British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
g13webb

Kings Lynn Stars Vs Leicester 16/08/17

To be honest, at this moment in time, I think Simon would bring a little more strength to the side than Nicklas, than it is not decrying his efforts.

I think we might just sneak a win tonight

Nicklas would bring that little more strength to the side i think :P

We did just sneak the win though :t:

Stars to lose by 10

How dare you go against your team like that :wink: .I expected a defeat to.But credit to the team for pulling that one back.

Auty brilliant when he took a tip from Lambert(Robert)Lamert was awesome tonight,never seen him gate so well.Best we have seen of Jonasson too,two great races in his last two to go straight through the lions pair.Toft had his moments,and Jorgensen seems a good match for the Lynn track.We could even afford an off night for Huckenbeck.

I love winning with a team of triers,it certainly beats losing.

That result may just keep us from gaining the wooden spoon this season

• Like 2

A great result. Some great racing and passing. Huck had clutch trouble. Well done.

• Like 1

Didn't expect a 10 point win. Leicester certainly deserved a point for their efforts in a thoroughly entertaining match. Shame they didn't get it :-)

Proper no.1 in Lambert tonight. In fact the team did well, even huckenbeck got amongst the points at the end. Only real weak link was the other Lambert who has looked very poor since his return from injury.

• Like 1

Loving this team! Not enjoyed speedway this much since our 1st season rejoining the elite league!

Every meeting has a buzz about it! Roll on next week!!!

• Like 4

Great meeting, saw some good races, mostly towards the end.

Robert was superb, all the rest put in a good shift, only Simon Lambert lacking, although he did finish all his races.

Some great passes from THJ, riding with the bit between his teeth. Same for Michael and Josh. Kai was unlucky.

Roll on Wolves next week.

• Like 1

A great result for the stars, sounds like we now have a team with grit and determination and that should bode well for the future. Well done to all 👍

• Like 7

Who knows about the future JC, will Speedway in its present form still be around, if it is which League will Lynn be in, if any. Will Buster still be the main man at the BSPA. As for the riders we have now, well they could be anywhere ir some even nowhere.

Should bode well for the future JC. Take a rain check on that one.

As a side issue have you seen what's happened to the footballl club at Lynn at the start of the season ? Must bring back memories for and what could have been achieved under your watch...

• Like 1

Nicklas would bring that little more strength to the side i think :P

We did just sneak the win though :t:

How dare you go against your team like that :wink: .I expected a defeat to.But credit to the team for pulling that one back.

Auty brilliant when he took a tip from Lambert(Robert)Lamert was awesome tonight,never seen him gate so well.Best we have seen of Jonasson too,two great races in his last two to go straight through the lions pair.Toft had his moments,and Jorgensen seems a good match for the Lynn track.We could even afford an off night for Huckenbeck.

I love winning with a team of triers,it certainly beats losing.

That result may just keep us from gaining the wooden spoon this season

Yes tellboy, I'm looking for a hole in the ground, for what ever reason, he didn't have a good night did he!!

Important thing is we won, in what I thought was probably the best meeting at the AFA this season.

A great result for the stars, sounds like we now have a team with grit and determination and that should bode well for the future. Well done to all

There's a nice feel about the place again JC, and it's a sheer joy seeing the riders riding as though they want to win, which wasn't the case earlier in the season.

I still don't think we'll win to many matches (just my opinion folks), but speedway is there to be enjoyed, and with this septet, we have a team to enjoy watching, win, lose or draw.

Possible double-header against Wolverhampton next week. Is there a curfew at KL, because if there is, it could be a problem getting both meetings in, unless we start a little earlier, and cut out any intervals. Certainly looking forward to it anyway.

• Like 1

If the double header goes ahead, can only assume a 7pm start and just one interval between the two matches, otherwise we'll be there til midnight!

If the double header goes ahead, can only assume a 7pm start and just one interval between the two matches, otherwise we'll be there til midnight!

Or Later!!

by all means hold a double header but against the same club 🤔 Surely that's not good business
  • Like 3

I'll take that now. . This match will not be easy, especially with Somerset guests Grajczonek and Heeps. As we saw last week they go really well round AFA. For us to succeed we will need all riders scoring goods points. Probably this is the meeting when all the work and changes bear fruit, when team effort comes to the fore, and the top riders lead from the front.

The big difference between this year and the ones previous, is we don't have someone like Neils winning in heats 13 and 15. For a team to be successful we have to regularly provide winners to those heats. I think the time is now right for Robert to step up to the plate and be that man.... Whether we win or lose tonight, will no doubt rest on Roberts shoulders. Being Capt. and No1 is all very well, its a privilege positon, the leader and pinnacle of the team, so its only right he is the person to win those important heats..... If he can, we will win, and if he don't then we will lose.....

Whether it was Terry Betts, Michael Lee, John Louis, Richard Knight, Mark Loram, Jason Crump or Niels Kristian Iversen, when they were Captain, they all had to step up to that plate. I have no doubt Robert is more than capable of doing this on a regular basis......

His time has come.......

PS. A big advantage for the Stars is that Jim Lynch is the Lions Team Manager, and we all saw his decision making on Monday night.!!! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Cometh the hour, cometh the man....... Tonight Robert Lambert was majestic, never have I seen him so dominant. From the gate or from the back, it made little difference. His pass on King in heat 10 was so reminiscent of Michael Lee in his prime, tracking the rider in front at speed, following his high line before straightening up quicker to get he drive pass when only inches away, Brilliant. A awesome performance. This should be the marker that Lambert is judged by. No more low scores, he is capable of double figures every time round AFA....

This was a tremendous team performance, Led by Lambert and ably supported by THJ, each of our riders wanted to do their bit. MPT was always involved. last from the tapes in each race, but the speed he generated, one has to ask what gearing he was using??? Must be frustrating to manage but brilliant to watch....

After the first few heats, this was racing as it should be. Every interviewed rider was complimentary of the track. Each gave it a real go. The scores don't tell all the story, there were positional changes in most heats. In heat 14, we were 5-1 down, then 4-2 up, then 3-3, followed by a 5-1 up and eventually a 3-3. All riders were covered by the proverbial blanket. Heat 10 another exceptional race when Jorgensen could have finished second only to be placed 4th such was the closeness of the racing.... The only disappointment was the size of the crowd. No doubt when word gets about the quality of the racing, those stay at home fans will return.

Brilliant Night, terrific racing, even the result went our way... Lets have more of the same Buster.....

Edited by GRW123
  • Like 5

by all means hold a double header but against the same club 🤔 Surely that's not good business

You would think not, but would cut down on travel expenses...

Definitely a £17 sport last night

Edited by kelvinht

Well thank goodness for that ... after a dodgy start the Stars made it up in the 2nd half with a great comeback - led of course by Rob's faultless maximum, but with solid back up from the rest of the team too - notably THJ and Auty - the latter arguably the catalyst for the fightback. Only Simon missed out but he's hardly at his best atm with his recent injuries. If Porsing had been fit then the margin of victory would've likely been higher imo.

AND the racing was top class too - we were all treated last night :party:

(as for the double against Wolves next week - not sure about that..... Even if the Stars sneak a win in the 1st match, wolves will have their set-ups sorted for the 2nd... but having said that we'll do well to sneak a win anyway imo) :o ......but who knows ? :P

Edited by Star Fever

Well thank goodness for that ... after a dodgy start the Stars made it up in the 2nd half with a great comeback - led of course by Rob's faultless maximum, but with solid back up from the rest of the team too - notably THJ and Auty - the latter arguably the catalyst for the fightback. Only Simon missed out but he's hardly at his best atm with his recent injuries. If Porsing had been fit then the margin of victory would've likely been higher imo.

AND the racing was top class too - we were all treated last night :party:

(as for the double against Wolves next week - not sure about that..... Even if the Stars sneak a win in the 1st match, wolves will have their set-ups sorted for the 2nd... but having said that we'll do well to sneak a win anyway imo) :o ......but who knows ? :P

If we won both we would double our number of away wins in one night, only Leicester have a worse away record. If I were you I'd be quietly confident of at least winning one of them