British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SCB

Championship Rider Final 24/09

Ask the BSPA a question on Twitter they ignore you, possibly even block you.

Ask Kings Lynn Speedway a question and they ignore you, possibly even block you.

Ask Swindon a question on Twitter and they ignore you and you have to ask Rosco who does his best to help.

Ask Glasgow Tigers a question on Twitter and they respond in 12 minutes with an answer. Fair play to them. This shouldn't be a gret thing, it should be the norm but with how rubbish every other club is, it's nice to see there is a club that does "get" Twitter.

Anyway, to confirm. It IS a 3pm start.

Ask Scunny and I can't promise 12 minutes, but we will answer you. :wink:

Post a photo from the track and we'll almost certainly re-tweet it.

All the best

Rob

• Like 1

Ask Kings Lynn Speedway a question and they ignore you, possibly even block you.

Ask Swindon a question on Twitter and they ignore you and you have to ask Rosco who does his best to help.

Ask Glasgow Tigers a question on Twitter and they respond in 12 minutes with an answer. Fair play to them. This shouldn't be a gret thing, it should be the norm but with how rubbish every other club is, it's nice to see there is a club that does "get" Twitter.

that's good be back home to Berwick in plenty time to go out for a drink lol

So parade will be about 3:40 and tapes up at 4 due to queues at the turnstiles.

You can probably guess I've been to a lot of speedway events where this is The norm

I think if that happens it will be followed by an SCB style rant. :P

Probably to enable the hordes of southern based neutral supporters who want to go, to get home at a reasonable time. (My sarcasm is due to reading some of the complaints about the Championship Pairs being re-staged at Sheffield)

I can see SCB being a bit miffed with the postponement of Adam Roynon's testimonial

Though if it's still at Workington next season I reckon appearances by Cookie.

Maybe a matchrace between Steady and Stoney. That should pack the locals in

I can see SCB being a bit miffed with the postponement of Adam Roynon's testimonial

Though if it's still at Workington next season I reckon appearances by Cookie.

Maybe a matchrace between Steady and Stoney. That should pack the locals in

Ah balls. Luckily I'd only got as far as booking the time off work and not hotels. Typical speedway.

Anyone know if 4 legged friends are welcome at the Workington Stadium?

Unfortunately not, landlords rules.

You can probably guess I've been to a lot of speedway events where this is The norm

One thing the facennas have done is ensure meetings start at the advertised time. They are likely to have the gates open 2 hours before the start. For tigers league meetings they bring on the opposition team one rider at a time c10 mins before the scheduled start and then the tigers individually then the whole team does a lap together. They manage to do this every week with meetings starting either bang on time or no more than a minute or two after. For at least one meeting we just had the tigers riders parade presumably cos the opposition weren't ready! Hopefully the Facennas and their staff will be in charge of proceedings and we don't get BSPA people interfering and deciding what will happen

So why isn't Robert Lambert in the line up? Sorry if it's an obvious answer, but I really don't know???? :neutral:

• Like 2

So why isn't Robert Lambert in the line up? Sorry if it's an obvious answer, but I really don't know???? :neutral:

more to the question , why is jack holder in the line up. does he not know its a sundey meeting and he should be in poland lol

The draw for the Riders' Championship at the Peugeot Ashfield Stadium on Sunday, September 24 has been released. Start time 3pm

1. S Worrall
2. J Garrity
3. L Kerr
4. R Wells
5. D King
6. N Morris
7. C Harris
8. J Grajczonek
9. K Howarth
10. C Cook
11. R Lawson
12. S Masters
13. R Worrall
14. R Schlein
15. B Barker
16. J Holder

The draw for the Riders' Championship at the Peugeot Ashfield Stadium on Sunday, September 24 has been released. Start time 3pm

1. S Worrall

2. J Garrity

3. L Kerr

4. R Wells

5. D King

6. N Morris

7. C Harris

8. J Grajczonek

9. K Howarth

10. C Cook

11. R Lawson

12. S Masters

13. R Worrall

14. R Schlein

15. B Barker

16. J Holder

good field if they all turn up on the day

Jack Holder does not deserve to be in this meeting.

• Like 1

Jack Holder does not deserve to be in this meeting.

100% agree. However, he has qualified by his average, so it would require some sort of move by the BSPA or SCB to stop him riding. Might be that the impending (or so we believe) disciplinary meeting regarding the promoter will impact on Holder, but it seems that the promoter is going to be the one to carry the can for this episode.

Personally, I feel a 28 day ban should have been imposed regardless of his promoters consent, though I believe that the doubling up situation may have a part to play in preventing this. Wouldn't be surprised to see a tightening up of the rules in future to prevent a repeat.