British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SCB

Championship Rider Final 24/09

Are you sure you are sure cos if so please tell us who these riders are and why they haven't been invited.

Where was this reported? Remember a football team uses the centre green and the previous promotion always said they couldn't reduce the size of the pitch.

Reported is probably not quite the right word. Sorry. I heard it being mentioned by one of the promotion last week when Newcastle were there.

The previous promotion didn't own the football team, whereas the current owners do, as well as the stadium, . that could possibly make a difference.

• Like 1

Must admit that I am frustrated we spent so much money on great facilities but have to put up with a gate and go track where spread out races are more common than not.the gap between first and last after bend 2 is too much for good racing. Cant see how we can get anymore room unless we were to move the football pitch to a new site within the complex. Hopefully be a good safe meeting tonight....and its still dry!!!!! But wrap up warm.

As I have said in another post part of the problem is the difference in riders ability and also money in our league. For example Chris Harris in the same league as Mitchell Davey (no offence to Mitchell he's a great lad but does not have the money or sponsors that others do). Look at the videos on the Tigers website with the most recent race between the Worrall twins showing what can be achieved. With this meeting having most of the best riders it should be good

Maybe that's what happens when you pay peanuts.

Indeed, I think that’s the main problem.

It will be interesting to see what the gates like.

• Like 1

Still dry.

Reported is probably not quite the right word. Sorry. I heard it being mentioned by one of the promotion last week when Newcastle were there.

The previous promotion didn't own the football team, whereas the current owners do, as well as the stadium, . that could possibly make a difference.

Surely an all weather surface(for the football) which could be used by all, as ashfield is very much community based, would make sense.football crowd of say 200, yet the pitch is holding back potential 2000 crowds. Dont think im the only one who has picked meetings carefully due to to many ftg races. Fingers crossed.so many positives...but.

Cookie unwell and has withdraw. Correct decision with a massive meeting on monday

Cookie unwell and has withdraw. Correct decision with a massive meeting on monday

Surely the rules require 'unwell' riders to sit out the next few days? believe this was brought in to stop riders picking and choosing which matches they would attend. I'm sure this isn't the case with Cookie :approve: but you wouldn't want him infecting other riders and even fans if he is so unwell :P so it would seem sensible for him to miss this Monday's match as well, whatever it is.

Maybe the B.S.P.A. have told him, being an Edinburgh asset, he must attend their dance tonight. ;):cheers:

• Like 1

Thats saved some petrol and seeing a home man with a smug face when he wins, ah for the good old days of jack millan and kenny carter riding with broken legs no dought feeling unwell at the time , to easy these days to pull out have said before any rider missing should be banned or seen by an independant doctor before riding again .hope he is fit for monday shame if he misses the final at belle vue ,one pi***d off comets fan from 1970 watching my fav sport dying before my eyes

Picked up a leg injury on Sunday. He's out for at least two weeks apparently, so will miss this weekend and possibly the double header on the 22nd.

It's reported that they are planning major work on the track over the winter. Widening the straights by taking 1 1/2 metres off the insides, bringing the bends in by two metres on the inside and, I hope, reducing the banking accordingly.

Thank you for the info.

Robert is a talented rider who hopefully will go up the Speedway ladder.

There have been times when he has been missing and I have not seen any reason

I spoke to Robert in Macon this year.... he was very approachable and I wish him all the best

Not so sure any of the Workington fans who have left for Glasgow to support their rider would feel the same.

Surely the rules require 'unwell' riders to sit out the next few days? believe this was brought in to stop riders picking and choosing which matches they would attend. I'm sure this isn't the case with Cookie :approve: but you wouldn't want him infecting other riders and even fans if he is so unwell :P so it would seem sensible for him to miss this Monday's match as well, whatever it is.

You think thats likely to happen.....no me neither.

• Like 1

Was a bit of a late call must had know earlier in the day and maybe could have got another rider from worky so traveling fans would have somebody to support hope mason campton gets a shout as he is not far from Glasgow

Was a bit of a late call must had know earlier in the day and maybe could have got another rider from worky so traveling fans would have somebody to support hope mason campton gets a shout as he is not far from Glasgow

yes its funny that, sure I've read that cookie was a great team man and if so surely he would have thought about the travelling workie fans and his team mates who could earn a few quid this evening

• Like 1

Looks like no Workington rider at tonight's meeting.

Time sick notes attracted an automatic 7 day absence regardless of the reason. All in the interests of riders wellbeing of course.

Fewer fans = fewer teams = fewer riders required.

Time for the piss taking to be reigned in and the sport to actually be managed.

• Like 5