British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SCB

Championship Rider Final 24/09

Yeah.....it isn't - it's a speedway meeting mate, there are actual things and issues in the world - having a final in a speedway meeting isn't one....

Well in that case no point in having a speedway forum at all is there - if every time you compare it to "issues in the world".

I only raised within the context of speedway, on a speedway forum so get a grip. ;)

• Like 1

Well in that case no point in having a speedway forum at all is there - if every time you compare it to "issues in the world".

I only raised within the context of speedway, on a speedway forum so get a grip. ;)

You are getting uppity and upset about a thing the actual competitors in the meeting won’t care about – given the format has been in place since they were about 2 years old, it's quite well....it's quite tragic actually.

You are getting uppity and upset about a thing the actual competitors in the meeting won’t care about – given the format has been in place since they were about 2 years old, it's quite well....it's quite tragic actually.

Who said? Not me that's fer sure. What's "tragic"?? Where?? Seems you're the "uppity and upset" one?

I'm just looking at a speedway forum mate, a spade's a spade an all that.

If Ivan Mauger had reeled off 5 straight wins, dominated every other rider and way ahead of the pack in the points tally, it is ludicrous to then have a one-off race between him and the "also rans" to somehow decide it. You might as well toss a coin. Ludicrous.

Here. Have a win gum and take it easy. :t:

• Like 2

A speedway race seems logical in all honesty.

.....not when you've had a whole day/night of heats already and such as "Mauger" (or other similarly "streets-ahead-of-the-competition" out and out champion) has comprehensively beaten every other rider and is way ahead in the points tally..... then, no, to scrap all that has gone before and have just one race to somehow decide it is ludicrous. Its already been decided - by the previous full programme of round robin (no pun intended) heats.

Over to you.... ;)

• Like 1

already been decided - by the previous full programme of round robin (no pun intended) heats.

Emm it hasn’t - that’s why they run a final, it’s the format of the meeting it has been for about 30 years….if the winner had already been decided they, well,.....they wouldn't then run a final.

it’s the format of the meeting

And the format is wrong. So as you ducked the point the last time I say again....

If Ivan Mauger had reeled off 5 straight wins, dominated every other rider and way ahead of the pack in the points tally, it is ludicrous to then have a one-off race between him and the "also rans" to somehow decide it. You might as well toss a coin. Ludicrous.

The reason why you duck the issue is you can't defend the indefensible. I know it, you know it. :t:

• Like 1

And the format is wrong. So as you ducked the point the last time I say again....

The reason why you duck the issue is you can't defend the indefensible. I know it, you know it. :t:

They should just fire out a game of soggy biscuit after a race each eh? I mean that seems far more logical then actually racing a speedway race to decide a speedway meeting…that oh so indefensible thing

It’s great we have moved on from dated, archaic mind-sets of 30 years ago though, why don’t we also bring back gollywogs and racist folk music as well? I mean f*ck evolution and development eh? It’s indefensible - them good old glorious olden days

Top trolling from the sport!! Must be the best part of 200 odd meetings decided this way and each one will have pissed you off a bit...awesome stuff.

Edited by Hacksaw Jim Duggan

They should just fire out a game of soggy biscuit after a race each eh?

It’s great we have moved on from dated, archaic mind-sets of 30 years ago though, why don’t we also bring back gollywogs and racist folk music as well?

What on earth are you on about??!! :rofl:

Tell you what. Lets not bother with any races. Just have a one off race at the end eh.

Utter nonsense. If you want to select the best rider and the most worthy 'champion' then the rider that dominates the others over 5 heats each is the way to do it.

If instead they want to be 'Mickey Mouse' about it for the sake of having a spectacle last heat then arbitrarily decide the winner by awarding it to one of the also rans. Ludicrous.

Over to you.... ;)

• Like 1

What on earth are you on about??!! :rofl:

Tell you what. Lets not bother with any races. Just have a one off race at the end eh.

Utter nonsense. If you want to select the best rider and the most worthy 'champion' then the rider that dominates the others over 5 heats each is the way to do it.

If instead they want to be 'Mickey Mouse' about it for the sake of having a spectacle last heat then arbitrarily decide the winner by awarding it to one of the also rans. Ludicrous.

Over to you.... ;)

Why waste my time...you have been making this point for kicking on 30 years and no one actually cares.... :lol:

Edited by Hacksaw Jim Duggan

you have been making this point for kicking on 30 years and no one actually cares.... :lol:

No mate, you must be mistaking me for somebody else. I've not even been a member of this forum for 30 years. ;)

I guess I'm about 10 rounds up at the minute.... lets have a deciding heat/post and give away my runaway lead. Nah, that would be criminal. :cheers:

No mate, you must be mistaking me for somebody else. I've not even been a member of this forum for 30 years. ;)

I guess I'm about 10 rounds up at the minute.... lets have a deciding heat/post and give away my runaway lead. Nah, that would be criminal. :cheers:

Spending your time moaning about a race format that has been in place for about 30 years, oh aye you're a winner.... :lol:

Spending your time moaning about a race format

And you never joined in once did you. Its a speedway forum mate. You know wot they say about if you're finding it too hot in the kitchen. :t:

The fact it's been around for x number of years doesn't make it right, or fair

The fact that the rules are known prior to the meeting doesn't make it fair

How can anyone justify that a rider reeling off five straight wins, thus beating ALL other riders, is not the winner

Defies any sort of logic

• Like 1

The fact it's been around for x number of years doesn't make it right, or fair

The fact that the rules are known prior to the meeting doesn't make it fair

How can anyone justify that a rider reeling off five straight wins, thus beating ALL other riders, is not the winner

Defies any sort of logic

But he only tops the qualifying rounds!

Are you saying that Vettel should be named as winner of the F1 in Mexico as he topped the Qualifying? :wink: