British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
JamesM09

Rye House V Belle Vue 16/08/2017

Harris and Barker shouldn't be in a pairing together. Kasprzak should be getting seven rides, we're still just about in the mix for the play-offs, it could realistically come down to race points difference.

• Like 1

Since the track alterations the outside line is the only racing line that seems to work.

You now have riders with exceptional skill able to ride full pelt about a metre from the fence.

Len Silvers track was narrower and moved the riders into inside plus of course they didn't have the skill to ride so wide.

I would say that last nights meeting was probably the fastest (speed per heat) that there has ever been at Rye.

No wonder there is little overtaking when riders are on rockets (no pun intended).

• Like 1

The present rye track is probably the best shape it's ever been, but top flight racing has done little to increase the entertainment value this season. My first visit to rye was way back in 1972, so I still attend due to habit and the lack of regular meetings in the south east this year.

Since the track alterations the outside line is the only racing line that seems to work.

You now have riders with exceptional skill able to ride full pelt about a metre from the fence.

Len Silvers track was narrower and moved the riders into inside plus of course they didn't have the skill to ride so wide.

I would say that last nights meeting was probably the fastest (speed per heat) that there has ever been at Rye.

No wonder there is little overtaking when riders are on rockets (no pun intended).

The lack of good racing and one line during Silver's era is a common misconception. There was always an outside line and a cutback on bends 3/4 possible while off of bend two riders could use the camber to perform a cutback or the ballsier ones (Jordan Frampton sticks out in my mind as a rider that did this) would ride right on the edge of the point of no return on the camber and find dirt wide on the exit of bend two.

There is room for changes to the track's shape to make it a better race track, perhaps this should be explored. I'd take better racing before (however not at the expense of) any other aesthetic changes to the place personally.

Comparing this meeting to some of the racing we had last season I would say it's no better.

Meetings need drama something lacking in today's gate and go world it seems.

The lack of good racing and one line during Silver's era is a common misconception. There was always an outside line and a cutback on bends 3/4 possible while off of bend two riders could use the camber to perform a cutback or the ballsier ones (Jordan Frampton sticks out in my mind as a rider that did this) would ride right on the edge of the point of no return on the camber and find dirt wide on the exit of bend two.

There is room for changes to the track's shape to make it a better race track, perhaps this should be explored. I'd take better racing before (however not at the expense of) any other aesthetic changes to the place personally.

Linus Sundstrom was a great exponent of that on the 2nd bend during his spectacular second season with us. Chris Neath in his latter years I seem to recall used it too

Chris neath was one of the best riders I've ever seen at rye. His track craft was second to none. He could pass on parts of the track that very few riders would try.

Edited by cityrebel

Linus Sundstrom was a great exponent of that on the 2nd bend during his spectacular second season with us. Chris Neath in his latter years I seem to recall used it too

Chris neath was one of the best riders I've ever seen at rye. His track craft was second to none. He could pass on parts of the track that very few riders would try.

I always thought Linus would kick on to be a top, top rider. His time at Rye was more impressive than Tai's imo. Would happily see him back next year, hope the promotion have noted that he's looking to do open meetings over here later on this season.

Neathy around Rye was majestic. Took the track record using an unorthodox line and generally was in a class of his own at home. Looked like he was finally going to become an out and out number one the season before his career ending injury.