British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SCB

Championship Rider Final 24/09

Nothing to do with either agreeing or disagreeing - not at all.

You are missing the point.

I did think of the 5 rides point so why not 6 myself that you made about Ivan i.e. before you made it I had (already) thought of that myself. However, the difference is that whereby Ivan had reeled off 5 straight wins and comprehensively beaten every other rider and was head and shoulders above the rest and had, e.g. a 4 point lead over the next best rider, an extra 6th ride whereby he had a puncture or an EF would make no difference if the points are cumulative i.e. his nearest challenger could only close the gap by 3 points. Whereas if the slate is wiped clean and all down to one additional/last race then all of that dominance is binned. That's the difference.

Friends and workmates that follow football see it as a Mickey Mouse way of doing things as they see it as being like a commanding lead in football being wiped out after 80 minutes and then just playing the last 10 minutes as the only thing that counts and they see speedway as a Mickey Mouse sport that is very badly run and they laugh at it.

A bit like when football has end of season promotion playoffs and points earned over 9 months are ignored and promotion is decided over a maximum three matches. Glad football doesn't have any mickey mouse ideas like that :-)

A bit like when football has end of season promotion playoffs and points earned over 9 months are ignored and promotion is decided over a maximum three matches. Glad football doesn't have any mickey mouse ideas like that :-)

Yes there is that, you did well there. :P

Although those that made the observation were reckoning the top tier where there isn't any playoff, and in footie the title winners are decided by their league table position only, i.e. it is only the 2nd, 3rd, 4th etc positions that go to playoff. ;)

In any case it was more to do with the 80 minutes scenario whereby a built up lead, e.g. 3-0 or 4-0 is binned after 80 minutes, and of course that doesn't actually happen in footie at all.

Edited by justere2cgoodspeedway
  • Like 1

Nothing to do with either agreeing or disagreeing - not at all.

You are missing the point.

I did think of the 5 rides point so why not 6 myself that you made about Ivan i.e. before you made it I had (already) thought of that myself. However, the difference is that whereby Ivan had reeled off 5 straight wins and comprehensively beaten every other rider and was head and shoulders above the rest and had, e.g. a 4 point lead over the next best rider, an extra 6th ride whereby he had a puncture or an EF would make no difference if the points are cumulative i.e. his nearest challenger could only close the gap by 3 points. Whereas if the slate is wiped clean and all down to one additional/last race then all of that dominance is binned. That's the difference.

Friends and workmates that follow football see it as a Mickey Mouse way of doing things as they see it as being like a commanding lead in football being wiped out after 80 minutes and then just playing the last 10 minutes as the only thing that counts and they see speedway as a Mickey Mouse sport that is very badly run and they laugh at it.

II'm not missing the point (see how I do that underline thing to emphasise :) ), a true Champ comes through at the end. Even with 5 heats, If a rider wins 4 comprehensively, If he/she doesn't win the last, they've got to rely on others dropping points. Reeling off 5 wins ...... same as reeling off 6 or 7 to a form rider, and you get to see another race! ;) , Can see your point, I just don't think its relevant justere.

II'm not missing the point (see how I do that underline thing to emphasise :) ), a true Champ comes through at the end. Even with 5 heats, If a rider wins 4 comprehensively, If he/she doesn't win the last, they've got to rely on others dropping points. Reeling off 5 wins ...... same as reeling off 6 or 7 to a form rider, and you get to see another race! ;) , Can see your point, I just don't think its relevant justere.

Yes you are missing the point. (no underline ;) )

Case 1

Best rider by miles 5 straight wins 15 points

Next best rider 11 points

Extra 6th race - puncture / EF so gifts 3 points to the fourth placed rider that has only 9 points so he gets a total of 12 points. So best rider crowned champion.

Case 2

Best rider by miles 5 straight wins 15 points

Next best rider 11 points

Extra 6th race - puncture / EF so gifts win to the fourth placed rider that had only 9 points but he is granted title of 'champion'. So best rider robbed.

If an extra heat for the sake of a last race spectacle maybe better if some of the built up lead still counted rather than all down the pan. Its an idea.

I'm sure you see it now me old fruit. :t::D

:lol::lol:

Using Ivan Mauger as a reference point - a guy who retired about 40 years, Christ some speedway fans are archaic dullards.

Do you really have to lower yourself to insulting name calling. Looks like you need look no further than the mirror and I don't mean the newspaper!!

• Like 1

Do you really have to lower yourself to insulting name calling. Looks like you need look no further than the mirror and I don't mean the newspaper!!

Aye sure, if it is low to call you a bit of a boring auld tosser than I suppose the shoe fits.

Aye sure, if it is low to call you a bit of a boring auld tosser than I suppose the shoe fits.

You're too kind.

Really. Tut tut. That's when you know the other guy has lost the argument. :t:

Oh not at all, you are talking guff, that was never an argument to be lost - I just also think you are a tosser. :lol:

Edited by Hacksaw Jim Duggan

Oh not at all, you are still talking a pile of guff - I just also think you are a tosser. :lol:

Gee, thanks.

you just aren't that important or worth debate.... :lol:

Super :t:

I’ll be taking a pass on life advice from you

:lol::lol:

Smashing :t: