British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
JamesM09

Rye House V Belle Vue 16/08/2017

A meeting for "big boys" tonight

Worrall, Bjerre and Ellis were hit and miss, Cook was stunning and Bewley showed glimpses of for what is to come.

Nicholls continues in a rich vein of form but the new reserve was the difference (whisper it in case any Poole fans are listening)There were three questions about KK

Has he declined? Is he still motivated? how was he on Ryes track? The answers were NO, YES and FINE.

Poor racing... gate and go for both sides

Only 8 passes after half a lap. signifies low entertainment value.

Nice set up ,,, shame about the lack of racing

Excellent result for the rockets against a strong side (Probably one of the most difficult fixtures we have left). It was a result that could have gone either way with both teams having a couple of underperforming riders. Eventually a little bit of luck and a former world number 2 at reserve for the rockets swayed it!

On to next Wednesday & Friday with 2 crucial fixtures against Somerset.

• Like 1

Poor racing... gate and go for both sides

Only 8 passes after half a lap. signifies low entertainment value.

Nice set up ,,, shame about the lack of racing

Think the racing was poorer than you suggest! The only action was Ht.12 Bewley under Morley L1T4. I wouldn't include Ht.11, when Bjerre went wide & throttled off on L2T2

I sincerely hope they can sort the track out, as that was the most boring meeting I've been to this season - Seriously felt sorry for Harris & Barker; nothing they could do after the second turn

Think the racing was poorer than you suggest! The only action was Ht.12 Bewley under Morley L1T4. I wouldn't include Ht.11, when Bjerre went wide & throttled off on L2T2

I sincerely hope they can sort the track out, as that was the most boring meeting I've been to this season - Seriously felt sorry for Harris & Barker; nothing they could do after the second turn

Not sure I'd feel sorry for Harris & Barker, they were both crap.

Something needs doing about the inside line as it's unusable. Ride the dirt line & it's very difficult for anyone to pass as you go backwards if you try the kerb line. The inside needs ripping up but it just looks like concrete so can't do it.

Poor entertainment wise & meeting dragged with lengthy stoppages for track grading. What's the point of doing 15 laps of the track & moving what minimal dirt there is. Just pisses everyone off & loses any momentum.

2 hours & 20 minutes for a meeting is unacceptable.

Again Schroeck not using Kasprzak to the full, guy should be having seven rides on the form he was in last night.

• Like 1

Well we got a point that I diddnt expect. Especially around heat 10 mark where I thought that's it. So well done to us.

Cookie was sublime. Rest good value.

Difference being KK. Cracking signing for rye at reserve that. Well done them.

Track was erm....... patchy with only proper dirt line out by fence. U got on that u was untroubled. Shame to see Harris struggle so bad. Looked like a novice. He was all over the shop. His engines are at his tuners so that's probably his reason for being so poor.

Not been for about 10 years but was really impressed with the stadium improvements. They are doing s good job. So well done.

They could do with sorting pits car park up tho. It was a bloody free for all. We had to just dump car blocking ppl in then ppl blocking us in. Mayhem lol

Well we got a point that I diddnt expect. Especially around heat 10 mark where I thought that's it. So well done to us.

Cookie was sublime. Rest good value.

Difference being KK. Cracking signing for rye at reserve that. Well done them.

Track was erm....... patchy with only proper dirt line out by fence. U got on that u was untroubled. Shame to see Harris struggle so bad. Looked like a novice. He was all over the shop. His engines are at his tuners so that's probably his reason for being so poor.

Not been for about 10 years but was really impressed with the stadium improvements. They are doing s good job. So well done.

They could do with sorting pits car park up tho. It was a bloody free for all. We had to just dump car blocking ppl in then ppl blocking us in. Mayhem lol

I'd assume the stadium improvements comment is sarcasm lol

at last, my lone ranger days are over!.
  • Like 1

One rider who appears to goes unnoticed is Ricky Wells. His contribution is invaluable, 11 v Swindon (3 race wins), 10 at Poole (3) and last night 8 (2). Had he been available at Leicester Rye might have been celebrating back-to-back away victories - 10 (3) on their first visit.

Have to agree racing was poor last night. It seems to have got worse the last few weeks.

Had to move from the back straight as it was so dusty,more water was needed.

The time it was taking to grade the track took almost as long as the 4 heats in between. Wouldn't have minded if the racing was top draw but it wasn't.

Still a good crowd in attendance and I liked the centre green announcer, especially the humour.

Looking forward to a good few meetings over the next 3 weeks.

Edited by KevtheRev

A new track curator is needed at rye, one who can prepare a surface with more than one racing line. The crowd last night was excellent for a midweek meeting, but the match itself was like watching paint dry.

A new track curator is needed at rye, one who can prepare a surface with more than one racing line. The crowd last night was excellent for a midweek meeting, but the match itself was like watching paint dry.

How about Ronnie Russell? :wink:

I concur with this. I've only been to Rye a couple of times this year and on both the racing, whilst faster, was far less entertaining than most matches at Lakeside this season.

I also found the fish and chips less good than I remembered, and the stadium "improvements" I can only assume to be a work in progress. Still better than Arena Essex in terms of facilities it has to be said.

I did like the new mic man, though it was a bit creepy when he did that whole routine with the start girls and their umbrellas.

The best feature of the evening was the very pleasant company of the Rye regulars I was sat next to. Many wistful memories of speedway times past were conjoured in our conversations. :)

• Like 1

Have to agree racing was poor last night. It seems to have got worse the last few weeks.

Had to move from the back straight as it was so dusty,more water was needed.

The time it was taking to grade the track took almost as long as the 4 heats in between. Wouldn't have minded if the racing was top draw but it wasn't.

Pretty much why I've stopped going.