British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SCB

Championship Rider Final 24/09

So why isn't Robert Lambert in the line up? Sorry if it's an obvious answer, but I really don't know???? :neutral:

There will be some excuse hidden away in the archives why he is allowed to miss the meeting. Or maybe just planning another injury that weekend!
  • Like 1

There will be some excuse hidden away in the archives why he is allowed to miss the meeting. Or maybe just planning another injury that weekend!

I don't think he's 'planned' Any of he previous injuries... Considering how many knocks he was carrying, I'm not surprised when he missed the Fours... He'd fallen so many times in the weeks leading up, and riding pretty much every night in lots of different countries, he was probably beyond knackered and that's dangerous in speedway... He had a broken wrist and still represented team GB in the World Cup... I am just confused as to why he's not in this meeting

I don't think he's 'planned' Any of he previous injuries... Considering how many knocks he was carrying, I'm not surprised when he missed the Fours... He'd fallen so many times in the weeks leading up, and riding pretty much every night in lots of different countries, he was probably beyond knackered and that's dangerous in speedway... He had a broken wrist and still represented team GB in the World Cup... I am just confused as to why he's not in this meeting

It was the top rider from each team , and the next 6 riders in the averages , with no team having more than two riders . So maybe he wasn't in the six next best .

So why isn't Robert Lambert in the line up? Sorry if it's an obvious answer, but I really don't know???? :neutral:

I was just thinking that, I thought he was top of the Diamonds averages and more to the point his average is higher than Ricky Wells so he should be in ahead of him surely!!! :o:o :o

• Like 1

I was just thinking that, I thought he was top of the Diamonds averages and more to the point his average is higher than Ricky Wells so he should be in ahead of him surely!!! :o:o :o

It does seem a bit strange , I can only assume he turned down his place for reasons we are unaware of .

It does seem a bit strange , I can only assume he turned down his place for reasons we are unaware of .

I was thinking that, I believe the Polish play off finals are on the 24/9, am I correct and is Robert involved in those? Seems a shame he is not riding in it, but at lease we have Steve from a Diamonds point of view who should stand a good chance.

Cracking field on a good racers track. Should be a good one.

Jack Holder does not deserve to be in this meeting.

I am more interested to know why Robert Lambert (who must have qualified) is not listed for this BSPA event and who has given him permission to miss it (injury/surgery excepted of course). With regards to Holder let's wait and see on the day.

• Like 1

I am more interested to know why Robert Lambert (who must have qualified) is not listed for this BSPA event and who has given him permission to miss it (injury/surgery excepted of course). With regards to Holder let's wait and see on the day.

Post 36 fits in with what I was told, we will have to wait and see.

It just seems a bit odd that no one in the know seems fit to inform the paying public why Lambert is not involved in the meeting!!

• Like 1

Post 36 fits in with what I was told, we will have to wait and see.

Sounds about right doesn't it? I don't see what the difference is between this situation and Holder and the Fours - as long as both riders and both promoters are treated the same then fair enough!

It just seems a bit odd that no one in the know seems fit to inform the paying public why Lambert is not involved in the meeting!!

Ruddy typical of this sport - sadly suggests that someone is trying to hide something! Edited by maneacat
  • Like 1

Sounds about right doesn't it? I don't see what the difference is between this situation and Holder and the Fours - as long as both riders and both promoters are treated the same then fair enough! Ruddy typical of this sport - sadly suggests that someone is trying to hide something!

Agreed

On the BSPA`s own advert for this meeting it say the top rider from every club so its very disappointing not to see Robert Lambert`s name in the line up he would be one of the favourites for the title, maybe there`s a perfectly good reason for him missing the meeting which we will learn in the next few days, hopefully Lambert wont be the only top rider to withdraw before the tapes go up.

On the BSPA`s own advert for this meeting it say the top rider from every club so its very disappointing not to see Robert Lambert`s name in the line up he would be one of the favourites for the title, maybe there`s a perfectly good reason for him missing the meeting which we will learn in the next few days, hopefully Lambert wont be the only top rider to withdraw before the tapes go up.

I'm presuming you mean will be the only top rider to withdraw? :wink:

What is the capacity of Ashfield, I would be concerned a huge crowd would cause serious standing room problems.Its not a big Stadium.

What is the capacity of Ashfield, I would be concerned a huge crowd would cause serious standing room problems.Its not a big Stadium.

It's about two and a half thousand