Sign in to follow this  
A ORLOV

Swindon - Somerset 17th Aug 17

Ipswich- Heeps

Peterborough-BWD

Redcar-Wright

Sheffield-Grajczonek

Scunthorpe- Kerr

All riding the same night as the new fixture. What a cock womble of a joke this sport has become.

You should come along with me on Polish weekend trips & watch some proper speedway!

• Like 2

You should come along with me on Polish weekend trips & watch some proper speedway!

Thanks for the offer...might take you up on that one day, although the missus might have something to say about it lol

Somerset got me back into Speedway...I love the place and enthusiasm of the promotion and fans...but these rules and the fixture planning are really trying my patience and love for the sport again.

Love the racing...hate the rest of the crap that goes with it.

• Like 2

I am over the moon that this has fallen foul because of weather !!! Gives us time to have a regroup and use our own team hopefully and get a Psychological win at home to take to Abbey, didn't fancy the guests !!!

• Like 1

Thanks for the offer...might take you up on that one day, although the missus might have something to say about it lol

Somerset got me back into Speedway...I love the place and enthusiasm of the promotion and fans...but these rules and the fixture planning are really trying my patience and love for the sport again.

Love the racing...hate the rest of the crap that goes with it.

Your passion for the sport is clear to see Gresh, but like you, me going from approx 5 meetings a week to 1 if I am lucky, as I am sick to the back teeth of how British speedway is presented the stadiums the tracks and the poor atmosphere we have in this country.

I hate keep harping on about polish speedway but I am hooked on it, take last Sunday the Zielona v Gorzow the atmosphere, build up, the promoting was second to none

• Like 1

Your passion for the sport is clear to see Gresh, but like you, me going from approx 5 meetings a week to 1 if I am lucky, as I am sick to the back teeth of how British speedway is presented the stadiums the tracks and the poor atmosphere we have in this country.

I hate keep harping on about polish speedway but I am hooked on it, take last Sunday the Zielona v Gorzow the atmosphere, build up, the promoting was second to none

It certainly has a bit of atmosphere about even watching on You Tube you here the fans getting into it.
  • Like 2

Sorry I believed the BBC weather and another weather system which stated no rain. The forecast changed late as it hammered down as I arrived. I went and had a look at the track and there was a lake on bend 4 which they started pumping away but more rain was due so they called it off. Fans stated that with all the meetings scheduled in Aug that if we or other clubs had rain offs many of the clubs could be in trouble.

Edited by A ORLOV

Well ! Just got home to Bristol, what a total waste of time and petrol that was, we sat in the car in the car park and it was absolutely obvious when that deluge came down that there was no chance of the match taking place, we left not bothering to wait for the rain off to be called. Somerset fans were there, even a coach, still the car park staff were collecting the money from a few people coming in, do they ever refund anyone !!!!! Got to the services on the M4 to see on phone start was delayed to 8.30 by then we were very brassed off . So glad we came home instead. If it at all iffy weather on thursday we will not be bothering.

• Like 3

:o What like the pairs on Euro sport tonight. :nono:

Have just seen a tweet that we will not be racing Somerset next thursday but they hope to run a meeting. When you see that Somerset would need more guests than their own riders that is no surprise.

Have just seen a tweet that we will not be racing Somerset next thursday but they hope to run a meeting. When you see that Somerset would need more guests than their own riders that is no surprise.

What a Shambles, it gets worse !!!!!!

• Like 3

From a Swindon perspective, how do you manage to have no racing for several Thursdays during the season with good weather, and then have to run several fixtures in close proximity including a double header just so you can get all your meetings in before the official cut off.

Shambolic.

How the promotion can justify 5 home meetings in 10 days I'm not sure. It doesn't materially affect me financially but there are many others that it will. I appreciate that there are offers in place, which are reasonable but to have run 9 league meetings in 20 weeks is risable.

• Like 4

Its a shame they can't bring the Leicester part of the double header forward to Thursday and Jane both Somerset meetings on the Monday instead...guess Lions would lose riders due to fixture clashes but am wondering if we are trying to bring something forward to ease later fixture congestion

Its a shame they can't bring the Leicester part of the double header forward to Thursday and Jane both Somerset meetings on the Monday instead...guess Lions would lose riders due to fixture clashes but am wondering if we are trying to bring something forward to ease later fixture congestion

Not so sure about that. The idea of two matches against Somerset doesn't seem as appealing to me as matches against two different sides.

• Like 1

And why's that then ?

Anyone with half a brain cell would be able to tell that if Somerset are trying to track down Poole to reach the play offs.... having Poole riders guesting for you isn't a good idea!

Only your promotion to blame for this, made the changes knowing that you would loose some of the riders. Tonight being one of those nights.

Partially - without wanting to sound like a broken record, if the fixtures had been planned accordingly in the first place then that would elimate half of those problems. Grajczonek was also missing for Sheffield last night because of this fixture. Not sure if Redcar were due to ride too so Wright would of been missing too for them.

• Like 2

Not so sure about that. The idea of two matches against Somerset doesn't seem as appealing to me as matches against two different sides.

Definitely not...boresville. Has to be two different sides.

Will be some triple headers at this rate! Shouldn't be in this position though.

Edited by beefy keefy
  • Like 1