header.... :oops::oops:

Edited by GRW123
  • Like 1

In principle I think the double header is a good idea. but in practise its not always good business. Because the time tends to get dragged out, double headers are best done on a Sunday afternoon and evening. Starting at the same time (7-30pm) makes it a late night. The ref will need to keep it rolling, with hold-ups kept to a minimum. It is expected Wolves will use RR for Masters and that can easily add 10-15 mins to a schedule when rider take consecutive rides... Everything will always need to fall I place to complete a meeting in 90 mins. 10min interval and track grading, will mean starting the second match at 9-30. the earliest finish will be gone 11pm. All the time used for re-runs, accidents , R/R fence repairs will only add to that time. We only need the sun to show its head and the schedule will be shot to bits..

On soon as its gets late, people will start to leave. Raising the admission to £25, although understandable, is a cost some cant afford, so I'm not convinced it is a good idea. I understand the logic but am weary of the success. I would have thought a 7pm would have been far more suitable start time in view of the program. I've lost count of the number of meetings I've attended, but I can count the ones finished in 2 hours on one hand. Whatever time it starts it's going to be a long night.....

The 2nd match will get pulled after heat 10.

Edit: Posted this on the wrong thread. Have since copied to Lynn v Wolves Double header.... :oops::oops: